Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Here's a piece she wrote about a lunch we had"

JFC there are potted plants out there with more self-awareness than IK. It reads like something Trump would say
She's probably raging it didn't actually mention her by name.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did anyone watch The Anna Edit’s latest YouTube video? It’s a makeup tutorial with KJH. Interestingly, Anna mentions the recent plethora of new foundations. KJH says, you know why right? Foundation is by far the highest grossing category across all cosmetics.

Wouldn’t it be helpful if our beauty journalists/writers/columnists told us this stuff? And it wouldn’t stop me buying foundation, but it would help me understand how I’m being sold to and manipulated by the brands.

Reactions: 11

And SR has been bullshitting about her non existent scientific qualifications. "Cosmetic Chemist" my arse. Will SH or CH comment. ....doubt it.

Reactions: 5

And SR has been bullshitting about her non existent scientific qualifications. "Cosmetic Chemist" my arse. Will SH or CH comment. ....doubt it.
According to CH it's "old news"

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
There's some thing about they way she alludes to info, refuses to give it with a 'f you' "LOL" that is really grating. (No need to capitalise 'lol', we gettit.) Was it CH who threatened to punch us in the tits?

I reckon a big portion of foundation fixing shade mistakes. I've never quite made the ordinary foundation work all day for me, any tips? It's so cheap (and gym bag friendly in light plastic) I want it to work well.

Reactions: 2
There's some thing about they way she alludes to info, refuses to give it with a 'f you' "LOL" that is really grating. (No need to capitalise 'lol', we gettit.) Was it CH who threatened to punch us in the tits?

I reckon a big portion of foundation fixing shade mistakes. I've never quite made the ordinary foundation work all day for me, any tips? It's so cheap (and gym bag friendly in light plastic) I want it to work well.
It always goes streaky/patchy on me unless I use a primer underneath, then it’s great. And don’t go in straight away, leave the primer to do its thing for a few minutes first.

I use The Ordinary’s primers, both are great, it just depends your skin type and/or the look you are going for. And affordable. If money was no object I would go for Ren Perfect Canvas, it’s gorgeous.

Edited to add I found a great budget fixing spray the other day at Primark. In a black plastic bottle with MATTE vertically written. £4. Great and no breakouts. There was also a hydrate version in a green bottle.

“Don’t come to me when there’s accountability issues, I’m just here to shill you idiots the juice”

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
"Everyone does it" is really a compelling argument. 🙄 And what's to love about a job like that? If she exposed these "normal" practices in her new book, it would be something actually worth reading. Same with the cult leader of Salinistas (the stories you have from her forum and FB are priceless!).

Reactions: 3
"Everyone does it" is really a compelling argument. 🙄 And what's to love about a job like that? If she exposed these "normal" practices in her new book, it would be something actually worth reading. Same with the cult leader of Salinistas (the stories you have from her forum and FB are priceless!).
I know, so unprofessional. She really doesn't give a crap as long as she's paid to shill

Did anyone watch The Anna Edit’s latest YouTube video? It’s a makeup tutorial with KJH. Interestingly, Anna mentions the recent plethora of new foundations. KJH says, you know why right? Foundation is by far the highest grossing category across all cosmetics.

Wouldn’t it be helpful if our beauty journalists/writers/columnists told us this stuff? And it wouldn’t stop me buying foundation, but it would help me understand how I’m being sold to and manipulated by the brands.
I had a quick look. Anna's eyebrows are utterly ridiculous

Reactions: 2
'Old news' - argh that is infuriating for so many reasons. So when normal people point out shoddy practices we are trolls and bullying but when it is proven people like CH close ranks and minimise it. Also implying we are so silly and naive if we didn't realise the 'industry' has always been like that. This airy wave of the hand and the 'I TOLD you ages ago' attitude reminds me of SH and Botox.

Reactions: 13
It’s becoming increasingly clear that the entire industry is toxic, with dishonesty at its very core.

Anyone want to begin a beauty start-up which is actually authentic, honest and principled? Start a blog or Insta with purity of intent in beauty?Novel idea.

Reactions: 7

have just watched a bit of this so far. I think KJH is completely what Sali wishes she was (am talking online presence here). She oozes relevance, finger bang on the pulse. She isn’t breaking her neck to be first with anything, she just has a natural cool vibe.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes ITV!!!

5E411ADC-4C09-4F4A-B84C-1E1B67B7E34F.png

Also new thread name: I still believe “duck you and your blusher” has a LOT of merit

Last edited:
  • Wow
have just watched a bit of this so far. I think KJH is completely what Sali wishes she was (am talking online presence here). She oozes relevance, finger bang on the pulse. She isn’t breaking her neck to be first with anything, she just has a natural cool vibe.
I saw that and KJH is so warm and relatable - plus I actually learnt some good tips eg mixing facial oil with blusher and highlighter for a glowy dewy look. Seems obvious now. Also what a difference having someone like Anna instead of SH. S sat there all po faced and awkward desperate to not show that she was impressed (no idea what that was about) whereas Anna was genuinely interested and curious and showed her knowledge of products in a natural chatty way, not the standard SH 'yes, loved that for years' line. Also I'll never get over S looking in the mirror at the end and not saying one complimentary thing. Not one. So wierd.

Reactions: 4
Also need to start planning what we’re all doing for the big one month anniversary on Friday. A bit of LinkedIn stalking? Liking a stranger’s pic of their children from years ago? Volunteering to send a morally bankrupt ex-MP to a stranger’s house to peer through the cat flap? Punch someone in the tits? Say something to CH’s face in the street? Go on a tweet delete spree? So many options...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Also need to start planning what we’re all doing for the big one month anniversary on Friday. A bit of LinkedIn stalking? Liking a stranger’s pic of their children from years ago? Volunteering to send a morally bankrupt ex-MP to a stranger’s house to peer through the cat flap? Punch someone in the tits? Say something to CH’s face in the street? Go on a tweet delete spree? So many options...
I vote we all go and get a shitload of tweakments in our sides of beef

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.