Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Managed about half way through the foundation video. She says that the £105 one has a magical texture like a lot of Japanese brands do.

Have I remembered correctly here? Was she dismissive of Asian skincare because it was faddy (or something along those lines) or was it just Korean stuff she had a problem with? Can't remember where she said it to check. Just wondering if it's one rule for skincare and another for make up.

Happy to be corrected.

Reactions: 1
I really dislike her jumper. Her face is shiny and her eye make up is extremely heavy. Her hair does not suit her longer. Why does she keep waving her hands about and putting her thumbs up?

Reactions: 2
I really dislike her jumper. Her face is shiny and her eye make up is extremely heavy. Her hair does not suit her longer. Why does she keep waving her hands about and putting her thumbs up?
OMG I can't stop seeing the (y)(y) now
Also, I watched further in and my goodness it's super repetitive, isn't it? She almost seems cross when she goes on about cost being none of her business

Reactions: 3
All of this! That jumper is hideous.

The jumper is a testament to the hideous things people will buy if they worship the label enough. Unless Ganni gives Sali a 'bought myself' discount like Whistles?

Reactions: 6
I haven't looked at the IG foundation vid but now am intrigued enough to do so! I can't be bothered with ludicrously priced make up because what is the point? Even if I could afford it (spoiler alert - I can't) it just feels like a waste of money.

Regarding comments BTL on the Guardian, they were never that bad, especially compared to the vicious trolling other female columnists were (and continue to be) subjected to. You would get the odd smartarse comment but nothing awful.

Watched a bit of the vid. Don't like the jumper but do like the eye look - I'm a total sucker for a full on eye look tho.

What's up with her top lip? Looks like she's had filler.

Last edited:
Yeah, weird phrase, isn’t it? Also why does she need another one? She already has more than she can ever use in 6 lifetimes.

I guess if he does extend the shade range she can take credit "Troy Surratt acted on my personal request to extend the shade range"

Reactions: 10
Oddly phrased though. "May I have ..." instead of just "Would you consider including ..."

'We' had to make lolol. As if she had any control over or input into K Viner's decisions. The ego. Every single thing she posts isn't hers until it contains some fib, exaggeration, twisting of events or distortion of some sort.
I wonder if the decision was because Viner and co were worried that any comments construed as damaging could have limited the amount of revenue the Guardian make from the affiliate links?

bleeping hell. The Surratt foundation is 19 ml for £70 making it more expensive than the Cle de Peau at £105 for 30 ml (unless I've calculated wrong or the ml I found is wrong). SH tried to make a virtue of it's size saying it fits nicely in your handbag 🙄.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I watched about two minutes of that video before I gave up. WHAT is with the constant gasping, sniffing and swallowing?
She couldn't wave the Rolex around much more if she tried, and as for the jumper? Even the Emperor wouldn't have fallen for that one!

Reactions: 6
I suppose now SH can assume (convince herself?) that anyone asking a probing question is from here. Which is a good way to shut down discussion. BTL comments always seemed pretty reasonable but I guess a couple of them were linked to here and so it can be spun as just being mouth breathing, dribbling, spittle spraying fists banging on keyboards trolling.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Google "ugly traditional Slavic woolen socks" and you'll get the idea.

@melfish you're fast! :LOL:
I like her eye look, especially how the crease is defined in the inner corner, my lids are getting beefy, so I'm envious of that!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.