Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she doesn't rate the crem much at all, therefore it was easier to just read out out the blurb as a voice over? If she was talking she would have to elaborate and say why she liked it.
Possibly.
Where I live the 'crem' is the crematorium up the road. I can't hear the word without thinking of that.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I am always amused at the amount of times Sali forgets something when she goes anywhere and has to pop into a shop to replace it. Twice in this video. Despite all her vast stash and multiple travel pouches it seems a common occurance for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I am always amused at the amount of times Sali forgets something when she goes anywhere and has to pop into a shop to replace it. Twice in this video. Despite all her vast stash and multiple travel pouches it seems a common occurance for her.
I think that’s what is called a plot device. 🧐😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I remember her saying she ‘nips off to the loos’ and goes over it herself when an MUA does her face. I noticed Alex hadn’t posted it on his own page 🤔 It definitely doesn’t look like his usual work, he’s an amazing artist and I’m a huge fan

Edit: my phone decided I actually wanted to say ‘nips off to the lips’, I’m having a stern word with it…
That sounds SO like her!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sali is really going for the generic 'I've had work done to my face' plump lip look which Sam Chapman also sports. In fact, as someone else said, Sali is slowly morphing into Sam.

The Body Shop butter is sooooo good Sal just forgot about it for years and recently re-discovered it. No, really. I sense a l'Oréal partnership in the pipeline.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I buy products just like everyone else does! I'm just like you really!
But at the same time there’s this weird need to explain why an industry insider like herself who gets sent every product under the sun or can just call it in 🤢 at a whim needs to stoop to actually buying something. She here is a complex character.

I buy products just like everyone else does! I'm just like you really!
But at the same time there’s this weird need to explain why an industry insider like herself who gets sent every product under the sun or can just call it in 🤢 at a whim needs to stoop to actually buying something. She here is a complex character.

Don’t know why this shows up twice. Sorry about that. Expert Content Creator at work. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 20
New empties video up. She claims the body shop butters are great as 'a bath creme' especially the avocado one. Didn't someone here try that and they ended up with green globs floating on the surface!
That was me. I had a sachet of the avocado one so followed Sali's advice to try it in the bath. Don't! There were greasy green globules floating in the bath. It didn't dissolve. It was a waste of perfectly good bath water!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I remember her saying she ‘nips off to the loos’ and goes over it herself when an MUA does her face. I noticed Alex hadn’t posted it on his own page 🤔 It definitely doesn’t look like his usual work, he’s an amazing artist and I’m a huge fan

Edit: my phone decided I actually wanted to say ‘nips off to the lips’, I’m having a stern word with it…
The make-up looks so much better in the empties video lighting than in her pics yesterday. I didn't know the MUA before but I'd looked up his portfolio and some great work.

Reactions: 9
Sali is really going for the generic 'I've had work done to my face' plump lip look which Sam Chapman also sports. In fact, as someone else said, Sali is slowly morphing into Sam.
Agreed. The overly filled lips look terrible, I'm sorry.

Reactions: 7
Agreed. The overly filled lips look terrible, I'm sorry.
They do look plumped up. I thought it was the lipstick at first but they are too different for it to be just that.

Agree @Aude, I liked the eye makeup he gave her. It is that trick of applying most of it, shadow, liner and mascara, to the outer edges. I have tried this on myself in the past but it just doesn't seem to work.

Reactions: 9
The Body Shop butter is sooooo good Sal just forgot about it for years and recently re-discovered it. No, really. I sense a l'Oréal partnership in the pipeline.
Although to be fair, L'Oréal no longer own The Body Shop (meaning its back to being cruelty free)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I am just really embarrassed for her. Why hasn't a friend pulled her aside and had a word about the selfies? The ones we actually see are in all likelihood just the tip of the iceberg

It's hi as in the greeting. Emphasis on second syllable

Unless it's pronounced differently in the UK, like vitamin is, or yoghurt
Ah ok, I'll stick to the British way 😂

Reactions: 2
The MUA’s work highlights how basic and repetitive her own makeup application is. So little variety or fun had for someone who loves a selfie so very much.

I think her skills must be limited to a bit of smudged brown eyeliner or an 80s pop video look.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The MUA’s work highlights how basic and repetitive her own makeup application is. So little variety or fun had for someone who loves a selfie so very much.
FUN: a word I would not associate with Sali, ever. In the days of GTL, I thought Sali came across as witty, which, to me, was part of her charm. When did she become so utterly humourless? She does take herself very seriously, doesn't she? Perhaps it is down to the pressure she feels in having to build and maintain her Social Media persona, the relentless pursuit of $ which is at odds with her 'honesty'. Her interactions with her followers are no longer free, instead they come with a responsability to advertise brands she does business this. Everything is calculated. It is a job in itself.

Although to be fair, L'Oréal no longer own The Body Shop (meaning its back to being cruelty free)
I hadnt realised

I think her skills must be limited to a bit of smudged brown eyeliner or an 80s pop video look.
Word.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
That was me. I had a sachet of the avocado one so followed Sali's advice to try it in the bath. Don't! There were greasy green globules floating in the bath. It didn't dissolve. It was a waste of perfectly good bath water!
yeah but it's terrific as a bath CREME so you're obvs doing it wrong

creme.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She is so irritating it's unreal 🤣

Also even if the body butter/ lotion as a bath product worked I wouldnt be inclined to use it. Lotions and butters are generally more expensive for a reason!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.