Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blimey, the Chapman sisters clearly spent ages designing that makeup bag for Beauty Banks didn’t they 🤣 Sali’s so chuffed! Doesn’t look as though she spent much more time herself.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Right?! “Sorry, sorry, silly question” *walks out of room backwards; bows head*
It's a straight up unequal power dynamic though. And she should damn well know better than to be crappy to people who are literally not doing any harm and are actually fans of hers. Not to mention the way women just automatically apologise as a way of forging closeness. It's learned and ingrained behaviour. Even on this thread we apologise before even being called out on anything. I'm learning to be a bit more selective about how and why I dish out my sorrys.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
In other news, Sali helpfully tells a follower that Portrait of a Lady smells like an 18th-century French brothel. So syphilis? Armpits? Drams of cheap brandy?
:ROFLMAO:⚰

Yes, the last time I was at an 18th century French brothel the base note was definitely armpits. I'd say the top notes were vinegar (their choice of douche), depends on the brothel, really. And if the Habsburgs are in town, of course.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Can you detect the smell once your nose has dropped off from advanced syphilis? Seems rather a waste of 170 quid if not.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can you detect the smell once your nose has dropped off from advanced syphilis? Seems rather a waste of 170 quid if not.
I honestly hope you can't. :ROFLMAO:

Blimey, the Chapman sisters clearly spent ages designing that makeup bag for Beauty Banks didn’t they 🤣 Sali’s so chuffed! Doesn’t look as though she spent much more time herself.
That's a "design"? Well, technically, I guess.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I just remembered that I have a small bottle of Malle's Carnal Flower so I've dabbed my wrists so I can go to bed tonight scented like a femme de la nuit. So satisfying. Cheery, even.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The Chapman one looks like if Ken Done threw up on it

And before someone says, "Well, you couldn't design one ..." Yes, yes, I could 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Re those 'pouches' (sorry that word :sick:) I've only heard of Sali and the Chapman sisters. Who on earth are the others? I am surprised Sali couldn't get the really big guns support. And a year to make them? Really?
But hey ho worthy cause and all that.

Reactions: 5
I was wondering that. Thought they might have been famous in the UK

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I just remembered that I have a small bottle of Malle's Carnal Flower so I've dabbed my wrists so I can go to bed tonight scented like a femme de la nuit. So satisfying. Cheery, even.
That is my scent of choice!
I feel cheered by every spritz.
(I think I have Hughes phrasing worked out there?)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Re those 'pouches' (sorry that word :sick:) I've only heard of Sali and the Chapman sisters. Who on earth are the others? I am surprised Sali couldn't get the really big guns support. And a year to make them? Really?
But hey ho worthy cause and all that.
Cher Webb is a makeup artist. She did Sali’s makeup on IG a couple of years ago.

I would have bought at least one if Sali wasn’t associated with the project. Will make a donation to my local food bank instead.

Reactions: 9
It's a straight up unequal power dynamic though. And she should damn well know better than to be crappy to people who are literally not doing any harm and are actually fans of hers. Not to mention the way women just automatically apologise as a way of forging closeness. It's learned and ingrained behaviour. Even on this thread we apologise before even being called out on anything. I'm learning to be a bit more selective about how and why I dish out my sorrys.
Exactly this!

Reactions: 2
Cher Webb is a makeup artist. She did Sali’s makeup on IG a couple of years ago.

I would have bought at least one if Sali wasn’t associated with the project. Will make a donation to my local food bank instead.
I’ve never heard of the fourth person at all, but his design was by far the best and he’d made an effort. The rest looked like they’d spent an afternoon with the crayon box and thought ‘that’ll do’.

I will not support Sali’s charity either. I can’t get past how the charity, which is meant to be all about hygiene poverty, gave it’s brand donations to NHS workers. Whilst I completely agree that key workers are deserving of support and praise, they are by no means in hygiene poverty. For me this calls into question the charity’s governance, when on the personal whim of it’s founders / executives, the main objective can be overridden.

No thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Well, lashings of humble pie for those of us thinking Sali had been doing sweet FA for the last year. Her ‘we’re all bored, with endless hours to fill’ schtick was just a ruse while she slogged away at a mood board! Tsh. Putting the rest of the country to shame as ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.