Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a massive LE fan and have followed since the early days when she was involved with No7. I messaged her once on FB and she responded directly with so much grace. She just comes across as such a lovely woman and talented to boot.

Not ashamed to say I’m happy to spend money on whatever products she comes up with and not been disappointed so far- have couple of her rings (the cheapest in the range) and 4-5 of her lipsticks, pencil, lips gloss and they are all great. Trying to avoid looking at the new products she’s released as only recently stocked up on couple of lovely blushes from Iconic and feel there no needed to spend more on new products.

To me she is a true star and a person that inspires people. Really enjoyed her make up documentary on the BBC.

I have met Lisa and she was so generous and gracious and incredibly beautiful in person. I have had a few twitter convos with her in the past as well. She seems very humble and sweet. Her husband was equally lovely and gracious. I can't imagine anyone not liking her!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have met Lisa and she was so generous and gracious and incredibly beautiful in person. I have had a few twitter convos with her in the past as well. She seems very humble and sweet. Her husband was equally lovely and gracious. I can't imagine anyone not liking her!
I think it’s as simple as Lisa lives the life Sali thinks she deserves

Reactions: 17
Have to say I’m so please everyone has had positive LE experiences because I would be so upset if she was a total diva.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can never understand when people push the 'those trolls are so jealous of Sali!' narrative. Someone on the Mumsnet post even suggested it recently, they said people dislike her because she's very pretty and has a nice life. If that were the case no one would have a good word to say about Lisa as she is very pretty and has an enviable career and life.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I am very pretty and have a nice life kthx.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I’m ok and my life is ok, I would not swap with Sali even for a second. And that is a hill I would die on.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It’s a very lame argument I believe, akin to ‘you’re only jealous’ …. Nope, there are plenty of talented, beautiful people out there that are likeable, it’s the fact that X person is a bit of dick and isn’t very nice.

I’m ok and my life is ok, I would not swap with Sali even for a second. And that is a hill I would die on.
With your Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face brush for company I hope?

ETA ‘X person’ is interchangeable

With your Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face brush for company I hope?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can never understand when people push the 'those trolls are so jealous of Sali!' narrative. Someone on the Mumsnet post even suggested it recently, they said people dislike her because she's very pretty and has a nice life. If that were the case no one would have a good word to say about Lisa as she is very pretty and has an enviable career and life.
It's the moment when she say "Hi ya..." like some has told her "be nice to them" when you hate someone and its your bitchface and venomous voice. Then her inflections and lack of enthusiasm for the person she's talking with. I know from that we wouldn't get on, she's so icey cold in her manner. No warmth or friendliness to her.

Reactions: 16
It's the moment when she say "Hi ya..." like some has told her "be nice to them" when you hate someone and its your bitchface and venomous voice. Then her inflections and lack of enthusiasm for the person she's talking with. I know from that we wouldn't get on, she's so icey cold in her manner. No warmth or friendliness to her.
That Hiya...it really does tell you everything about her. The smile never reaches her eyes as she says it in that clenched way. Like an assistant in a boutique asking can I help you when she has just seen you gulp at a price tag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
That Hiya...it really does tell you everything about her. The smile never reaches her eyes as she says it in that clenched way. Like an assistant in a boutique asking can I help you when she has just seen you gulp at a price tag.
YES!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is so true. There's so warmth at all

Reactions: 10
SH is not a natural presenter which is funny being the funny turn of her career has taken into influencer territory. I really want to know how she fares as an event host, can’t see her as being amazing at it either. She comes across as contrived and uncomfortable in front of the camera. I bet this is the least favourite part of her job.

Reactions: 7
For all her declarations of being a girl's girl I often don't the impression she is comfortable around other women. This then comes across in some of her ITB interviews. Arms crossed defensively, and a bit hostile, not listening, competitive.
I have never seen Lisa Eldridge 'off' with another woman. For eg her tutorials with Alexa Chung (amongst others) are a delight.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Well when life gets you down, remember *everything is Washable (*almost. Not things that are bleached though, that’s permanent)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
For all her declarations of being a girl's girl I often don't the impression she is comfortable around other women. This then comes across in some of her ITB interviews. Arms crossed defensively, and a bit hostile, not listening, competitive.
I have never seen Lisa Eldridge 'off' with another woman. For eg her tutorials with Alexa Chung (amongst others) are a delight.
I really like Alexa Chung too, I find her really funny. And effortlessly cool and stylish. And very natural in front of the camera chatting to people, and is engaging and enthusiastic! Theres a girl that rocks a Breton!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.