Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps “Leonard” doesn’t offer AFs for collagen?

Reactions: 2
Also, no mention of where the collagen comes from.
#noethicssali
yeah, there's no collagen in any of that stuff she listed (amino acids, yes) unless you're tucking into some hooves or connective tissue :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7

What an odd column. I did enjoy how she tried to give the impression that she’s been poring over research papers on our behalf, rather than reading a few press releases and googling “does collaGen worK?”

WTF is that pic about? Mussel shells and marine oil supplements?? 😂 I love how The Guardian have got a very disinterested intern as her picture editor. Could not give a duck. At least Sali googled.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh my God - you have just reminded me! I bought a black skirt and blazer from Hyper Hyper. I wore them to Camden Palace - Pyschedelic Furs and Thompson Twins playing. Happy memories 😊
That brings back memories. Took my birthday money to Kensington Market got a mauve tie dye number from HH and went to a Rob Newman gig!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

What an odd column. I did enjoy how she tried to give the impression that she’s been poring over research papers on our behalf, rather than reading a few press releases and googling “does collaGen worK?”

WTF is that pic about? Mussel shells and marine oil supplements?? 😂 I love how The Guardian have got a very disinterested intern as her picture editor. Could not give a duck. At least Sali googled.
She could've provided links to the research papers....

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Good grief. Did she submit this half finished or something?
I take Raw Beauty Labs vegan collagen powder which seems to work pretty well, although I also use a topical vegan serum (one of those Boots own single treatment thingies). Between the two of them I’ve seen some good results.

Reactions: 5
What does she mean that experts were adopting antioxidants but industry professionals like herself were not popping collagen pills prospectively?
Specifically I don’t understand the difference between “experts” and “industry professionals” like herself. She’s just said she’s a layperson. Is she not an expert? Can you be a layperson and an industry professional? Does anyone sub her writing?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Good grief. Did she submit this half finished or something?
I take Raw Beauty Labs vegan collagen powder which seems to work pretty well, although I also use a topical vegan serum (one of those Boots own single treatment thingies). Between the two of them I’ve seen some good results.
I've been taking Star Powa vegan gummies but not sure they're worth it TBH.

How's the taste of the Raw Beauty vegan collagen?

Reactions: 1
I've been taking Star Powa vegan gummies but not sure they're worth it TBH.

How's the taste of the Raw Beauty vegan collagen?
It’s berry flavoured. I mix it with almond milk (not horrible not not great) or put it in a smoothie.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

She doesn't even delineate the central debate around oral collagen: whether there is any point taking it if it doesn't survive the gut

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Is She Here throwing shade on Alice Hart-Davis, who not only swears by it but sells a brand of it on her website?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
She doesn't even delineate the central debate around oral collagen: whether there is any point taking it if it doesn't survive the gut
I think I just don't get the point of it. Take it/don't take it it won't harm you, might/might not have results seems to be the gist.
So she doesn't want to piss off these companies that keep sending her free stuff but won't actually say they are useless. Or are they.
Much fence sitting.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.