Sali Hughes #44 Unfathomably obsessed with the semantics of my hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I've said it before but I wasn't kindly gifted any leggings so let's tag them again"

• Haha
Reactions: 28
OT I had to go and by some socks in a department store today and as usual went for a little stroll through the beauty department. With no intention of buying anything, seriously.
And then I bought a Shiseido Visionary Gel lipstick on a whim although I’m not a lipstick wearer and spend my days behind a face mask mostly.
Now I feel utterly stupid because I suspect that in some weird subconscious way I’ve been long-Term influenced by Sali and her theories on lipstick and why we buy it and how it is a symbol of almost everything. 🙈🙈 Maybe I bought it because I’m desperate to free the lower half of my face in public?
The lipstick is great though, it was recommended by someone on here. Was it @Sheeeet or @NotDumbNotBlonde?

Reactions: 9
OT I had to go and by some socks in a department store today and as usual went for a little stroll through the beauty department. With no intention of buying anything, seriously.
And then I bought a Shiseido Visionary Gel lipstick on a whim although I’m not a lipstick wearer and spend my days behind a face mask mostly.
Now I feel utterly stupid because I suspect that in some weird subconscious way I’ve been long-Term influenced by Sali and her theories on lipstick and why we buy it and how it is a symbol of almost everything. 🙈🙈 Maybe I bought it because I’m desperate to free the lower half of my face in public?
The lipstick is great though, it was recommended by someone on here. Was it @Sheeeet or @NotDumbNotBlonde?
Not me - the lipsticks I've been on about were the LE ones - it sounds interesting though! Are they comfortable?

Reactions: 4
Not me - the lipsticks I've been on about were the LE ones - it sounds interesting though! Are they comfortable?
They’re extremely soft, not draggy and comfortable. But they last well and are pigmented. You know how some soft lipsticks just greasily slip away? This doesn’t. The finish is matte but slightly satiny. This might be my entry into serious lipstick wearing.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love everything about this comment, and would like to suggest "a sad little thing" as thread title :love:😆

I've used it for a few years and still get flaking/peeling in the perioral area if I go too hard. I just back off until it stops

I'm sorry, but what in god's name is this outfit? Loafers with workout leggings? 😆 The blacks don't even match. Is this a midlife crisis?

View attachment 1025725
What are those shimmers on the right thigh area?? Seriously? Who puts that outfit on and thinks they look so good and time for a selfie. The Ugg’s would have worked better or birks but THOSE shoes? I bleeping loathe them.

Reactions: 13
The column this morning - I found myself reading quite a few sentences over around three times. It’s not a flowing read. Weightlifting and sushi - don’t get it.

Reactions: 11
What's in your formula, Aude? I'm interested in how your companies compare to the ones here. Mine is tret 0.07%, azelaic acid 5% and niacinamide 4%
Mine is Tretinoin 0.1%, Niacinamide 4%, Azelaic Acid 4%. I've been using Tretinoin for years, so asked for 0.1%. I didn't ask for the other ingredients, and I don't know what they are doing, but my skin seems fine with it.

Reactions: 2
Mine is Tretinoin 0.1%, Niacinamide 4%, Azelaic Acid 4%. I've been using Tretinoin for years, so asked for 0.1%. I didn't ask for the other ingredients, and I don't know what they are doing, but my skin seems fine with it.
Same, I really get on with the formula and like the texture too. I tried the company's new sister brand, which is geared more towards anti-ageing vs acne, but it pilled like crazy so I switched back to Curology

Reactions: 1
Patsy seems to have commented
on every one of She Here's recent posts now including one saying "I think you're amazing"

Patsy, just don't ask about the hair. Don't want to see you get burnt. You've been through enough in life!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
@crossword it was meeeee! Many moons ago. They are lovely to wear eh?! What shade did you go for?
Oh I’m so sorry @Grizzlybear! Thanks for recommending, the wear and the texture is lovely. I got Streaming Mauve, it’s so right for me. I always used to find it difficult to pick a shade that doesn’t highlight my dark underwhelmed circles. This one just fits right into my colouring.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh I’m so sorry @Grizzlybear! Thanks for recommending, the wear and the texture is lovely. I got Streaming Mauve, it’s so right for me. I always used to find it difficult to pick a shade that doesn’t highlight my dark underwhelmed circles. This one just fits right into my colouring.
No worries! It was literally years ago I think 😂 oh I’m so happy you like it. I’ve been eyeing up that shade, they’re just so bloody comfy. Even when I have a crap lip day - you know when everything is cakey - they feel and look great

Reactions: 1
No worries! It was literally years ago I think 😂 oh I’m so happy you like it. I’ve been eyeing up that shade, they’re just so bloody comfy. Even when I have a crap lip day - you know when everything is cakey - they feel and look great
😂😂 it was some time ago, maybe a year and a half? I just noticed I wrote underwhelming circles, which is not true in any way: they’re undereye and absolutely overwhelming. I love the shade because it’s just dramatic enough without being too attention seeking. Like I said, I’m no lipstick wearer but always wanted to be. This might be the start of something new for me.
I’ve actually started eyeing up Ginza Red.

ETA Application is super easy and precise with the thin bullet.

Reactions: 4
😂😂 it was some time ago, maybe a year and a half? I just noticed I wrote underwhelming circles, which is not true in any way: they’re undereye and absolutely overwhelming. I love the shade because it’s just dramatic enough without being too attention seeking. Like I said, I’m no lipstick wearer but always wanted to be. This might be the start of something new for me.
I’ve actually started eyeing up Ginza Red.

ETA Application is super easy and precise with the thin bullet.
I'm a non lipstick wearer too, and I've just been influenced. That colour is lush

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.