Sali Hughes #44 Unfathomably obsessed with the semantics of my hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Satisfying Click for the thread title suggestion! Sali said it about 'a small group of women'. (She means you lot šŸ˜‚).

Thread recap:

* Sali has had a haircut. Bob/lob/bob/lob let's call the whole thing off.
It was free by her dear friend Adrian. She wrote his book or something like that. That is why she gets free haircuts or something like that.
* She was in Sam McKnight's garden but didn't know why šŸ¤” Thank goodness the mystery was solved when it turned out she was there to get a free hairdo (something of a pattern appearing. He must be a good friend too) and to plug talk about his new products.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Wonder if Sali is feeling the frustration of not being able to comment on the Prince Andrew debacle, because, well, Eric.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
It still makes no sense that during getting free haircuts at Hersheretc Adrian cut her hair without knowing who she was. And heā€™s self employed so Hershetc wouldnā€™t be paying him for it, he just rents a chair basically.
Salis outfit looks nice, better than usual. Hair does not, looks stringy.

Reactions: 11
I am actually almost in awe of the brass balls on her given that response. Either that or she utterly lacks any semblance (semantics?! šŸ˜‚) of self awareness. NOBODY can be that oblivious, surely?

Sali ā€˜I pay for many things. And could charge my friends ā€œthousandsā€ for the ā€œexpertiseā€ I offer them. And do a lot for charidee. But I donā€™t like to mention itā€™ Hughes. What a prat.

ETA Iā€™ve just been looking at the book online. Do you think she knows that even though she wrote the INTRODUCTION, every single site online credits her only with the foreword?! šŸ˜†

FINALLY thatā€™s a lot of info shoehorned in about the person who ā€œwrote the introā€. Almost as much as the person who ā€œwrote the bookā€ šŸ˜œ

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Everything about Saliā€™s snippy reply was very ā€˜herā€™, but I think my favourite bit is when she mentions she made a ā€˜sizeableā€™ donation when Caroline was fundraising for beauty industry staff. It might just be me, but surely you should be supporting people who work in the beauty industry outside of pandemics too? Her donation is a nice gesture - made classier if she didnā€™t then publicise it - but paying for her treatments on an ongoing basis would do more material good, imo. Not sure if this makes sense now I read it back, I hope so?

Reactions: 27
Everything about Saliā€™s snippy reply was very ā€˜herā€™, but I think my favourite bit is when she mentions she made a ā€˜sizeableā€™ donation when Caroline was fundraising for beauty industry staff. It might just be me, but surely you should be supporting people who work in the beauty industry outside of pandemics too? Her donation is a nice gesture - made classier if she didnā€™t then publicise it - but paying for her treatments on an ongoing basis would do more material good, imo. Not sure if this makes sense now I read it back, I hope so?
Perfect sense.
I was thinking about what she and Adrian both said and the verbal gymnastics they were both going through to avoid the dread word #ad. Which is exactly what that reciprocal arrangement is. He said as much.
Plus all the mentions she gives them in her Guardian column, not just on SM.

Reactions: 17
The difference in both replies was quite stark- Adrian was polite & friendly to the commenter and praised Sali to the hilt. Sali, by contrast, was brittle, snippy and bigged herself up (while throwing her supposed great mate of 20 years under a bus). The underlying tone was very reminiscent of "I'm a good PERSON!" circa Freaky Friday

Reactions: 27
So why doesnā€™t Sali get her freebie haircuts from Luke then?
They could water the garden of their decades-long friendship whilst he pays off his debts to her. Winā€”win!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Lady Bountiful strikes again.

Also, I suspect SHE'S THERE. I recognise that snippiness.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I was in two minds about sharing this and possibly it could be interpreted as me showing off my troll boner šŸ†
SH messaged me yesterday on IG. I sloppily didn't crop a screenshot I shared here so I assume that's how she/someone identified the account as mine, by matching the avatar to my account. I won't post the screenshot of her message (I have shared it with some here and this verbatim).

Get help, (my first name). Thereā€™s something deeply the matter with you. You donā€™t respect my opinion at all and I donā€™t want you to. But please believe the psychological experts whoā€™ve read all your activity on Tattle and know your behaviour to be deeply disordered and messed up. In the meantime, please stop opening new accounts to follow me. You hate me. Thatā€™s fine. So why hang on to my every word and move in order to make yourself angry and bilious, and why sneak back over to attempt to impress others with your bile? Itā€™s so creepy and messed up. And why do you need to keep doing something that causes another human and their family genuine pain? Do you need me, a stranger, to feel how you feel inside? Again, see someone about that. Because youā€™re in a real mess.

Unfortunately, SH didn't include any info about how I can access said help, perhaps she thinks us normals can access psychologists via the NHS at the drop of a hat not realising you have to be pretty much a risk to yourself/others to even see a psychiatrist these days, at least in the area I live.

Would be interested to know if her "psychological experts" recommend contacting broken trolls directly to insult them implying they're...what? Is she saying I'm mentally ill? Well, I know that, Sali, Iā€™ve got a diagnosis and everything. But it can't be that, SH has always been very adamant that "her trolls" are *not* mentally ill. So what then, what should I be seeking help for? Is it my morals that are being impugned here? Not sure what help is available for that šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Anyway, I'm fine and don't want attention seek about it at all. Equally I do think it's highly irresponsible to send messages like that to people. As I've said many times on here I'm bipolar, I was in the midst of a pronounced bipolar manic episode 3 weeks ago. I could have been in the.depths of depression and already suicidal on receiving that message. SH often says - and it's true - that we don't know about large parts of her life or truly "know" her from what she does share. And the same is true of us - SH, her psychological experts and those reading here on her behalf don't know everything about us from our posts here.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
That is appalling, @Mselvista.

The difference between us discussing her on a site expressly not for her, and her tracking a poster down and personally messaging her views of their mental state to them is a chasm. These two things are not remotely comparable.

It must have been such an intrusion. I hope youā€™re OK?

ETA: sorry, just seen you said youā€™re fine, but as you also said, this is a deeply irresponsible and potentially risky thing for her to do.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm sorry you were on the receiving end of that @Mselvista. I am sure her supposed "psychological experts" would not be advising her to send anyone messages like that. There's so much wrong in that message I can't even start going into it now.
We are discussing here her, we're not messaging her directly to tell her her hair is tit, calling her ethics into question, ridiculing her on twitter etc - it's completely different as @Disillusioned said, her targeting you and sending you a spiteful message.
I think what I find most shocking is the effort her (or one of her minions) is putting in to go through the screenshots here and see if they can match them to accounts following her on insta - she obviously not only reads here but is literally combing through our posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I was in two minds about sharing this and possibly it could be interpreted as me showing off my troll boner šŸ†
SH messaged me yesterday on IG. I sloppily didn't crop a screenshot I shared here so I assume that's how she/someone identified the account as mine, by matching the avatar to my account. I won't post the screenshot of her message (I have shared it with some here and this verbatim).

Get help, (my first name). Thereā€™s something deeply the matter with you. You donā€™t respect my opinion at all and I donā€™t want you to. But please believe the psychological experts whoā€™ve read all your activity on Tattle and know your behaviour to be deeply disordered and messed up. In the meantime, please stop opening new accounts to follow me. You hate me. Thatā€™s fine. So why hang on to my every word and move in order to make yourself angry and bilious, and why sneak back over to attempt to impress others with your bile? Itā€™s so creepy and messed up. And why do you need to keep doing something that causes another human and their family genuine pain? Do you need me, a stranger, to feel how you feel inside? Again, see someone about that. Because youā€™re in a real mess.

Unfortunately, SH didn't include any info about how I can access said help, perhaps she thinks us normals can access psychologists via the NHS at the drop of a hat not realising you have to be pretty much a risk to yourself/others to even see a psychiatrist these days, at least in the area I live.

Would be interested to know if her "psychological experts" recommend contacting broken trolls directly to insult them implying they're...what? Is she saying I'm mentally ill? Well, I know that, Sali, Iā€™ve got a diagnosis and everything. But it can't be that, SH has always been very adamant that "her trolls" are *not* mentally ill. So what then, what should I be seeking help for? Is it my morals that are being impugned here? Not sure what help is available for that šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Anyway, I'm fine and don't want attention seek about it at all. Equally I do think it's highly irresponsible to send messages like that to people. As I've said many times on here I'm bipolar, I was in the midst of a pronounced bipolar manic episode 3 weeks ago. I could have been in the.depths of depression and already suicidal on receiving that message. SH often says - and it's true - that we don't know about large parts of her life or truly "know" her from what she does share. And the same is true of us - SH, her psychological experts and those reading here on her behalf don't know everything about us from our posts here.
Firstly, much love to you @Mselvista ā¤.
Secondly, that DM is lunacy in itself. ā€˜Psychological expertsā€™, what a load of absolute shitting nonsense. What is causing her family pain, I wonder? It canā€™t be these threads, surely? They are mostly us chatting between ourselves about stuff other than her (unless thatā€™s the problem šŸ„“). She truly has the thinnest of skins if us taking the piss out of the most pampered ā€˜do since Louis XIV is causing the whole clan such trauma.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Bloody hell. Awful.
Surely she must see doing that is just not a normal response. It is deeply irresponsible on her part.
Hounding private people to send them truly offensive messages is very different to what is said here.
Shocking.
Hope you are OK. x

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think what I find most shocking is the effort her (or one of her minions) is putting in to go through the screenshots here and see if they can match them to accounts following her on insta - she obviously not only reads here but is literally combing through our posts.
Indeed. Yet WEā€™RE the ones with the unhealthy obsession šŸ¤”

• Heart
Reactions: 28
If purposely going to a gossip site to see what is being said about you, trawling for clues to postersā€™ identities, and messaging abuse to them is not ā€œcreepy and messed upā€ then perhaps one of her media psychs can tell us how they would characterise it? She has been actively trawling tattle over a period of years now. Surely family, friends and professionals have advised to step back and ignore this site?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.