Sali Hughes #60 I will put you in a folder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been reading Jess Defino for a few years now, I started when I used to work on a project related to toxic chemicals in consumer products. It’s nice to have her voice but her schtick gets tired and repetitive after a while. Women do have agency and some of us purchase beauty products because we want to and find they work! Anyway we’ll see after a few months of this column if the same happens or she can keep it fresh.

Reactions: 14
Screenshot_20231031-110411_Chrome.jpg

I am really interested to see what will happen in the next few years regarding the beauty industry, influencer, "eXp£rTz" and the menopause. I see Nadine agreed with this article. I wonder what she makes of the product PR pajama party SH attended.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 2548675

I am really interested to see what will happen in the next few years regarding the beauty industry, influencer, "eXp£rTz" and the menopause. I see Nadine agreed with this article. I wonder what she makes of the product PR pajama party SH attended.
Sali is always going to go where the wind blows and the money flows. If the two manage to piece together with her looking like a decent person, all the better. 💷🥂
---
Those chocolate French tips look like dirty fingernails to me. So grim.
With her expensive jewellery on display, too, how gauche. And I really only say that because we know she sets up these shots purposefully.

"I paid". You're the best, Tiny S! Here's a cookie: 🍪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m waiting for the book she writes ten years from now
“Sali Hughes -my influencer hell: I paid“
I’ve always written about subjects other than beauty, but it was The Guardian Beauty Editor role which people best knew me from, rather than my journalist/feminist website The Pool, or my charity, Beauty Banks. Soon, the only work I was able to take was as a beauty influencer, I could brook no more countenance, and with it came the troles, the #press treatments and the silk pyjamas…

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’m waiting for the book she writes ten years from now
“Sali Hughes -my influencer hell: I paid“
I’ve always written about subjects other than beauty, but it was The Guardian Beauty Editor role which people best knew me from, rather than my journalist/feminist website The Pool, or my charity, Beauty Banks. Soon, the only work I was able to take was as a beauty influencer, I could brook no more countenance, and with it came the troles, the #press treatments and the silk pyjamas…
And what's the betting in 10 years time she still miraculously won't 'be there' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She'll gaslight us all saying she mentioned it several times over the years and in mysteriously non-existent IG comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I listened to a bit of the still unpromoted Zoe Lyons podcast. Has anyone else? It was quite strange and I can't put my finger on why.
Sali went very matey and quite Estuary English - sort of 'yeah I wanna do that too'.
And a rather horrid judgy anecdote about 'you never want to be the prettiest girl at school, the hot one, because it's olways downhill after that'.
You can just tell when she is in awe of someone, Trinny, and when she isn't, Zoe.
Her manner is completely different.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I listened to a bit of the still unpromoted Zoe Lyons podcast. Has anyone else? It was quite strange and I can't put my finger on why.
Sali went very matey and quite Estuary English - sort of 'yeah I wanna do that too'.
And a rather horrid judgy anecdote about 'you never want to be the prettiest girl at school, the hot one, because it's olways downhill after that'.
You can just tell when she is in awe of someone, Trinny, and when she isn't, Zoe.
Her manner is completely different.
I did listen to half of it and then unsubscribed from the podcast. I did not see the point in listening to more. Zoe is clearly not into beauty products and has no "passion for surface" and - apart from promoting a book or a show or whatever - I don't see why these two women met up to talk about this topic.

Reactions: 5
I assume this happened because Zoe lives in Brighton? What other reason would Sali have to interview a gay stand-up with alopecia? I think Zoe has recently started wearing a wig. For someone with actual interview skills, there’s a very interesting podcast in there.

Reactions: 9
This comment reveals how shallow Sali truly is. Her self-worth is so tied up with her appearance, even now, especially now. She seems to be getting more superficial with age. I guess this is what comes of being involved in the beauty industry for decades, where a lipstick launch takes up valuable real estate in your brain and dumb tit like a crease on your face is a personal armageddon

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This comment reveals how shallow Sali truly is. Her self-worth is so tied up with her appearance, even now, especially now. She seems to be getting more superficial with age. I guess this is what comes of being involved in the beauty industry for decades, where a lipstick launch takes up valuable real estate in your brain and dumb tit like a crease on your face is a personal armageddon
I know. I can just imagine her looking at the FB of her old school mates judging those who have 'let themselves go'. And who used to be pretty.
Fair enough to be threatened by those girls when you were at school and were self conscious and insecure. But now? It was obviously an off the cuff casual remark but still shows her dogwhistle article woman mentality.

• Heart
I think it's also because she's got no chill. I've definitely said something of the sorts before
I can just imagine her looking at the FB of her old school mates judging those who have 'let themselves go'
and...er...may have done this too (WHO AMONGST US CAN CLAIM THEY'VE NEVER HAD THE TEMPTATION!) but Sali doesn't really joke and she does talk about this kind of stuff an awful lot, even writing articles about it, so you can't help but think this is truly something that she believes in and that preoccupies her mind.

Reactions: 9
You'll all be thrilled to know Sali can 'move on with my life' after 'cursing' Soap & Glory's decision to discontinue the Sugar Crush scrub because Dove has a newly reformulated body lotion with lactic acid which 'is slurped up thirstily by my poor, weather-weary limbs.'

• Sick
  • Haha
You'll all be thrilled to know Sali can 'move on with my life' after 'cursing' Soap & Glory's decision to discontinue the Sugar Crush scrub because Dove has a newly reformulated body lotion with lactic acid which 'is slurped up thirstily by my poor, weather-weary limbs.'
Do Sali’s tiny limbs actually make the weather now or why are they weary

• Haha
I bought some of that Sugar Crush when Sali first raved about it and it is tit

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.