Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's always holy grail/life-changing etc. Oh and of course they're always ~obsessed~ with sth.
Is there *anything* that could, without hyperbole, be called "life-changing" in the beauty world? Perhaps plastic surgery after being in a fire. That kind of level. But otherwise, I'd say it's a big NOPE. Trying to make it a feminist issue to give yourself gravatas is just silly

@Jade Mitzi ive got Born slippy in my head now after your ‘born snippy’ comment 😂.
Me too. Ta for that

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m rubbish at titles for threads but if someone witty and clever could incorporate a hair straightener on a train and ‘are you a vet’ I’ll be asking Helen to be setting up a ‘thread title of the year’ award 😁

Reactions: 2
It's pointless the way she smears x foundation all over her big hammy fist in tit video quality. It doesn't show anything about the product.

Reactions: 6
Straightening hair on the train while screaming ARE YOU A VET?!, pays the bills and the private school fees, I’ll bet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
And so many youtubers not only zoom in on their faces when they apply the foundation, but show you how it wears throughout the day (I recommend Emily Fox for this, she's a lovely Canadian youtuber, and she zooms in!)
It's pointless the way she smears x foundation all over her big hammy fist in tit video quality. It doesn't show anything about the product.

Reactions: 5
Plus, listening to Lisa Eldridge is a soothing experience, whereas listening to Sali has become...well, it makes me kinda nervous. The breathing and all that.

I know, right? Apparently there's no money to be made from just saying "this is a nice product" or "does the job". It's always holy grail/life-changing etc. Oh and of course they're always ~obsessed~ with sth.
So true! I can’t watch it’s so stressful with the heavy breathing and weirdness

And so many youtubers not only zoom in on their faces when they apply the foundation, but show you how it wears throughout the day (I recommend Emily Fox for this, she's a lovely Canadian youtuber, and she zooms in!)
So true! I can’t watch it’s so stressful with the heavy breathing and weirdness
The annoying idiosycracies are one thing, but most uncomfortable are the pretentiousness, the need to impress, the palpable absence of chill.

Reactions: 8
Thanks to this thread I found Katie Jane Hughes insta and learned how to do eyeliner for hoodie eyes. All I learned from princess snippy pants is to get eyelid surgery and botox!! No thanks 🤣

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Thanks to this thread I found Katie Jane Hughes insta and learned how to do eyeliner for hoodie eyes. All I learned from princess snippy pants is to get eyelid surgery and botox!! No thanks 🤣
I’m way too old to fan girl 😂😂😂but if I did it’d be over KJH. I apply my foundation differently after watching her stories and listening to her advice, she’s so precise and knowledgable .

*sniff* are you a vet? *Sniff* does your bag have a ticket? *Sniff* I've been using this since before I was born...

I’m way too old to fan girl 😂😂😂but if I did it’d be over KJH. I apply my foundation differently after watching her stories and listening to her advice, she’s so good advising.
Yes her Instagram is really practical, lots of ideas for things you can do and with products you own already.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've never been able to do eyeliner with my hooded eyes. Just makes them look weird. Cat's eye? Forget about it

Reactions: 1
I've never been able to do eyeliner with my hooded eyes. Just makes them look weird. Cat's eye? Forget about it
Have you tried the KJH tutorial? It's taken me a few practice runs and I'm still far from perfect but it looks so much better than it ever did before.

Have you tried the KJH tutorial? It's taken me a few practice runs and I'm still far from perfect but it looks so much better than it ever did before.
No, will have to look it up. I have all the tools, just lack the ability

Reactions: 1
I’m rubbish at titles for threads but if someone witty and clever could incorporate a hair straightener on a train and ‘are you a vet’ I’ll be asking Helen to be setting up a ‘thread title of the year’ award 😁
Ooh yes something along the lines of 'do your hair straighteners have a ticket'?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
LE is at the top of her game, has nothing to prove and is a consummate professional. Because of that she seems relaxed & authentic. SH is a wannabe who isn’t stylish or original (those Bella Freud jumpers, Chloe boots & Whistles shirts are so bloody ubiquitous), hasn’t much creative make-up application flair (remember the fake eyelashes that looked ridic - despite having been an assistant to an MUA) and her manner on video & social media has no warmth. She’s a beauty reviewer, a critic...which lots of people do better & with more insight & integrity. I think that is why she seems so chippy. She thinks a prickly manner seems authoritative.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
LE is at the top of her game, has nothing to prove and is a consummate professional. Because of that she seems relaxed & authentic. SH is a wannabe who isn’t stylish or original (those Bella Freud jumpers, Chloe boots & Whistles shirts are so bloody ubiquitous), hasn’t much creative make-up application flair (remember the fake eyelashes that looked ridic - despite having been an assistant to an MUA) and her manner on video & social media has no warmth. She’s a beauty reviewer, a critic...which lots of people do better & with more insight & integrity. I think that is why she seems so chippy. She thinks a prickly manner seems authoritative.
Don't forget the ubiquitous Gucci belt. That thing is fugly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.