Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bags on seats, and cars parked in residents restricted parking are not OK but there are ways to handle that sort of scenario. Not sure filming is necessary really. In fact things like that are age old and were dealt with before everyone had an audience.

The Mac 'holiday' launch last night was a lot huh? A couple of people I Insta follow were there - or rather their phones were there and they accompanied them as tripods. That'said why they were invited of course but the spectacle of the extravagance and it all being experienced through the lens of phone cameras for social media is quite a snapshot of it all.
The sheer extravagance of the Mac party was extraordinary! As said upthread, the amount of money sloshing around the beauty industry is obscene. I did see and hear gobshite Hirons (without her filter) lowering the tone.

Was Sali there?

Reactions: 3
Sorry my bad, I thought she asked if they were a farmer but it was a vet. Even more ridiculous

I can only imagine the Tattle bashing between Clemmie and Sali #sponsoredbyAvonbutnofiltersmidmarks😉

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hi @La Vida Es Un Tango welcome!

How have you found this forum? Is it what you expected after seeing the IG video?
Thanks! I think the SH threads here are witty and hilarious and on point, and you are all welcoming and kind and actually make me want to post, which is not something that happens to me so often. I am not sure what I was expecting, because I took the Friday Rant with a lot of scepticism (frankly, like I take all of these "influencers"), and also, I am generally tired of what I call the "Huda Kattan communication style", which means that all insta interactions have to be along the lines of "I love you, you Queen" - "No, I love you more, Boo", and otherwise you will often be shut down, regardless of how valid your question or criticism is. So I wanted to see for myself, and yeah. It seems to me that the whole thing has been misrepresented, I don't know if this is in order to manufacture drama, or because some people truly live in a bubble and can't see certain things for what they are.

Reactions: 10
The train bullying is still up if anyone's not heard it. She could of course have very pointedly given up her own seat and glared at the woman with her bag on the seat all journey. Which is what I would probably have done but doesn't give very good audio.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I would probably have said something to the woman with the suitcases, although I like to think I would have been more polite and less hectoring. I certainly wouldn't have recorded it and made it public so that I could be told how brave I was. As I head towards 50, I'm embracing my inner grumpy old woman as the teenager in the park who I told to pick up the chewing gum he'd spat out can testify. He did, and put it in the bin I indicated, all bravado vanished. Two coppers heard me and turned to watch, one fingering his taser thoughtfully, but I'm not sure if the chewing gum spitter saw them.

And yes, I saw the mouldy grout on La Hirons post - imagine expecting your fans to pay £290 for that set and not even taking the time to photograph it properly. If I hadn't already decided against it on the basis that I don't like one-size-fits-all kits, the price, the number sent out to "influencers" and so on, I would have decided against it on the basis of the black mould.

This was my first post since finding this site after That Friday and it's been a joy to find a group of such bright, witty sceptics!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I do think she has a point about the suitcase but the way she goes about it gives me palpitations.

You can hear her voice quavering with anger and it suggests instability to me.

Back to the point I always make - it’s not possible to know what a person is going through. For all we know that woman has just got back off a night shift and run away from an abusive partner and has an invisible disability. We don’t know. Yes seats on trains are for humans and it’s very rude to take them up with bags but that can be suggested quietly.

Reactions: 15
Bags on seats and feet on seats will be the things that induce my Michael Douglas Breaking Down moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How ever you want to approach this kind of situation is up to you, but you certainly won't record and post it to for your followers or hold a service about it like you unarmed a man twice your size and pistol whipped him afterwards.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I too hate the bags on seats thing and have often asked people to move them.

That audio is horrific though the ‘I’m sorry, I have never done that before’ bit is so disingenuous when you consider she was recording the entire time. Her voice was like quivering with excitement at the impending back slapping and likes she would get after posting it.

Reactions: 11
How ever you want to approach this kind of situation is up to you, but you certainly won't record and post it to for your followers or hold a service about it like you unarmed a man twice your size and pistol whipped him afterwards.
It really is the recording that bothers me, because it makes me think that this was not about the elderly lady being able to sit down (which would not have needed any recording, I would think). This may have been the right fight that got a bit too intense and could have been handled in a variety of ways (and we cannot know this without knowing the "offender's" circumstances or even, the size and weight of the luggage), but I question whether it was for the right motives. Actually, no, I don't really question it. I know it wasn't.

Reactions: 8
Bags on seats and feet on seats will be the things that induce my Michael Douglas Breaking Down moment.
I once saw someone changing their kids nappy on the seat - with nothing between baby's bum and seat! I didn't know what to say

• Sick
Reactions: 2
In brief, here's a story. For years I was the kind of insecure kid who always assumed everyone knew better than me, and in the attempt to better myself to somehow gain access to the 'cool clubs', I admired from afar the golden status of a few. I've done a lot of work recently on my life perspective and I'm so disappointed to now realise I fell into exactly the kind of trap this place, at its best, mitigates against. When I first found the old GTL group I fell on it in helpless gratitude thinking here was a place that would let me play with the cool kids. But the it turned out to be just the kind of mean 6th form girls on the back of the bus brigade that helped put me in a bad place in the first instance. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the whole situation after 'That Video', I am pleased that there is some balance now. I've just listened to the train tirade and I'm very surprised at it. If someone had given SH, or anyone, permission to speak for them, that's one thing; but if that hadn't happened, to tear into someone like that knowing nothing other than what you assume based on 'having witnessed it all' really distresses me. If I'd be on the receiving end, there have been times in my life when she'd have had me shaking and in tears. I don't think that it is OK at all. So I'm very glad this site exists and thank you, as it enables me to confirm the instinct that's been growing for a while, that she was no longer so interesting to me. I now see the whole situation differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If that lady had put her suitcase in the aisle, SH would have had a go at her about that too. “Who’s suitcase is this! It’s blocking the aisle for everyone!” Etc. You can’t win with some people.

And the way SH goes on and on and on at her. Christ I hate people who don’t know how to say their bit and then stfu.

The recording and sharing of the audio is super weird and rings narcissist alarm bells.

The faux apology is cringe as well. “I’m sorry but...” Not sorry then are you?

Also if that’s the rudest (or most selfish.. or whatever superlative she said, I cba listening again) thing SH had witnessed for months then she really doesn’t get out much.

Reactions: 10
Not sure it's actually legal to release the recording in public without consent from the other woman tbh...

Reactions: 6
I once saw someone changing their kids nappy on the seat - with nothing between baby's bum and seat! I didn't know what to say
I'd do that over trying to change it in the train loo!

(caveat - I haven't done that, I wouldn't choose to do that, but if I was going to be on the train for a long time then desperation might sink it.)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.