Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this true? šŸ¤£ Wearing your politics. Jesus. How is this different to wearing a MAGA hat? It's just as obnoxious
No, it was a joke. The jumper actually said ā€œLipstick, Literature and Liberalismā€ (which itself is cringe).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No, it was a joke. The jumper actually said ā€œLipstick, Literature and Liberalismā€ (which itself is cringe).
Oh, I thought she had two šŸ¤Ŗ
You're spot on, though. Lipstick, Literature and LIberalism is just luxe Live, Laugh, Love

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The intelligence and wit on this thread regularly makes me laugh out loud.

No wonder She Here hates it. Itā€™s everything sheā€™s not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Have we heard from her since Whereā€™s Sali? Is she actually MIA in an unspecified city of architectural merit (or Cardiff)?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Have we heard from her since Whereā€™s Sali? Is she actually MIA in an unspecified city of architectural merit (or Cardiff)?
Nobody knows. But she is notoriously quiet on SM so this isn't unusual for her šŸ˜‚

ETA Her husband has posted about being in Edinburgh.

On an entirely different topic has anyone got their free sample of Synthetic Jungle? And if so what is the verdict? (I didn't apply for one).

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve got a sample I get the jungle name you smell like a greenhouse I quite like it but my instant reaction is I donā€™t love it enough for a full bottle but you never know I can still smell it slightly on my wrist after 5hrs

Reactions: 3
I read that as the ā€˜Fridgeā€™ and TV Festivalsā€¦

A white goods haven in Edinburgh

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I would love to know how Sali makes peace with the ethically murky path her career has taken, the moral compromise it requires to sell women tit they don't need. It isn't exactly a feminist thing to do, is it? Why do people who have enough always want more?

Reactions: 20
I would love to know how Sali makes peace with the ethically murky path her career has taken, the moral compromise it requires to sell women tit they don't need. It isn't exactly a feminist thing to do, is it? Why do people who have enough always want more?
Itā€™s ok, sheā€™s good people so she isnā€™t doing anything wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It is interesting isn't it. Beauty influencers like Sali start from the stand point of women being afraid of looking their age or heaven forbid actually older (whatever that means as it is all nonsensical). I suppose it is all coated in the framework of 'choice'. Which of course it is (ignoring if we can the incredible societal pressures to look 'not tit'). But Sali et al monetise this fear. And Sali I think is very dishonest when it comes to her own aging. She smuggles away in comments her references to Botox and tweakments. Out of all her comments/columns/videos everywhere recommending product I would hazard a guess less than 1% ever mention her own use of such interventions.

Reactions: 19
I think Beauty Banks is part of the answer as to how she makes peace with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I also struggle with this as a feminist - I want to look the best I can but know this pressure is mostly external & due to the damn patriarchy. My issue with La Hughes isnā€™t that she colludes with this pressure/expectationā€¦itā€™s that she is not at all honest about what it takes to look good & stay youthful. It costs Ā£Ā£Ā£ & lots of time/effort, and is unattainable for most women. But instead of emphasising that she seems keen to try & make it seem effortless. Itā€™s a huge lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The 4 videos we'd all actually like to see from Sali:

1. What Botox + filler I have, how regularly I get it and how much that would costs plebs like you.

2. How much my monthly hair maintenance and extensions would cost if I paid full price.

3. Here's my "empties" and the end of the month and this is what they'd cost if I actually paid.

4. Christmas special video "the true cost of maintaining myself in 2021" adding up the total of all items she used regularly or was gifted in the year for which she can wear a jolly Christmas jumper "Curtness, Crisps, Capitalism"

Now THAT would be Pretty Honest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.