Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosemarina

VIP Member
Not sure if I’ve seen anything about this in the previous threads, but was wondering exactly what went down a few years ago on the SHB forum - there was some creepy catfish character (quite obviously dodgy to me at the time), who was banned, but that turned into a furore about forum user safety and how it was handled by the mods, and culminated in a mass exodus including some OG members like Alkistis, and some secret breakaway FB beauty group which I imagine still exists to this day... anyone have more details?
I remember that, he was awful straight away but some people indulged him anyway.

I think Alkistis left after various run-ins with Sali (?)

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Did she win an achiever award at that CEW thing?
And seriously In the Bathroom won three industry awards? WtF.
Out of interest what magazine did she edit?
I wondered about which mag she was Editor of too. She didn’t win anything at those awards and she made it all about honouring Terry Barber , nothing said about her gal pals .

Mselvista

VIP Member
And then it transpired that he had been DMing members in a VERY creepy way so he was reported and eventually banned. And I THINK it became apparent that the mods were well aware of the creepiness but hadn’t bothered to act, despite some of the creepiness involving a member’s young child. There was a bit of an outcry which was swiftly dampened and we were told we ‘weren’t allowed’ to talk about it, even though the purpose of talking about it was to make sure other people were safe and aware he had been a creep. Lots of back-pedalling then quite nasty stuff followed and eventually those who were upset were accused of shit stirring and made to feel unwelcome unless we toed the line.
WTAF? Who were the moderators at the time? That is fucking awful.

Everyoldsock

Sorry if this has already been posted but how the hell can editors not have any idea that their publication is going through a shitstorm like what happened to the Pool?

melfish

VIP Member
Out of a sort of morbid curiosity I started watching In the Bathroom with Zanna Rassi wotsit. Sali’s furiously pinched face! She doesn’t even try to conceal her contempt! And what was with her outfit? Surely the frumpiest she’s ever worn?
Also clearly picking Zanna's brain in the first part. That was not for the benefit of the audience

Last edited:

IrishViolet

Most of the women writers I like and follow on Twitter - such as Nigella - tweeted support for Sali after her video/tweets that Friday. I interpreted it as an instinctive gesture of support for a person who was visibly upset rather than, necessarily, an endorsement of her portrayal of the Tattle Life comments.

Anyone who came here - as I did - to understand what had caused such upset would have found that it was not quite the way Sali had described it.
I've asked quite a few people if they'd read these threads before the wave of sympathy. Nope- just took it on face value.

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
Oh no! She might not realise you can make your IG private! That way only people you have approved can follow you. Not sure if the same function is available on Twitter. Definitely can do that with Facebook.

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
Possibly the period book she was referring scathingly to was by that woo-merchant Maisie Hill. In which case I agree that the world doesn't need it!

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Wow - that train recording. She goes from 0-60mph pretty bloody quickly and she doesn’t let it drop. It doesn’t take much for Sali to get her dander up does it - she’s so tightly wound she obviously finds things to get affronted by everywhere. Freaky Friday was just more of that same mis-placed rage. No wonder people have been shocked when they discover that what she was so exercised by was some....opinions. Gasp. I’ve said it before - she can dish it out, but she sure can’t take it.
The woman was pretty entitled though and didn't help things by saying "no need to get angry"

I think we all agree she's right for telling the person off - it's the way she does it and the fact that she recorded it AND published it I'm uncomfortable with.
I wouldn't have recorded it and am unsure of her motivations (let's hope it was to raise awareness of such entitled behaviour as taking up seats) but I think the other woman was more in the wrong than SH. She made no effort to move her stuff from what I could hear

HowardMoon

VIP Member
I’d like to get started with this kind of thing now. Prevention being better than cure, as they say.
I wouldn’t know where to go or what to ask for lol! I’ve seen the Pixiwoos talk about Profilo which I think is a filler (?) from memory but I think most celebs like to use these methods but not let on which is a shame as it’s really interesting.