Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she so blunt in her comment responses? Someone asks if the ~crem~ contains retinol and she literally just replies ‘No.’ Like… you’re being paid to provide customer service for a brand here?! Do your job.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Why is she so blunt in her comment responses? Someone asks if the ~crem~ contains retinol and she literally just replies ‘No.’ Like… you’re being paid to provide customer service for a brand here?! Do your job.
Like Caroline Hirons. So much disdain for the followers they're shilling to.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
She's a joy isn't she? A real pleasure to interact with. I can imagine what it's like to wait on her in a restaurant.....

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
WTF ist that even supposed to mean?
youth power activity?
Some top-shelf pseudoscientific bullshit right there.

I wonder if she doesn't rate the crem much at all, therefore it was easier to just read out out the blurb as a voice over? If she was talking she would have to elaborate and say why she liked it.
Possibly.
I think it's a distancing technique too, to separate it from her usual product raves. She wants it known she's reading from a script

As for pretending she hates having her photo taken? twit

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm just amazed EL signed off on that. Would they not get a final say in the ad an influencer puts out especially when it's costing them a hefty sum?

Reactions: 15
They’ve seen her previous ad work so they knew what they were letting themselves in for.

The voiceover is very odd though. I can understand it if talks over a film of that person say frolicking in the bath or showing a different person rubbing the crem in, but accompanying a film of the same person smiling and wobbling their head from side to side? Weird. Can’t stop watching it though so i guess in a way it’s effective 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
They’ve seen her previous ad work so they knew what they were letting themselves in for.

The voiceover is very odd though. I can understand it if talks over a film of that person say frolicking in the bath or showing a different person rubbing the crem in, but accompanying a film of the same person smiling and wobbling their head from side to side? Weird. Can’t stop watching it though so i guess in a way it’s effective 😂
Right?! But it's more out of morbid fascination than a desire to get the product. I remain steadfastly uninfluenced

(Whereas all it takes is an endorsement or two on here, and I'm all over a product :love:)

We have all seriously boosted her views on that post though 🤦‍♀️

Patsy didn't ❤❤❤ or 🙌 the new post. Time for a welfare check?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm just amazed EL signed off on that. Would they not get a final say in the ad an influencer puts out especially when it's costing them a hefty sum?
You've not seen the n that were rejected. In the end some poor soul just went "OK, that'll have to do,, I suppose".

• Haha
Reactions: 15
You've not seen the n that were rejected. In the end some poor soul just went "OK, that'll have to do,, I suppose".
I think the self-contempt comes through in that ad; it's palpable. (I'm not talking about appearance. She is definitely eye-bleeping herself)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've got a new fave bit. When she shuts her eyes and rubs the crem into her fully made up but mascara free face. Acting as if she having a little moment to fully appreciate the cactus stem cell extract or whatever the made up ingredient is.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I've got a new fave bit. When she shuts her eyes and rubs the crem into her fully made up but mascara free face. Acting as if she having a little moment to fully appreciate the cactus stem cell extract or whatever the made up ingredient is.
Or the mispronounced hibiscus

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought it was just propped on the window seat. Probably the first time it's been used

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Don't get me started on the ingredients...cactus stem cell (I bet this is useful if you're an actual cactus)....morning hibiscus ...EL don't even put the full inci list on their site but I looked it up: the second ingredient is a silicone.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.