Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im sad to say that there are some within my friendship circle who still do fan-girl. Time to phase them out for their appalling lack of judgment!
Yeah, I mean if you can't see it at this point, there's little hope for you

Reactions: 4
She had that quirky, indie sort of look back then. Now she has undifferentiated influencer face
Yes she was indie looking, and (I've said before) had a sort of Clare Grogan in Gregory's Girl kind of style. I actually found her relatable in the world of beauty 😂
Plus, and this is a huge caveat, I was not on twitter. I can't ever believe I would have admired her seeing her twitter presence back then.

Reactions: 14
She had that quirky, indie sort of look back then. Now she has undifferentiated influencer face
[/Q
It wasn’t so much her looks as her relatability, as Jelly says. And the community she created. I’d never been on a forum before. Her Guardian columns were genuinely different to any beauty writing I’d seen before, they felt like someone sharing their tips and insight rather than regurgitating press releases.

Plus, and this is a huge caveat, I was not on twitter. I can't ever believe I would have admired her seeing her twitter presence back then.
Very much this. Total disconnect. Although I worry that I would have excused her twitter bullying... I genuinely don’t know. I was less aware then.

Reactions: 18
I have a horrible feeling Sali would see 'relatability' as a negative now. She probably would love the idea she might be seen as slightly removed and unattainable and special.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The hair comment really bugged me. "Nope" duck right off Sali, if you can't be nice just be quiet. She's depending on these "fans" to keep her in business and yet she lacks any ounce of respect or even self awareness to treat them with anything other than utterly disdain. God I can't stand her.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
The hair comment really bugged me. "Nope" duck right off Sali, if you can't be nice just be quiet. She's depending on these "fans" to keep her in business and yet she lacks any ounce of respect or even self awareness to treat them with anything other than utterly disdain. God I can't stand her.
100% this 🙏
She's hateful. The way she and her lackies take the piss out of her followers right in front of them says it all

• Heart
Reactions: 18
In total agreement.

Reactions: 10
Horrible witch!

ETA: just came from a poke at insta - I’d be furious/gutted if she replied to me like that and I was still a fan!

Reactions: 10
Horrible witch!

ETA: just came from a poke at insta - I’d be furious/gutted if she replied to me like that and I was still a fan!
Oddly most people back down and apologise. It's horrible to witness

They just meekly accept their position as underlings

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Oddly most people back down and apologise. It's horrible to witness
I know it’s dreadful, I just never get used to them feeling like they have to grovel as if they’ve missed something and said something wrong or bad?!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
What I don't get is that why brands are looking at how she replies to commenters and still think "yeah I want to pay her to promote our product".

Side note, someone on Twitter recently posted something like "if writing a work email you should sign it off with cheers and your name and nothing else"
Brands see the engagement. So open in reels and presumably that racks up more #engagement. Also reels go to top of suggestions on search page stm it appears.
I saw that tweet. Absolutely absurd. People who have no experience of working outside their bubbke surely engage with services as service users/clients. The way these people have the arrogance towards make such pronouncemebts woth so little real world experience is astounding. Imagine getting an email from your Drs, solicitors, children's school, funeral directors, hospitals or local authority signed off with "cheers". As appropriate as one with a X at the end.

Reactions: 5
Glad I'm not the only one! I totally worshipped her. She influenced many of my purchasing decisions.
Same! If I ever needed a new product I would search 'moisturiser Sali Hughes' and look at her recommendations. I can't believe it now! I wouldn't trust her recommendations now, more like if she advertises something it puts me off.

Reactions: 19
Same! If I ever needed a new product I would search 'moisturiser Sali Hughes' and look at her recommendations. I can't believe it now! I wouldn't trust her recommendations now, more like if she advertises something it puts me off.
2012 was all about loitering in Superdrug trying to get enough coverage to Google ‘sali + concealer’. 2021 is... not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I wonder what, if anything, I'd be thinking about SH these days if her attack on Tattle hadn't brought me here and led me to pay her much more attention than previously. I wonder whether I'd have just drifted away - I certainly would have lost interest in her Guardian column once readers' comments were disabled, and there's nothing about her IG content that attracts me.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I wonder what, if anything, I'd be thinking about SH these days if her attack on Tattle hadn't brought me here and led me to pay her much more attention than previously. I wonder whether I'd have just drifted away - I certainly would have lost interest in her Guardian column once readers' comments were disabled, and there's nothing about her IG content that attracts me.
The Streisand effect at work.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.