Sali Hughes #53 Everything is Washable, but apparently nothing is ironable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t be arsed to review things I’ve actually bought and hated. I absolutely am not going to waste my time faking a bad review.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Imagine her sitting down and writing that review!! Having to cross out cosseting and replace it with comforting must have been a wrench. Proper black widow covert ops behaviour well done luv.
I thought the exact same! I totally expected cossetting in that spot.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I honestly can’t work out if she thinks we’re that thick or she actually IS that thick. Either way the mind boggles.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I can understand it must be a kick in the teeth to see only three one star reviews and I honestly, hand on heart, get no satisfaction that she would have been upset by it. We're all human and it must have been a crushing disappointment. But she really needs to get it out of her head that anything critical is a result of Tattle 'trolls' trying to ruin her life. Even authors who have sold millions of books will have critical and negative reviews. I doubt there is one single book in history that is loved by everyone ever

FWIW, from the extracts I've read I don't think it seems *that* bad, the tone is very 90s women's magazines so she should just accept that and realise it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea

And I've no idea how this world class takedown effort of 3 reviewers was orchestrated, there has been no mention on any of the threads and PMs don't even work for the vast majority of posters. The way she's going on you'd swear it was the storming of the Capitol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I don't think she cares whether the 5 star glowing reviews look authentic or not, she just knows that it's all about 'optics' and that most people will scroll past if they see the bad optics of mostly 1 star reviews

Reactions: 10
I can understand it must be a kick in the teeth to see only three one star reviews and I honestly, hand on heart, get no satisfaction that she would have been upset by it. We're all human and it must have been a crushing disappointment. But she really needs to get it out of her head that anything critical is a result of Tattle 'trolls' trying to ruin her life. Even authors who have sold millions of books will have critical and negative reviews. I doubt there is one single book in history that is loved by everyone ever

FWIW, from the extracts I've read I don't think it seems *that* bad, the tone is very 90s women's magazines so she should just accept that and realise it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea

And I've no idea how this world class takedown effort of 3 reviewers was orchestrated, there has been no mention on any of the threads and PMs don't even work for the vast majority of posters. The way she's going on you'd swear it was the storming of the Capitol
I remember ages ago - when her book idea was first announced - I wrote something along the lines of 'can't wait for the Amazon reviews'. But literally that was about the extent of it.
So maybe I am Spartacus 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’ve realised that there must come a point for some social media influencers (Lily Pebbles is another example), no matter how poor they are at their ‘job’, they still get paid very well for very low-effort ‘work.’

When that work includes a book that is assessed by other that the social media world, and it’s found to be poor, the influencers cannot cope with this brush with the real world and have a little metal down.

I really think they have been so cosseted and have become so complacent, that they come to the conclusion that their work CANNOT be as bad as these ‘trolls’ say. After all, it funds their affluent lifestyles. And they are surrounded by people who tell them it’s good. When it’s not.

I’ve said many times, I think Sali’s writing is appalling and I always have to reread it to make sense of what she says. And as @Nonah said, I barely review stuff I actually buy, let alone a book I have no interest in buying.

She doesn’t need us to make her look bad, she does it all by herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I've also noticed an overlap between many of the reviews I suspect as being from friends and the one which post photos. Could this be because they got a free book from someone, so didn't buy it on Amazon, so have to post a photo to prove it's validity so it doesn't get removed?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Not to end this thread on an extra sour note, but reading that FB post from her she comes across like Donald Trump. The parentheses are a favourite usage by him. She's so deeply up herself and so injured by the normalcy of criticism, she can't see the reality of a situation. She exaggerates and even fabricates. Sending out a directive to write a bunch of 5 star reviews for her and not thinking or caring what that will look like to the general public is crazy. Becoming an influencer has brought out the worst in her.

Reactions: 25
I also really resent Tattlers being referred to as 'stalkers'
If she had received hate mail and had people turning up at her house, that would obviously be stalking and a matter for the police, but that's not happening here, is it?

You can't beg people to look at all your monetised stuff on multiple online platforms and then cry "stalker!" when they say that they don't like what you're putting out there.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.