Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
As no one is ever likely to be bored enough to start a thread on Michael Hogan, here are a cross section of his punching down, misogynistic comments:

On Sarah Everard’s rape and murder:

1EC1D6BE-FFAF-41A7-BC12-C9EF603FE0E0.jpeg

On sexual harassment:

D21F47D3-081D-42C7-95BC-438640B0C8E5.jpeg

On women’s health - as a poster at the time commented recurrent cystitis ruins lives and UTIs can lead to sepsis. It’s really not for a man to joke about.

1339349A-9BBC-4C14-805F-EF3D19512393.jpeg

On homosexuality:

B947A45F-F6C0-4CE6-9D8A-E5850F07DFC9.jpeg

On addressing serious issues in Doctor Who:

05BBA7B1-379D-4F8A-BD75-D810823C4CAB.jpeg

2DDF8732-B89C-49D3-9011-14046DB3951C.jpeg

ETA: If anyone does want to do him a thread, here’s a great title:

A7B7E8E7-B71D-4ED9-A084-12E1A39649AD.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Someone mentioned another Head & Shoulders ad with the delightful pair both in a bath? Here it is. Could Sal look more awkward?? The advertising team were clearly inspired by Claudia’s ITBW where they did seem to get on. Foresically remove any glimmer of life and you have…

• Haha
  • Wow
I washed my hair tonight for the first time in a number of days (I’m as beef-haired as I am beef-faced) and I was having a good old scalp massage to get all the dry shampoo out and suddenly in my head out of nowhere I just had our Sal shouting ‘SCALP IS SKIN’ and it really made me chuckle.

• Haha

nolite

Chatty Member
I despair for this world, I really do. Today’s Guardian article contains an instant do it yourself lipstick machine. Take a picture of ‘something’ and hey presto 5 minute later you have a lipstick in that shade

Nobody needs this in their lives. Nobody. What a waste of the earth’s precious resources

Wow. Ridiculous. Makes me think of that Simpsons episode where Marge is sprayed with a full face of make up by a machine, if anyone remembers 🤣

You'd think perhaps an article on/featuring LE's great lipsticks.....oh wait.

• Sad
  • Haha

bimppy

Exercise post 40 is really helpful for keeping mobile. But sure, keep pushing you Loaded magazine ‘I’m not like other girls’ vibe.

• Sick
  • Angry

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It has absolutely killed me that Jo had to put an arrow in the photo to point Lauren out. Says it all and no arrow would be needed if she got her own photo in a supposed tribute post. Or at least a photo where you could see her face.

Lauren, you can do better than them

• Haha
  • Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
The person after asked to mail in private with any proof mailed tattle to say "Please delete the post on this thread. I have since found that the issue I posted about is unfounded and I now know to the contrary of what I posted and I would like it to be removed please." - which is a bit late now to just delete, but what can we do other than be honest?

Between influencers making accounts on tattle to post the most ridiculous stuff to discredit and make out like we're idiots who will believe anything and the general fantasists you get on forums making up stuff for attention I can't keep up. 😬 Someone on another thread deleted their account, then came back pretending to be the son of the deleted account to announce that their mum (aka their old account) had died - and they picked a username because their mum apparently used to discuss with them if they thought male soap stars were circumcised or not. 😶

Sali would love to say everyone here is talking rubbish and making the most outlandish claims

• Wow
  • Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Yeah the BBC documentary was a complete and utter embarrassment for all involved. Sali obviously had an agenda and a personal axe to grind and the BBC seemed to let her run riot. I still can't believe she had the nerve to compare herself being discussed here to female politicians receiving death threats and the lady who was trolled after losing a parent to Covid. And even worse, that she was allowed to by the national broadcaster!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

anais750185

Chatty Member
She’s back at Hershesheshons for yet another press treatment (a bun 🙄) - they must be sick of the sight of her. Imagine a job that consisted of shopping, free hair appointments and shouting “scalp is SKIN” on demand.

• Haha
  • Sick

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
I'm not going to click on the article, but initially thought "that's bloody handy" in that it could recreate my one true love Ramblas Red from MAC (RIP). But there's so much more to it than the colour - the texture, scent, feel and slight sheen would be missing. Apols if that description went a bit She Here - just stopped short of it's cossetting qualities.

*sobs and clutches nub of Ramblas*

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Mselvista

VIP Member
Has anyone seen Harry Style's new brand? Atm there's only nail colours, a combined lip and eye product and a serum. Pleasing.

Imagine someone else using such a Hughesism*!

*Hughesism is of course the only actual true Hughesism because no one else says this except SH about her most frequently used words and phrases. Which is pleasing.

• Haha

rosemarina

VIP Member

“The trick is to simply dial down the colour and coverage for increased plausibility in the cooler months.”

I think the plausibility ship has sailed, hon.

“my most-used bronzer is Fenty’s sparkle-free Cheeks Out”

I thought it was the Chanel cream bronzer, no 💅?

• Haha
  • Wow

melfish

VIP Member
Has the Vatican been notified?

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 3.52.46 PM.png

But wait, there's more ...

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 3.52.35 PM.png

I guess the book nerd/sexy librarian/Granny Clampett cosplay was specially for her author event

Last edited:
  • Haha

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Didn't she go out with the man who was in the video for Stay by Shakespeare's Sister? Who also went out with Keren from Bananarama?

Does anyone else remember this?
That’s him.

Like others, I agree that while it’s her story to tell herself- and others- the way she wants to, it’s extremely jarring to see her keep glamorizing it and “ooh wasn’t I a one! nudge nudge wink wink” STILL.

i lost my virginity in the late 80s as a 16 year old schoolgirl (literally, uniform and all) to a 22 year old ‘boyfriend’ I was totally besotted with and also had a 26 year old ‘boyfriend’ ‘in a band’ before that (neither of whom my parents knew a thing about, I knew enough to keep them quiet).

Looking back at that, I don’t need to frame myself in any kind of way, and in no way does it make me “cool/interesting”, either then, now or any time between. It is what it is, it’s basically “I thought I was a lot more grown up than I was, and What the fuck were these GROWN ADULT MEN thinking/doing?” No adult women were involved in enabling it, either.

• Heart

Missypissy

I love hearing everyone's habits on here. So varied. I think I'd like the equivalent a mind corset or sucky in brain tights. Something to keep me focused on stuff instead of distracted and foggy. I mostly leave my body to wander all over the place. It's all gone feral now. But I do tuck my vest into my knickers for cosiness...I cant be the only one...can I?

• Haha
  • Heart