Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do influencers turn their head to one side and then the other and then smile? It’s weird, only on social media 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Why do influencers turn their head to one side and then the other and then smile? It’s weird, only on social media 🤷‍♀️
It's really annoying. Is it meant to be cute? Endearing? Not long now before Sali starts doing that thing where influencers point to words in the air, with a self-satisfied smirk on their faces. Loads of derms have started doing it. I just unfollow them as soon as they start

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I also think ahead. Tweakments will make a face age much differently than it would've done without them. And the result is often not exactly better. It may be a temporary improvement but down the line I prefer the symmetry of natural aging compared to Sali's tambourine forehead with wrinkly eyes or the aftermath of early facelifts.
I had my 11s and side eye crinkles, I don’t know if the difference is physiology or Botox placement but my forehead was fine. I’d didn’t move much but it wasn’t tambourine and shine.

Reactions: 4
I had my 11s and side eye crinkles, I don’t know if the difference is physiology or Botox placement but my forehead was fine. I’d didn’t move much but it wasn’t tambourine and shine.
Maybe you need to do it loads, and frequently, before it turns into a tambourine?

• Heart
Why does she always sound so condescending?

‘I’m here to talk about glow products. What do I mean by that?’

Because you beefy plebs won’t understand these technical terms I have to explain them in detail. I can’t pin point it but the way she phrases it just grates on me. Give me Qvc ally young any time. She knows so much more and doesn’t talk down to anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
47 here and not had anything done. I started using a Vitamin C serum twice daily followed by SPF moisturizer when I turned 44 and that was transformative.
Would love to know which SPF moisturizer you use? I use a Dermalogica one, which is the least chalky I’ve found so far! (Love Vitamin C serum, 35 year old over here).

I’m 54 and I’m alright with how my face is. Possibly worried about sagging soon but hey ho 🤷‍♀️ Best thing I did was have my varicose vein in my leg done. I have very thin legs and so they stuck out awfully. Surprised at how accessible it was to sort it - financially and promptly. Best thing I did. Totally liberating clothes wise. 🦵👍

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why does she always sound so condescending?

‘I’m here to talk about glow products. What do I mean by that?’

Because you beefy plebs won’t understand these technical terms I have to explain them in detail. I can’t pin point it but the way she phrases it just grates on me. Give me Qvc ally young any time. She knows so much more and doesn’t talk down to anyone.
I stopped listening about the products because I noticed how many times she used the phrase “really really nice” to describe a product - it completely detracted from whatever else she was saying. I lost count of how many times she used it, or that she “really really liked” something, or even just slipped in “really really”.

For someone who brands herself as a journalist and obviously considers herself somewhat of a wordsmith, her vocabulary is really really limited.

Reactions: 10
I don't often think that strong make-up looks good on an older face but I think it does here.

1644190987287.png

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Do any of you use Botox for non anti-ageing purposes?

I think most people in my life - including my family - would be amazed to discover that I started regularly having Botox about 20 years ago. It wanted to stop a default resting scowl face that made me look miserable all the time. Colleagues kept asking what was wrong and avoiding me while I was reading etc because I looked upset and unapproachable. It became tedious, so I thought I'd have a go at paralysing the reason for it and have never looked back. Everyone just thinks I'm happier now.

My forehead is line free. The rest of my beef face is the age it should be! 😂
Yes! I just recently had my second dose of massester botox for TMJ/grinding. It has been really beneficial. I'm 29, and not at all adverse to getting it for other reasons down the line. I think it can be done well and make such a positive difference, like it has for you!

There's a certain look I see in some women younger than me who have started on fillers and botox young (and got quite a lot) which I find concerning. I wonder how everyone will age down the line you know?

Reactions: 8
Yes! I just recently had my second dose of massester botox for TMJ/grinding. It has been really beneficial. I'm 29, and not at all adverse to getting it for other reasons down the line. I think it can be done well and make such a positive difference, like it has for you!

There's a certain look I see in some women younger than me who have started on fillers and botox young (and got quite a lot) which I find concerning. I wonder how everyone will age down the line you know?
You bebe 🐣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Would love to know which SPF moisturizer you use? I use a Dermalogica one, which is the least chalky I’ve found so far! (Love Vitamin C serum, 35 year old over here).
I am currently using the Green People one for sensitive skin as it was on offer, it's SPF 15 so fine for winter. Quite light and unscented which I like. Not chalky at all.
Big fan of the Green People but I don't think Sali has ever mentioned them...not a 'cool girl' brand perhaps. Their eye creams crèmes may be spendy but are very pleasing to my slightly crepey eye lids.

In the summer I choose a cream crème with higher SPF 30 (I like Kiehl, Eucerin, Face Theory) or just an SPF (good old Ambre Solaire, since I burnt twice after using La Roche Posay Anthelios!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree, think she looks fab. Makeup is lovely, it really suits her.

As for the guardian piece today, it’s torture. I can’t read it, so confusing.
Yes, she does look nice. I still think cooler toned makeup would work better on her but what do I know? I just don't like warm tones :) I think the hair (has it got a little shorter after the original bob trim?) is a good length for her now too.

Love your username @Crem' :m

Re: botox
44 and none - would't know who to ask for it anyway. I'm a very basic beef-face. I guess if done properly it can look really natural but I'm too scared of the tambourine skin.

I started wearing SPF every day in my late 30s and I think it's been really beneficial, too.

Reactions: 9
She is cool as duck.
But...the milk...pouring into an empty cup before tea or coffee? Looks like sugar's gone in already? WTF? 🤯
I pour milk in first too. If the tea is brewed in a pot and poured over the milk, it blends quickly and you don't need to use a spoon. If you add milk afterwards you need to stir it to check you have the right shade.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I pour milk in first too. If the tea is brewed in a pot and poured over the milk, it blends quickly and you don't need to use a spoon. If you add milk afterwards you need to stir it to check you have the right shade.
Mind blown.

• Haha
I've been getting Botox regularly - every five months - for almost 20 years. I started when I was 50 and it was love at first jab. I loved the way it knocked out the lines between my eyebrows that made me look cross. I'd had a lifetime of using face creams that promised to do something and never did and here was something that really did make a difference.

At nearly 70, I'm very happy with the way I look and Botox is definitely part of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I guess the reason that influencers all get that generic look is because they have access to free or reduced treatments so are probably going more often than people who are paying full price

And I guess lip fillers are to blame too- getting botox to remove creases is one thing but plumping up your lips to make them into a shape they never were? Doesn't make sense

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.