Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tigerwhocametotea

There was a Twitter poll the other day, do you mean something like that @GTL Old-Timer ? But that wouldn’t account for Instagram? I also don’t get (sorry for being thick) how she would know those were people from here.

People wanted her to account for its demise but she had left already and it had nothing to do with her.

rosemarina

VIP Member
These made me laugh. I don't know who she is and I can't think of anything witty to say about her tweets but I don't think she meant to give the impression that she does. Like her hair/wig though.
She’s great, I love her podcast (Sentimental Garbage- it’s about chick lit- her words not mine). I had no idea she worked for The Pool previously.

HowardMoon

VIP Member
Just had a look at this. What kind of name is Insanity for a management company?? And as for this “In 2016, she accepted a prestigious invitation to address The Oxford Union, arguing that beauty, feminism and substance are not mutually exclusive” her side lost the debate. Her’s was not a compelling argument - it’s worth watching. (The proposition was a dubious one to be fair)

She delivered the concluding comments (she starts speaking at 52.30):

Loaded, I think.
Christ, she’s so incredibly uncomfortable

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
that biog, written in the style of Donald Trump. Fourth book, just why???? I love how the previous three were ‘bestselling’. Were they? Really?
Amazon create super obscure categories so virtually anyone can call themselves a bestseller. I take a good look at the Times bestsellers list every week and I don’t recall her last one on there. But it may have snuck in the week it was published, when all the pre-orders count towards first week sales.

Influencers do all sorts to be able to claim bestseller status - I remember Lily Pebbles doing ridiculous prize draws for pre-orders - £500 spaceNK vouchers and all sorts. She snuck in at the bottom of the times list with 3,000-odd copies sold IIRC and then it disappeared.

melfish

VIP Member
Can you really see other people’s IP addresses? I know you can if you “own” a website, but I didn’t think you could on sites like Instagram or Twitter? Surely she would need the analytics from this site to cross-reference anyway. Given how many followers she has on social media I find it bewildering.
I'm not at all computer savvy, but a cursory google tells me there are third-party sites that you can subscribe to to find out people's locations and online history via their IP address

Have at it, I say. It's terribly sad

And yes, I agree there may be another IG tirade on the horizon, perhaps using her Obama retweet to segue into it

Perpet

What’s Lionel Shriver done wrong?

:Googles:. Fuck, is she pro-Brexit?
Not only pro Brexit but extremely right wing generally. Very anti-immigrant (ironic as she is one but she's rich, white and a native English speaker so probably think she's 'the right kind of immigrant.') Saw her on the BBC recently referring to remainers as 'emotionally odd. '

Tigerwhocametotea

It's not as bad as that viral vid going around where the woman is drying her knickers with the overhead air vent thingy

It just highlights the #AD-ness, because it's so out of character
Yes. Presumably if this one does well, she will get more. I bet she will be less pleasant as they go on. She will be being paid ££££ for it, so worth gritting her teeth and being nice.

Mselvista

VIP Member
She is the director of three companies now - Pretty Honest, The Beauty Banks and The Communication Store. - google ‘Sali Hughes Companies House’
The Communication Store appears to be part of Beauty Banks' address. The 3rd company is something like Admin Shed (I have literally just looked at it and have forgotten the name already).

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
How can the Guardian call that a beauty column. Its just a list of products, any one of us could do that, and better. There is no knowledge, thought, care or advice in those words and certainly no journalistic talent.

the train #Ad is a right proper cringe. Actually was a bit embarrassed for her.

that biog, written in the style of Donald Trump. Fourth book, just why???? I love how the previous three were ‘bestselling’. Were they? Really?
Did she win an achiever award at that CEW thing?
And seriously In the Bathroom won three industry awards? WtF.
Out of interest what magazine did she edit?

Tigerwhocametotea

I'm not at all computer savvy, but a cursory google tells me there are third-party sites that you can subscribe to to find out people's locations and online history via their IP address

Have at it, I say. It's terribly sad

And yes, I agree there may be another IG tirade on the horizon, perhaps using her Obama retweet to segue into it
I am also not that savvy, but I am certain that can’t be legal! I found this:

It looks v v complicated!