Sali Hughes #44 Unfathomably obsessed with the semantics of my hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t bought a lot of new makeup over the past two years. Everything was recommended here and all three products are superb:
Shiseido VisionAiry Lipstick
Essence Panda eye Mascara
Huda Beauty Foundation Stick.
People on this thread are great influencers, in the best possible sense. And funny into the bargain.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is she really wearing those ugly clompers with no socks and spandex leggings?

And an itchy jumper.

And big fat plastic nails.

Mmmm, comfortable.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Side tack - saw Glossier just fired a third of their staff after just raising an extra $80million. Are they the new wework - anothet non tech company that got investment on tech style valuations?
I would have been genuinely interested in Sali’s thoughts on this as she met the ceo for an In The Bathroom With

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ve been influenced back and am now buying that colour Shisheido 😂 to be fair I did throw out all my unfeasible lipstick graveyard over the weekend. Ten year old worn once ruby woo anyone? 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve been influenced back and am now buying that colour Shisheido 😂 to be fair I did throw out all my unfeasible lipstick graveyard over the weekend. Ten year old worn once ruby woo anyone? 😭
Oh I have been there with the Ruby Woo. It’s the best ever red ever invented ever ever and suits everybody! GAVEL!

Chalky and unflattering on me.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I used to have a Chanel Rouge Noir of a similar age. It took me ages to finally throw it away. It was as good as new since it didn’t suit me at all. 🤣

What VisioAiry colours do you wear @Grizzlybear?

Reactions: 3
I used to have a Chanel Rouge Noir of a similar age. It took me ages to finally throw it away. It was as good as new since it didn’t suit me at all. 🤣

What VisioAiry colours do you wear @Grizzlybear?
I am on my second rose muse, which is a bit browner than I would usually go, but I like it, have volcanic red, and jpop.

God the ruby woo 😭 in fact a lot of Mac must haves are shocking. I’ll always Stan twig and brave, and I have Red rock which I prefer to both ruby woo and Russian red or whatever the other *must have* bad red was. But they are all so cakey compared to other lipsticks

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The only Mac lipstick colour I ever liked was Syrup. Went through a few tubes. I think I still have one but rarely wear it any more - It's a bit too purple undertoned for my current make up preferences I think.

Reactions: 2
Oh I have been there with the Ruby Woo. It’s the best ever red ever invented ever ever and suits everybody! GAVEL!

Chalky and unflattering on me.
Saaaaaaame I found it peeled off the top layer of my lips. Shame as I actually like a lot of Mac lipstick.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
You influenced me! Just had a look at my collection - all the same colour in different tubes pots and pencils 😭

MAC Moistly Lip Gelee
Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter
Lipstick Queen Thriller Glossy Pencil
Benefit Ruby Lip Balm (Intense!)
Clinique Mightiest Maraschino Intense Chubby Stick
Revlon Diva Red Moisture Renew Lipstick
MAC Amplified Ramblas Red Lipstick

And I still want this Chanel thing in Berry Boost, FML

https://www.chanel.com/gb/makeup/p/...-cheek-balm-enhances-colour-nourishes-plumps/

theyre-not-the-same-theyre-similar-quote-1.jpg

Just remembered getting the sales patter about that balm/lipstick from Benefit after getting my brows tweezed by them, I even said "yeah that's my colour" fully aware and handing over my credit card. SMH there's no hope.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
@Sheeeet that’s why Lisa E does so well with me, I have 3 lipsticks, 2 pencils and a gloss by her in colours I already own 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That's funny. My Skin+Me dose is plenty big enough for my face - I even put it under the chin - and I don't have a small face. Is yours not very spreadable?
Consistency is fine, it's just a tiny amount, a few millimetres if that.

I wrote to them regarding the minuscule amount of cream my tube is dispensing and they're sending another. It will be interesting to see if the dose is bigger!

Old-school influencer underhand tactic no 1: the unseen requests for information on promoted products. Some may be asking why she is so very orange today, but multiple queries about an unremarkable lipstick that she promoted just three days ago? Doubtful.

0C86A88D-BA31-497B-A70B-0A71410AD352.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.