Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think all the ‘kindly gifted’ tit will have to end soon, or become more subtle. I know that if I see a lot of influencers being gifted stuff from the same place, there’s no way I’d go there/buy their products. Why should I fund a load of grifters?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m at the stage where I think ‘ why is it necessary?’ Dont you trust your product to find its place on merit? It makes me suspicious.
I suppose ‘ gifting‘ ( it sounds so wholesome and generous doesn’t it ) is cheap advertising

Reactions: 14
I think all the ‘kindly gifted’ tit will have to end soon, or become more subtle. I know that if I see a lot of influencers being gifted stuff from the same place, there’s no way I’d go there/buy their products. Why should I fund a load of grifters?
I feel exactly the same way. It has the opposite effect on me. If I see lots of so called influencers trying to flog the same product I refuse to buy it. They will become anti-influencers soon.

Reactions: 21
I will never ever buy Samsung again after they "kindly gifted" In The Frow a huge TV around when covid first kicked off. Her squealing with delight at unwrapping this free TV during a time when there was so much fear and uncertainty, people losing jobs, being put on furlough etc made me sick to my stomach

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I will never ever buy Samsung again after they "kindly gifted" In The Frow a huge TV around when covid first kicked off. Her squealing with delight at unwrapping this free TV during a time when there was so much fear and uncertainty, people losing jobs, being put on furlough etc made me sick to my stomach
I don't know who that is but that's hideous.

Reactions: 11
It was vile. If it happened now it would still be vile but in a way it was even worse that it happened in April 2020 due to the uncertainty and fear surrounding covid. We had no clue what was ahead and that was so scary. But these influencers have no clue how to read the room

Me again.

Keep thinking of Sali's completely false, fake, patronising and feigned sympathy towards those women who can't afford their own breast reduction surgery.

I bet if Sali had to pay for her own haircuts, extensions and her 300 different cream blushers she wouldn't either be able to afford that surgery.

The lifestyle she sells to women is fraudulent, out of reach and she's having an absolute laugh at the expense of her readers/followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Me again.

Keep thinking of Sali's completely false, fake, patronising and feigned sympathy towards those women who can't afford their own breast reduction surgery.

I bet if Sali had to pay for her own haircuts, extensions and her 300 different cream blushers she wouldn't either be able to afford that surgery.

The lifestyle she sells to women is fraudulent, out of reach and she's having an absolute laugh at the expense of her readers/followers.
This is exactly it. She can only afford expensive clothing/shoes/surgery because she gets everything else for free. I don’t understand why, she’s unlikeable and a tit writer 🤷🏻‍♀️

I feel exactly the same way. It has the opposite effect on me. If I see lots of so called influencers trying to flog the same product I refuse to buy it. They will become anti-influencers soon.
The worst is the boxes/kits. I don’t need to watch you open a box full of products that you’ve already been gifted. What’s the point in that? I’d have more respect for a company that sent out empty boxes and passed on further discount to the actual customer

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The worst is the boxes/kits. I don’t need to watch you open a box full of products that you’ve already been gifted. What’s the point in that? I’d have more respect for a company that sent out empty boxes and passed on further discount to the actual customer
That's a good idea. A brand could make a point of saying 'we don't work with social media infuencers'.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Well said.
And as others have said it feels extremely old fashioned (not in a good way) and dated. This glamourising hoarding and freebies is from a different era. Sali's boasting about how much stuff she has now appears distasteful.
There is a far fresher and relevant movement growing I feel where stuff is actually valued and used.
Miquita Oliver appears on Steph's Lunch Box and has vowed to only ever wear charity shop clothes. By contrast Sali's one woman mission to create as much landfill as possible looks increasingly tone deaf.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I’ve been influenced to purchase the IT cosmetics cc cream. Trying it out today, it went on well and seems to be sitting ok on my skin. I already swore by “bye bye under eye” which I originally had as a sample years ago, then bought.
I also treated myself to a new mini eyeshadow palette by Zoeva (precious?) I haven’t bought any make up since before C19 began as far as I recall. I am taking better care of my skin though!
Controversial I know, and at my own risk, but I’m keeping my palettes. I clean my brushes after every use, I don’t share them, I don’t care if they’re 5 years old, I use them occasionally and they last well enough. Yes as will chuck mascara after a year, but powder? I’ll risk it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about powder. It's liquid stuff that would worry me. And you clean your brushes after every use? Wow!

Reactions: 3
Well said.
And as others have said it feels extremely old fashioned (not in a good way) and dated. This glamourising hoarding and freebies is from a different era. Sali's boasting about how much stuff she has now appears distasteful.
There is a far fresher and relevant movement growing I feel where stuff is actually valued and used.
Miquita Oliver appears on Steph's Lunch Box and has vowed to only ever wear charity shop clothes. By contrast Sali's one woman mission to create as much landfill as possible looks increasingly tone deaf.
Hmm. That’s a little problematic in itself though because MO can probably afford to buy things from genuinely sustainable sources, thus supporting and promoting those brands. I don’t believe in gatekeeping charity shops but there are people who genuinely can only afford second hand clothes if they want quality stuff.
Although maybe there are charity shops in London’s who charge more for stuff than they do where I live (hello £10 Burberry trousers!)

Reactions: 5
That's a really good point, never thought of it like that. An influencer virtue signalling can take away from people in genuine need

Reactions: 8
Cream blush discussion - but ignores both Fenty and Lisa E? Not cool enough for either PR list
I'd totally buy their stuff.
Ironically that was beauty pie’s initial tactic. I mean I shouldn’t have had such high hopes for the CEO who previously had an anti-cellulite cream called ‘fatgirlslim’

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Cream blush discussion - but ignores both Fenty and Lisa E? Not cool enough for either PR list

Ironically that was beauty pie’s initial tactic. I mean I shouldn’t have had such high hopes for the CEO who previously had an anti-cellulite cream called ‘fatgirlslim’
I got the impression that BP was courting influencers from the off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Maybe Sali has to wheel out Margie Kilgore every now and then to keep her Beauty Pie code lubricated

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just watched the cream blush video. The excess is astonishing and competely normalised. But hey ho. That is her 'bag' I guess 🙄 You have to laugh at her nod to a sustainability brand when brandishing multiples of (to my eye) near identical products from other brands. Sali justifies excessive almost obscene consumption as obsession. You could actually be obsessed by doing detailed research and then plumping for one or two products, which you use until you need another one.
(I am fascinated by her constant need to pop into shops to buy products she forgot when on the move. She has 1000s of products sent to her, and numerous pouches within all her bags. Yet apparently will sometimes forget a blusher or mascara necessitating a Superdrug dash).
This thumbnail pic really does sum up what they think of us! I remember watching this and thinking it was disgusting the amount of products she had (skip to the end and there are drawers and drawers) and CH saying you must have as much and Sali replying she has much more or something. It makes me sick. I've just bought a new bronzer and feel guilty I've bought it, but I don't have one and needed one.

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.