Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Annonce: someone else has died. I am so glad Sali does these tributes. How else would I possibly know someone is dead?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I think she just wants us to know that she knows who Betty Davis is. There's no insight or anything special she can say about how her work affected her, just that she was SO fabulous. I don't believe she could name one of her songs without googling.

It's a really sad story that she just gave up music because she was considered 'too much' and not commercially successful.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
As ridiculous as it sounds, I think she was aiming for a role as some kind of minor public intellectual/cultural commentator. Media appearances, political commentary, charity founder, interviewer, host, reviewer of books and films, author of book(s) outside her immediate topic of beauty. It didn’t work out, but money started coming in from bog-standard influencing, which she grabbed with both hands.

ETA: I forgot ‘journalist’ 🤷🏻‍♀️

It was a preposterous ambition, but she seems to like the idea of herself as something of a polymath 😂
Mariella Frostrupp (sp?) with a neutral lip and a backstory.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have Linenbundle sheets and I love them. (Paid for them, not an ad, not affiliate. See thread.)
I also have Linenbundle sheets (had them for YEARS. Not an ad, paid for by me. CHANEL PANTOIS SOMETHING OR OTHER). I haven’t actually used them yet but they felt soft right out the packet and still felt nice once washed. I bought some new sheets from a few different places recently and they feel far superior to some other brands. As I haven’t used them yet, I will soft recommend.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I love the look- but not on anyone under 5’3
I like the look. I got a grey wool single breasted coat in a charity shop for £8, great condition, very long even on me and I'm 5' 9". I'm a size 10-12 in most ranges and this coat is an 18, so it sort of has that oversized look. I really like it and I think it looks OK on Sali in the picture, but think she'd look better in something more fitted.

Reactions: 2
I tuned in for about 30 seconds, heard her describe a foundation as 'banging' and left.
I got to the buying 10 bottles of Soap and Glory at a time followed by the owning 6 Bobbi Brown foundation brushes ('one in every bag') and 7 eyeshadow brushes.

I've not seen Nadine Baggott live before. She is, erm, quite excitable isn't she?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I got to the buying 10 bottles of Soap and Glory at a time followed by the owning 6 Bobbi Brown foundation brushes ('one in every bag') and 7 eyeshadow brushes.

I've not seen Nadine Baggott live before. She is, erm, quite excitable isn't she?
there was stiff competition between them on fake praise, bragging and over inflated opinions of themselves. You can just imagine what they say behind each others backs.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What an utter prick she is…

C03FF397-35B5-4731-8F18-DBB0A8281C6E.jpeg

What possible reason to post, unless she wants a few ‘Noooo!! You’re so tiny!!’ messages? Who would even consider white jeans in February anyway? She’s so contrived and needy.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 57

View attachment 1052713

What possible reason to post, unless she wants a few ‘Noooo!! You’re so tiny!!’ messages? Who would even consider white jeans in February anyway? She’s so contrived and needy.
Shes such an idiot she knows full well she's thin and those jeans don't make her look twice the size.What is this constant obsession with her telling the whole world she's an XS?we get it, you're TINY, ffs I've got lots of friends that are small and slim like she is and I've never ever heard them go on and on and bleeping on about it let alone mention it on every bloody picture they post.
Tedious tiny twit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
a line in the book I am reading just now about a self-obsessed character could have been written with her in mind ‘She doesn’t exist unless she has an audience.’

her neediness has completely taken over her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ok I've been debating whether to say this but I'm going to. For ages she constantly shoehorns in that she's a teeny weeny XS size 8. Well I'm going to come out and say that for a while she has been wearing clothes that are a a size too small for her (apart from the deliberately oversized stuff) and she should be going for the S or size ten. I'm not for a minute saying that a size ten isn't slim, of course it is. Also Sali, you are utterly tedious and fishing for compliments. You're 47, grow up and stop acting like a teen

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Most excellent posting folks, you lot are on fire at the moment. If we were allowed swearing in titles “Tedious tiny twit” would be my vote for next thread title, @Cleopops.

White jeans are a sin whatever the size or season. Vile things.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Her forehead is just naturally shiny, drum-tight and entirely static
It’s a hereditary paralysed forehead, her Dad mysteriously has one too

Most excellent posting folks, you lot are on fire at the moment. If we were allowed swearing in titles “Tedious tiny twit” would be my vote for next thread title, @Cleopops.

White jeans are a sin whatever the size or season. Vile things.
Exactly. I think even Liz Hurley has stopped wearing them!

View attachment 1052713

I noticed she’s not doing The Pose cos her massive jumper covers the top of her thighs 🙄

• Haha
FFS this is a whole new level of desperate. Does her husband not tell her often enough she's absolutely tiny and amazingly slim despite eating ALL THE CARBS and never working out? What a champion for diversity, eh.
And stop the bleeping pigeon toed stance, you're not 5.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
How is that not fat-shaming. She’s saying that any leg thicker than what… a matchstick? a size 6? should not be seen in public. With a grimace face to emphasise the horror 😬

So at odds with her attempts to be seen as inclusive and feminist.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
a line in the book I am reading just now about a self-obsessed character could have been written with her in mind ‘She doesn’t exist unless she has an audience.’

her neediness has completely taken over her life.
Oh, I so want to know which book that is..

Ok I've been debating whether to say this but I'm going to. For ages she constantly shoehorns in that she's a teeny weeny XS size 8. Well I'm going to come out and say that for a while she has been wearing clothes that are a a size too small for her (apart from the deliberately oversized stuff) and she should be going for the S or size ten. I'm not for a minute saying that a size ten isn't slim, of course it is. Also Sali, you are utterly tedious and fishing for compliments. You're 47, grow up and stop acting like a teen
I know you can't tell from a photo, and I know she's not tall, but I've never thought she looked particularly 'thin'. She's slim, but she's got some curve in the hips and a chest. She looks small end of a medium, and if I was asked to guess her size I'd say a 10. My sister is 5'4" and a size 8 and she really does look tiny.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.