Sali Hughes #32 Here's one moisturiser, now piss off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the Body Shop plug is the beginning of a concerted effort on their part then I presume we'll see lots more mentions by Sali coming up. Maybe an oh so casual photo of her bathroom with the Avocado Butter just happening to be there.
I suppose the good thing about The Guardian column is she doesn't have to declare an #ad. (Or should she if it is?)

• Sick
Reactions: 9
If the Body Shop plug is the beginning of a concerted effort on their part then I presume we'll see lots more mentions by Sali coming up. Maybe an oh so casual photo of her bathroom with the Avocado Butter just happening to be there.
I suppose the good thing about The Guardian column is she doesn't have to declare an #ad. (Or should she if it is?)
I think she has used the column in a very dodgy underhand way often. Her personal shilling is mightily entangled with it at times. Graun seems to just look the other way or those with any power (or interest) don’t even bother to read her sorry excuse for a column.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
I think she has used the column in a very dodgy underhand way often. Her personal shilling is mightily entangled with it at times. Graun seems to just look the other way or those with any power (or interest) don’t even bother to read her sorry excuse for a column.
She must be so relieved these days there are no comments under it. That column would 100% have been taken to task.

Reactions: 18
Sorry if already be mentioned - but blimey isn't this almost identical to our favourite caregiver's book? Even with 'wash' in the title?
A life guide for women with stories from their own life? 😴
And et tu Brute Mrs Eric Joyce :sick:has given it a ringing endorsement. Personally I would not have that woman's name anywhere near a book of mine. I wouldn't buy it anyway but that genuinely would put me off.

Amazon product

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I wish idiot ‘cosseted’ rich people would stop imagining they have some sort of wisdom to impart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
There are body shop products I like but it’s so wrong to promote them now they’re a bloopy MLM

Reactions: 9
I wish idiot ‘cosseted’ rich people would stop imagining they have some sort of wisdom to impart.
Quite. So bloody patronising isn't it?
The whole thing is so skewed. Imagine if a random woman in a 'normal' job pitched her idea for a lifestyle guide to a publisher - with tips and anecdotes from her life. Not a chance.
But women who have dabbled in the beauty, fashion, entertainment industry are apparently oracles. Their 'experience' is more interesting and important than anyone else's.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I wonder who will be giving the vomit inducing endorsements on Sali’s book. We should do a sweep.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wonder who will be giving the vomit inducing endorsements on Sali’s book. We should do a sweep.
Lauren Laverne, Caitlin Moran, India Knight, that Irish woman whose “Mammy has her tea” or whatever, bleeping suck-up wanna-be-in-the-gang-passport-expediting MP Jess Phillips and not Esther Walker.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh yes Marian Keyes, good call. Maybe Tilbury too as there were quotes from her on the other books.

Reactions: 3
“That Irish woman whose ‘Mammy has her tea’” keeps making me laugh all over again.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hope she doesn't snare Nigella. I think she has been trying.
But yes the usual suspects have been named. Because they are all so wonderfully impartial :rolleyes: I bet they don't even bother to read the bloody thing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
It’s just all so ridiculously predictable. She is a living parody. Alan Partridge, stand aside.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
can some guardian intern not repackage her product samples so that she could blind test? would jazz things up a little bit as she is incapable of examining her own heavy biases

• Heart
Reactions: 11
can some guardian intern not repackage her product samples so that she could blind test? would jazz things up a little bit as she is incapable of examining her own heavy biases
Now this would be interesting. Especially if there was budget, mid price and high end options.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.