Sali Hughes #43 Where's Wali? She's a lot of a wally a lot of the time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the new thread! Like the total basic (or is it textbook?) that I am, I'm going to also give myself some credit for coming up with Where's Wally that then gave way to @Gold_7 's genius Wali!
You are my inspiration @SqualorVictoria 😂

The phrase (and everyone’s responses to it) and now this thread title are my Tattle highlight. In fact the only highlight of 2021 (worst year ever). Tattle kept me going for a lot of it, and I’m not mean or spiteful about anyone.

I don’t have any stronger feelings towards SH than she is a bit of a wali. And a poor writer. I’m not a troll for thinking that or writing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t have any stronger feelings towards SH than she is a bit of a wali. And a poor writer. I’m not a troll for thinking that or writing it.
That is it - I imagine most people here (to Wali's surprise) don't actually have very strong feelings about her. I know she goes on about hate and jealousy - but for me it is nothing as strong as that. I find her irritating and silly. And her greed and boasting re all the free stuff is very jarring. I bet that is far harder for her to hear than hate. When she talks about here she never says she is ridiculed, rather that she feels frightened as we are so venomous and intrusive. Sounds much better I guess.
Why there are 40 odd threads on someone who is, on the face of it, quite unremarkable is interesting. But I'm not a psychologist so won't bother to analyse it.
I do know there would not be 40 threads by now if she hadn't made her statement. Her lies about here meant the gloves were off. I know she now has a side hustle as chief media trollee through it, but I wonder if she ever looks back and regrets it. Certainly all her old horrendous tweets would not have been dug up.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That is it - I imagine most people here (to Wali's surprise) don't actually have very strong feelings about her. I know she goes on about hate and jealousy - but for me it is nothing as strong as that. I find her irritating and silly. And her greed and boasting re all the free stuff is very jarring. I bet that is far harder for her to hear than hate. When she talks about here she never says she is ridiculed, rather that she feels frightened as we are so venomous and intrusive. Sounds much better I guess.
Yes, definitely gentler on the ego and more likely to garner the sympathy and attention she craves

Reactions: 6
I need to ask for a recommendation ladies! I went to get Botox in my forehead tonight (nothing but the weakest of weakest of dilutes for my beefy little face and in case you're wondering I PAID for every single bleeping penny with my hard earned cash). Anyway I've always had quite oily skin but the woman who did the botox said it's quite dry on my cheeks and forehead (apparently this happens when you're perimenopausal but NOT THERE YET). She tried to sell me a super overpriced moisturiser but declined (as I'd spent all my money on botox) - is there any good, cheap, moisturiser you'd recommend that I can get in either Boots or Superdrug? Any recommendations gratefully taken!

Haven't had time to comment for ages but on the subject of her consulting a psychologist about our profiles - I've got a masters in Psychology and, even though I don't work in this area, I have a lot of friends who do and I call total bullshit on it. Any genuine psychologist would have been more interested in why Sali was so over engaged in this (I'd say her overweening narcissism and crippling insecurity which make a very toxic combination) rather than analysing our posts and ascribing personality types to us so I don't buy this for a second. Unless she consulted the resident psychologist at Grazia or Cosmo or whatever who would have had to give their services for free and would have told her whatever they thought she wanted to hear.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I can’t forgive Morrissey for ruining Morrissey for me.

• Haha
  • Heart
I need to ask for a recommendation ladies! I went to get Botox in my forehead tonight (nothing but the weakest of weakest of dilutes for my beefy little face and in case you're wondering I PAID for every single bleeping penny with my hard earned cash). Anyway I've always had quite oily skin but the woman who did the botox said it's quite dry on my cheeks and forehead (apparently this happens when you're perimenopausal but NOT THERE YET). She tried to sell me a super overpriced moisturiser but declined (as I'd spent all my money on botox) - is there any good, cheap, moisturiser you'd recommend that I can get in either Boots or Superdrug? Any recommendations gratefully taken!

Haven't had time to comment for ages but on the subject of her consulting a psychologist about our profiles - I've got a masters in Psychology and, even though I don't work in this area, I have a lot of friends who do and I call total bullshit on it. Any genuine psychologist would have been more interested in why Sali was so over engaged in this (I'd say her overweening narcissism and crippling insecurity which make a very toxic combination) rather than analysing our posts and ascribing personality types to us so I don't buy this for a second. Unless she consulted the resident psychologist at Grazia or Cosmo or whatever who would have had to give their services for free and would have told her whatever they thought she wanted to hear.
Cicaplast, Cicaplast, Cicaplast

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She'll be raging at this fact-filled comment 😆
It was bound to be some rent-a-gob they consulted, as @Mselvista said upthread

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I can’t forgive Morrissey for ruining Morrissey for me.
This is my Morrissey mood too. 100%

I feel like I’ve tried them all at all price points ( aside from Crème de la mer because I refuse on principle) , and honestly I swear by The Ordinary HA moisturiser, but I don’t know if it’s on the high street in the UK.

Sali has no idea who the people here are - the assumption that we’re jealous of her career is hilarious to me.
I don’t need free hairdressing is all I’m saying 😙
Also it’s incredibly reductive to assume that as (allegedly) women, as soon as we have something to say, it’s because we’re jealous.

Sorry for the spam! I don’t know if the lady recommended it, but take videos of yourself moving your face for the next two weeks, the end result will stun you!
I got my first injections a few weeks back and I’m not looking back.
No weak dilutes for me 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
@Mselvista - I didn’t want to derail the thread which then was locked but I’d be remiss if I didn’t say that I hope you’re doing well re: manic phase you discussed earlier.
Still you don’t have anything to apologise for in these threads at all, it goes without saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I like Clinique's Moisture Surge Overnight Mask. I buy a sample size and use it 2-3 times a week and it lasts all winter. When an esthetician told me I had dehydrated skin I started using the Clarins Blue Orchid face oil and it worked a charm. It's not cheap upfront but it lasts me at least a year if not longer, so that reduces its cost. And of course, drinking loads of water and using a humidifier at night if you're in a cold climate right now.

• Heart
Thank you for all the recommendations :) - only problem now is I want buy all of them 😂.
I already drink so much water I’m sure my colleagues think I must have a drug problem as I pee every 15 mins on average but will look into humidifier!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She has gone quiet on the old IG hasn't she? No selling videos since early Nov.
And no toilet selfies.
I suspect it is to do with the Baddiel thing. No idea why.

Reactions: 5
Thank you for all the recommendations :) - only problem now is I want buy all of them 😂.
I already drink so much water I’m sure my colleagues think I must have a drug problem as I pee every 15 mins on average but will look into humidifier!
Dr Shereen Idriss recommends using a humidifier in the cold months. She's recently made a You Tube video about winter skin. She recommends an Aveeno serum and moisturiser that you can get from Boots.

I'm enjoying Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré at the moment. It's perfumed but doesn't irritate me at all. I love the fragrance it's very floral.

• Heart
I listened to the Soho Radio interview with SH picking her tracks. I think the interview has a bit more content than the podcasr.

She was asked about beauty products and sustainability and said the only 'sustainable' option was to stop buying. She said that she addressed it by trying to encourage people to make better choices. Buy less but better was the gist I think. That isn't at all what her content conveys to me - and how could it, given that the job of an influencer is to promote buying?

I was also struck by another slight variation in her backstory. She talks about meeting a famous-ish make-up artists, fawning over her and saying she's looking for work. The make-up artist says my current assistant is leaving do you want the job? Whereas in the original version, the make-up artist says ''Do you want to be my assistant? My current assistant is really annoying'. So, similar to how the story of how she got the Guardian column now starts with the previous columnist leaving rather than with SH tweeting that the column 'is a scandal'. A bit petty of me to point that out I suppose.

What really struck me about the interview though was how similar our taste in music is. 'Being Boring' is one my desert island discs - the only song that always make me cry. I was The Smiths biggest fan (sorry everyone but I was). Love Marvin Gaye - though would have chosen an earlier track. The Beatles track she chose could well have been my choice.

That's the thing about SH - and that keeps me intrigued really - she's someone with whom I have some things in common. I suppose that's to be expected - and why I'm tattling here and not on the Katie Price thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart
What really struck me about the interview though was how similar our taste in music is. 'Being Boring' is one my desert island discs - the only song that always make me cry. I was The Smiths biggest fan (sorry everyone but I was). Love Marvin Gaye - though would have chosen an earlier track. The Beatles track she chose could well have been my choice.

That's the thing about SH - and that keeps me intrigued really - she's someone with whom I have some things in common. I suppose that's to be expected - and why I'm tattling here and not on the Katie Price thread.
Totally agree. I was/am a massive Smiths fan too. I can barely stand to listen to Being Boring, the bittersweet nostalgia about kills me. It's just achingly beautiful, the perfect pop song

• Heart
Reactions: 7
...I do know there would not be 40 threads by now if she hadn't made her statement. Her lies about here meant the gloves were off. I know she now has a side hustle as chief media trollee through it, but I wonder if she ever looks back and regrets it. Certainly all her old horrendous tweets would not have been dug up.
Trollee :ROFLMAO: 🛒

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.