Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am going to take that pic of Sam to my hairdresser. Was blonde for donkeys but last three years have let it grow out and it’s about that long and my natural colour is a bit lighter than Sam. Quite fancy lightening up.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Jack Monroe visited her thread, got asked some questions then left and got banned from returning.
Jack Monroe didn't actually get banned, we asked her to stop posting as she was being disruptive and it wasn't going anywhere good.

You'd be surprised the amount of people that contact tattle saying this thread is about me and I want it deleted thanks. There's a huge lack of understanding that once you put yourself out there as an influencer you can no longer control the narrative. It's a murky old world with turning your personal life into a commodity. There's my rough plans as to how to address this in tattles law but oddly enough influencers didn't get on board with that 😆 https://limegoss.com/tattles-law/ . The name isn't serious, it's ideas to address the issues as a whole rather than just "shut tattle down and everything will be fixed".
The claim of positive and supportive posts being deleted was discussed here during the time of the documentary and Yel checked it- Yel even posted receipts here to show the posts that *were* deleted, the posts that were deleted were obvious trolls
Thanks, yep that's pretty much the case. People aren't banned for correcting stuff they'd be banned for the "you're all sad scum of the earth loosers" that they start their post off with. People that are the dictionary definition of trolling (posting to disrupt a community) are banned. But Sali never lets the truth get in the way.

I do love how one single post (selling her children) that was clearly a joke she's still feasting on and misrepresenting 😆

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I feel really angry that Sali bullied an autistic woman into apologising for being autistic on the GTL thread.

saying someone’s hair looks brassy blonde on a thread about GREY hair, isn’t super rude. It’s an observation.

Sali has made far, far ruder comments!

the world is hard enough to navigate if you are autistic without being hounded for not realising it was an ego stroking thread.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Jack Monroe didn't actuy get banned, we asked her to stop posting as she was being disruptive
Thanks, yep that's pretty much the case. People aren't banned for correcting stuff they'd be banned for the "you're all sad scum of the earth loosers" that they start their post off with. People that are the dictionary definition of trolling (posting to disrupt a community) are banned. But Sali never lets the truth get in the way.

I do love how one single post (selling her children) that was clearly a joke she's still feasting on and misrepresenting 😆
my mistake, apologies.

Reactions: 3
There’s something so ironic about Sal advertising anything narcissist.

I actually feel strangely sorry for her. She needs psychological assistance.

She must have known that making a big change to her hair, people are going to have interest and/or opinions about it.

Yet she clearly CANNOT cope with people commenting.

I’ve seen several people voice confusion and the process or the results. She comes at them with a truly frightening level of aggression.

She deals with her enquir as if they were abuse! There’s a strong disconnect between reality and her perspective.

I personally wouldn’t be suited to a job that involved any level of public engagement or scrutiny.

But for that reason, I wouldn’t write a column for the Guardian.

I think the way she speaks to people is so aggressive and condescending.

She barely copes when ass-kissing people ask a question.

Such a weird mix of Queen and victim complexes.

Sali, get yourself to a therapist.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
my mistake, apologies.
Sorry 😬, hope I didn't come across as confrontational! I can't help but correct people in the jack thread when they said she was banned when in fairness she did stop posting after being asked.

Sali's friends definitely were banned when they came here posting word salad that effectively boils down to chucking insults at us 😆

I'm probably not doing my job right, according to Sali mods are here to encourage hate and if anyone ever gets a second thought we post "they get stuff for free! They're bad people!" 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Guys my plants are all fine but they're not growing fast enough so I've come back here for some entertainment and WOAH NELLY!

This is hilarious. It has everything! Oh Sali. You poor thing. If only all these trolls would just leave you alone. But you're addicted to it. You've found it's quite nice this new victimhood where you can simultaneously not care a jot what anyone thinks but also write paragraph after paragraph for your fans about how mean they are wahhhhh.

Thanks everyone. This has been quite fun. Definitely agree with Squalor that she's gonna do a u turn at some point when she accepts she doesn't like it will write some tosh about how it's actually pretty feminist to not be grey and choose colour suits you or some such crap.

Right back to shouting at my monstera. Thinking some tough love is what it needs, right?

Reactions: 18
I feel really angry that Sali bullied an autistic woman into apologising for being autistic on the GTL thread.

saying someone’s hair looks brassy blonde on a thread about GREY hair, isn’t super rude. It’s an observation.

Sali has made far, far ruder comments!

the world is hard enough to navigate if you are autistic without being hounded for not realising it was an ego stroking thread.
wait, what? Who was autistic? Sorry I must have missed this scooting through to catch up?

to be fair to her she wouldn't have known the person commenting was autistic. If I'd posted a pic of my new barnet on that group and someone said it looked brassy I would have been a bit miffed too.

cmt.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Developing social skills = learning how to lie :unsure:

She literally said what she saw. duck that! And had to apologize for a completely neutral statement.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Shame she can’t apply those rules to herself isn’t it? Snippy moo
exactly. She isn’t exactly known for ‘if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all’

it’s just so odd her disproportionate overreaction to a few folk not liking her hair.

Reactions: 11
Is brassy an insult in relation to hair? It's a colour. It's like saying there's red tones in hair that has been dyed

Reactions: 10
There's a huge amount of value in listening to people like Caroline, who will give you a straight and honest opinion amidst simpering nonsense.
If you're 'pretty honest', why wouldn't you be into that?

I noted that loads of people had said nice things to her and she didn't even throw their posts a like. She ignored them completely and just focussed on her perceived persecution by a minority of people, some of whom thought her hair looked blonde. Oh the horror!

If She has so little humility and grace that she can't even be courteous to the people who think she's great, then she doesn't deserve them.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Imagine being her publisher.
"We might need to change this sentence"
"Could you please be less rude?!"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.