Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Half-way SH introduces the word "diluted" in regards to Botox. Is this the dawn of her famous expression caught on video for posterity?
Hmm, good spot! I wonder if she's already had Botox at this point, as her forehead does have that taut, shiny look

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1
I'm still watching, and taking eye roll breaks, but now they're on about how they would tell each other if they had bad work done.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Can I ask what they were like?

I have had medically moderate-severe acne and have followed sali's recs and kept a list for when my income allows me to address the leftover pigementation and scars.
I went when I had active acne and it didn’t help/ made it worse. All the oils they used and the extractions was just not good. If your prone to acne (which assume you are with roaccutane I would stay well clear. I’ve always heard lasers do better and on my wish list would be the Debbie Thomas clinic but for now I’m tackling it slowly with Azaleic acid and Tretinoin.

Reactions: 2
I've taken my meds, and I'm a stubborn petty witch, 5 more minutes!

Made it through the entire thing. I'm going to walk my dog now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
If you are into masochism, go to YouTube and type Houngout hosted by Sali Hughes - Should we age gracefully or go down fighting?
I got as far as Sali saying, “It’s all about the dilute, isn’t it? ...kind of very small quantities of heavy dilution.”

*eye roll*

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just thought "Ooh, I like Michael Sheen. I'll take a look at his Twitter account, see if he's worth following."

First thing on there - an RT of an event featuring Caitlin IMM Moran and Our Sal. Sorry Michael, giving your account a swerve.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If you are into masochism, go to YouTube and type Houngout hosted by Sali Hughes - Should we age gracefully or go down fighting?
There's a comment about the vid being of "women in their forties". Have they SEEN India?*

*Mods - do delete this if it's felt to be too bitchy. For the record, I am 57 and look every day of it, and then some.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks for the thread! Fab title!

Just popped round the IK thread and am HOWLING at the comments on her Times article. Wee Eric is going to be busy tonight indeed :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Half-way SH introduces the word "diluted" in regards to Botox. Is this the dawn of her famous expression caught on video for posterity?
There is no way, on this Earth, that her botox is diluted. Firstly you can't dilute botox and secondly, she is frozen.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thanks for the thread! Fab title!

Just popped round the IK thread and am HOWLING at the comments on her Times article. Wee Eric is going to be busy tonight indeed :ROFLMAO:
I'm wondering if someone with an evil sense of humour at the ST commissioned her to write it?

Also - thanks to whoever sorted the title for me!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A fair comment in response to IK’s tweet about today’s column. No response, of course

View attachment 46839
Brilliant. And you know what will be so galling is how well written and articulate it is. They can't tell themselves that only thick skidmarks object to their grubby ways.

Btw wtf were St Pimple's 'lawyers' thinking? Let's pretend she actually rang them up saying 'I'm being bullied. I'm going to make a video exposing it all'. Would they not say 'this is a can of worms. You really need to think very very carefully about your own online history before you do that. Have you ever bullied anyone online?'

St P. 'No'.

Lawyer. 'Think carefully. No women journalists, presenters and authors? No wives of Hollywood and Emmy winning stars? Even if it was years and years ago? You've never staged a Twitter campaign to get a woman the sack so you could have her job? Never wanted to punch women in the face? No? Phew. Great. Go ahead then'.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Just caught up and realised after reading everyone's spendy shames on the last thread how SH was really the gateway beauty dealer that led to the whole beauty spending problem I had a few years ago which culminated in going to the US for the first time and spending £800 over the week I was there purely on makeup (Sephora and Ulta can duck off). Now, mostly that was because of youtube influencers by that point (2015) but it all started with the idea that the sexy empowered woman I was desperate to be in 2012 wore a red lip and did it in her sexy black chanel travel mirror, that Chanel Pirate, the stupid mirror I broke weeks later when it fell out of my handbag. Not to mention the credit card debt the whole stupid lifestyle left me saddled with (just a few months more until it's all paid off!)

Also this week I was idly looking on depop for Acne Pistols even though I can't wear heels, let alone wear them every day. This tit runs DEEP.

I'm so sick of the stupid beauty and makeup industry idea that face paint has more innovation than the bloody tech industry. That there's always a new bloody serum or moisturiser or newly discovered universally flattering shade of [insert current trendy colour here] that we just HAVE to buy, that these influencers somehow find time to change their skincare and makeup every bloody month, but still repurchase things of course, the old favourites they've loved for YEARS even if it only came out. It's all such bollocks driven by industry press releases and deadlines. I feel such an idiot to have fallen for it.

Hyper Consumerist Performative Makeup Culture isn't going to "solve" the problems of my life, all it did was make me want to buy all the things and hope they'd make me feel better. Years later though I'm still the same skidmark with saggy eyelids that'll never be big enough for drag queen elaborate eyeshadow looks, thin hair that will never look like it has extensions in it, and skin that's actually fine, thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Just caught up and realised after reading everyone's spendy shames on the last thread how SH was really the gateway beauty dealer that led to the whole beauty spending problem I had a few years ago which culminated in going to the US for the first time and spending £800 over the week I was there purely on makeup (Sephora and Ulta can duck off). Now, mostly that was because of youtube influencers by that point (2015) but it all started with the idea that the sexy empowered woman I was desperate to be in 2012 wore a red lip and did it in her sexy black chanel travel mirror, that Chanel Pirate, the stupid mirror I broke weeks later when it fell out of my handbag. Not to mention the credit card debt the whole stupid lifestyle left me saddled with (just a few months more until it's all paid off!)

Also this week I was idly looking on depop for Acne Pistols even though I can't wear heels, let alone wear them every day. This tit runs DEEP.

I'm so sick of the stupid beauty and makeup industry idea that face paint has more innovation than the bloody tech industry. That there's always a new bloody serum or moisturiser or newly discovered universally flattering shade of [insert current trendy colour here] that we just HAVE to buy, that these influencers somehow find time to change their skincare and makeup every bloody month, but still repurchase things of course, the old favourites they've loved for YEARS even if it only came out. It's all such bollocks driven by industry press releases and deadlines. I feel such an idiot to have fallen for it.

Hyper Consumerist Performative Makeup Culture isn't going to "solve" the problems of my life, all it did was make me want to buy all the things and hope they'd make me feel better. Years later though I'm still the same skidmark with saggy eyelids that'll never be big enough for drag queen elaborate eyeshadow looks, thin hair that will never look like it has extensions in it, and skin that's actually fine, thanks.
Brilliant. You have articulated so well what is rotten in the house of SH and influencers generally. Actually made me quite sad. We have all been there. All tried to have that sassy girl around town look at vast expense - because that was so normalised. We all bought into the myth that spending money on unsuitable things is empowering. And the next thing. Then the next must have thing. In the light of this debacle I've been reading my copy of Pretty Honest (lent not purchased) and it has not aged well in a few years. Ironic eh? It's just about chucking money at beauty tit as a form of empowerment. I wear makeup and know I probably look better in it but do you know what I actually just don't care that much any more. A Chanel red lippy to be pulled out of my clutch in a restaurant will never ever make me feel better than the knowledge I am the age I am. I may look it. I may not. I am healthy and happy. I'm cross with people like SH for insinuating this wasn't good enough.
Thanks again for that brilliant post which unleashed that rant!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

There’s many of us here just like you.

Reactions: 9
It's fascinating. I've often wondered what more is there to *say* about makeup and beauty once you figure out roughly what works for you. I know we evolve as we get older and we have our different life stages that affect how we look, but really, it shouldn't be something to constantly obsess about. These influencers' livelihood depends on feeding our insecurities so it's parasitical at the end of the day.

And I don't mean that in a judgmental way, I too believed a load of guff about very ordinary products thanks to SH & co.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can definitely identify with the "bought all the crap the charlatan recommend" theme. I fully take responsibility for my own actions but I ended up £20,000 in debt because it was always about the new or the next for validation.
I do still adore beauty and skincare and am really passionate about it but now I have a drastically reduced budget (because 75% of my pay goes to paying off debts) I tend to be much more picky about what I spend my money on. Yes, I will Google for hours, watch YouTube demos, but mostly I trust my own instincts on if something is right for me.

I'll jump in and admit to an expensive Hughes recommended product that was a massive waste of money for me. Parlux hairdryer. Firstly, I air dry my hair 98.7% of the time and secondly I'd need to put in some serious gym time to be able to use it on myself as it is so phenomenally heavy.
The only use it gets it to blow dry the dog if he gets wet on his walk. Over a hundred quid for something only the dog uses.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.