Sali Hughes #44 Unfathomably obsessed with the semantics of my hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those of you on tret, did your skin peel at first? Been using it for a few days and look worse!

Reactions: 5
If it's embellishment it's stupid embellishment because the only reason to like a picture is to alarm someone. There's no other reason that I can think of. Blocking does the same thing of letting someone know you've identified them of course but doesn't come across as as unhinged. Roping in others to leave a footprint on LinkedIn and IG is just plain odd. It all gives the impression of someone that might do other stuff in their lashing out.
She doesn't mention DMing people tell them what she thinks of them, perhaps she'd only done it to one person at that stage so didn't think it worth mentioning.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If it's embellishment it's stupid embellishment because the only reason to like a picture is to alarm someone. There's no other reason that I can think of. Blocking does the same thing of letting someone know you've identified them of course but doesn't come across as as unhinged. Roping in others to leave a footprint on LinkedIn and IG is just plain odd. It all gives the impression of someone that might do other stuff in their lashing out.
She doesn't mention DMing people tell them what she thinks of them, perhaps she'd only done it to one person at that stage so didn't think it worth mentioning.
The thing I can't get my head around is that even if it was deliberate and a 'I see you' act, I still don't understand why. She really thinks strangers owe her something. I could understand if she found out her best friend was secretly posting here or something

Reactions: 14
One thing I've learnt about SH on social media is that she seems utterly incapable of being wrong or making a mistake. Those Twitter exchanges that go on and on because she can't acknowledge she got something wrong - and/or where it turns out it was other people's fault for not having understood what she was saying. That IG video where she misdescribed a product and came up with a story about taking it down so that she could re-edit to answer the many questions.

I think the embellishment - if it was embellishment - was preferable to acknowledging that she'd messed up.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Surely even Sali could see trawling through someone's Facebook page and liking a picture of their child was at best odd and at worst downright sinister and creepy?
Someone who had confined comments to here and had not interacted with her on social media?

Reactions: 24
Surely even Sali could see trawling through someone's Facebook page and liking a picture of their child was at best odd and at worst downright sinister and creepy?
Someone who had confined comments to here and had not interacted with her on social media?
But she never seems to be challenged on it - either on whether it's true or on whether it's a reasonable thing to do.

I suppose painting us as the most evil creatures to ever walk the earth helps her to justify it - to herself, as well as others.

Reactions: 16
Plot twist - I think she did it deliberately and so did Caitlin, Lauren and when they told other people about “teaching those trolls a lesson” with photo likes, the other people couldn’t hide their horror, then Sal had to backtrack.

Reactions: 18
I think she did it deliberately too. And then had to dig in and go large on her “troll hell” so she could drown out the possibility that it wasn’t the right thing to do. She never admits she’s wrong about anything (see also: hair)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
For those of you on tret, did your skin peel at first? Been using it for a few days and look worse!
I'm a week into Skin & Me and no peeling as yet. However that said the tret amount is minuscule 0.006%. I am also a little shocked at how small the application of cream it. I don't have a particularly big face and it's barely enough for half of it.

Reactions: 2
That column really is a sad little thing now.
She fought so hard to get it and obviously has no interest in it whatsoever any more.
At the risk of a hysterical 'They want me to lose my job' tweet, maybe the time has come to hand it over to someone keener and less distracted by their own reflection other interests.
She only wants it for the Guardian beauty editor tag anyway.
I love everything about this comment, and would like to suggest "a sad little thing" as thread title :love:😆

I've used it for a few years and still get flaking/peeling in the perioral area if I go too hard. I just back off until it stops

I'm sorry, but what in god's name is this outfit? Loafers with workout leggings? 😆 The blacks don't even match. Is this a midlife crisis?

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.52.21 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I think she did it deliberately too. And then had to dig in and go large on her “troll hell” so she could drown out the possibility that it wasn’t the right thing to do. She never admits she’s wrong about anything (see also: hair)
Agree. I think that is the most likely explanation.

Reactions: 11
1) Who wears workout leggings as part of a normal outfit?

2) Who tumble-dries synthetic workout clothing anyway? They air-dry in half an hour. The planet is on fire.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm a week into Skin & Me and no peeling as yet. However that said the tret amount is minuscule 0.006%. I am also a little shocked at how small the application of cream it. I don't have a particularly big face and it's barely enough for half of it.
That's funny. My Skin+Me dose is plenty big enough for my face - I even put it under the chin - and I don't have a small face. Is yours not very spreadable?

Reactions: 4
Even with sneakers, that'd be a peculiar outfit. Wool and lycra?

That's funny. My Skin+Me dose is plenty big enough for my face - I even put it under the chin - and I don't have a small face. Is yours not very spreadable?
What's in your formula, Aude? I'm interested in how your companies compare to the ones here. Mine is tret 0.07%, azelaic acid 5% and niacinamide 4%

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I love everything about this comment, and would like to suggest "a sad little thing" as thread title :love:😆

I've used it for a few years and still get flaking/peeling in the perioral area if I go too hard. I just back off until it stops

I'm sorry, but what in god's name is this outfit? Loafers with workout leggings? 😆 The blacks don't even match. Is this a midlife crisis?

View attachment 1025725
The madness of the Guy Fawkes shoes with the Max Wall legs and the exposed ankles is twisting my melons man.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Even with sneakers, that'd be a peculiar outfit. Wool and lycra?

What's in your formula, Aude? I'm interested in how your companies compare to the ones here. Mine is tret 0.07%, azelaic acid 5% and niacinamide 4%
Mine's 0.018% tret, 4% niacinamide & 4% azeliac acid and it covers my face ok. I am going to request more % tret though.

Reactions: 3

View attachment 1025725
Hiding that wonky index finger.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.