Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I've been sure always to smell good even when feeling bad" - there's something quite depressing about that phrase which speaks to the emptiness of product as self care.

View attachment 386596
As for the last sentence- you can do that now, Sali. šŸ™„
View attachment 386601
Anyone tried any of the Escentric Molecules perfumes? I think I actually like Molecule 01

I have it and love it. I can smell it on myself and on my husband who wears it, too. It's definitely the perfume that gets me the most compliments - usually "you smell nice" as opposed to "what perfume are you wearing".
It's probably to do with body chemistry?
I HATE Chanel no 5 on my skin, it's bloody awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Iā€™ve been in a really depressed funk lately and even basic personal hygiene has felt like a mission up Everest. I forced myself into the bath this evening before my body walked me there against my will and got my Korean mitt out for a good scrub. Wow. It was deeply satisfying to basically shed my skin like a snake. Add a leg shave with a brand new razor that I actually really like, a good amount of moisturiser and I finally feel a little lifted. Itā€™s obviously not solved all my woes, but I feel more content this evening than I have in weeks and weeks.

I cannot rate this little green mitt highly enough,seriously. Sorry Iā€™m a total stuck record about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The thing I canā€™t get in the habit of is flossing/interdental brushing - I manage it about once a week and I should be doing it twice a day. The stupid thing is I probably waste more time worrying about not doing it than I would just bloody sticking the bloody between my teeth.

Reactions: 11
Iā€™ve been in a really depressed funk lately and even basic personal hygiene has felt like a mission up Everest. I forced myself into the bath this evening before my body walked me there against my will and got my Korean mitt out for a good scrub. Wow. It was deeply satisfying to basically shed my skin like a snake. Add a leg shave with a brand new razor that I actually really like, a good amount of moisturiser and I finally feel a little lifted. Itā€™s obviously not solved all my woes, but I feel more content this evening than I have in weeks and weeks.

I cannot rate this little green mitt highly enough,seriously. Sorry Iā€™m a total stuck record about it!
Iā€™m glad this has given you a little boost. Itā€™s the little things. Look after yourself x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My eyebrows are disappearing - getting thinner. šŸ˜’. Iā€™ve never plucked them as luckily they have always been the right shape but they are more maintenance now to get them looking like they did only a few months ago. Even when dyed it doesnā€™t last long. Got lines coming under my eyes and best of all, those vertical lines from mouth to chin - you know, like a ventriloquistā€™s dummy. šŸ˜©.
I have some biotin but was slack taking it. Going to take it up again now, along with the vit D of course.
My eyebrows are on the outs too. Plus a I have a touch of trichotillomania and worry at my eyebrows when Iā€™m stressed or worried, so I have bald patches as well as overall thinning but yet I still have to shape them because they arenā€™t balding in an attractive shape šŸ„“. Pain in the arse. Thankfully I wear chunky framed glasses and have fair hair so itā€™s disguiseable (?!) in daily life.

Also, I have the cheaper model Simple Human travel mirror and itā€™s brilliant. It was about Ā£100 at the time (crazy, I know but I had the money so šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø). Iā€™ve had it for about 4yrs and itā€™s great, sturdy, good bright mirror and great for doing my stupid eyebrows and eye make up (Iā€™m short sighted so need all the help I can get as I donā€™t wear contacts).

Reactions: 4
I have it and love it. I can smell it on myself and on my husband who wears it, too. It's definitely the perfume that gets me the most compliments - usually "you smell nice" as opposed to "what perfume are you wearing".
Definitely a perfume that receives a crazy amount of comments when I wear it. Nothing else gets the same reaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Im happy to hear that youā€™re feeling a little better. I can feel myself slipping a bit (read: A LOT) in the depression and anxiety stakes.

I had a terrible time on Thursday evening when I could feel a panic attack approaching and no amount of CBT techniques, rationalisation or even Valium could get rid of it. It also didnā€™t help that daughter no1 was having a screaming fit. šŸ˜­ The only thing that did help was putting on my trainers, going for a half hour walk in the neighbourhood with Michael Bubleā€™s ā€œFeeling Goodā€ on repeat. I hadnā€™t washed my face in the morning (just ran a flannel over it) or even showered. I just stuck on a bobble hat and a mask with a long coat over my black pyjamas and left the house for a bit. It gave me such an emotional boost. Although my daughter was still enraged and screaming I felt I could handle it so much better.

I know well that often we feel we canā€™t even leave our beds, but please try this. Just stick on some sweatpants, a long coat, a mask and a hat and go for a walk with some mood lifting music. I promise you will feel so much better. And itā€™s free!

Alternatively, come here and chat to us. x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Im happy to hear that youā€™re feeling a little better. I can feel myself slipping a bit (read: A LOT) in the depression and anxiety stakes.

I had a terrible time on Thursday evening when I could feel a panic attack approaching and no amount of CBT techniques, rationalisation or even Valium could get rid of it. It also didnā€™t help that daughter no1 was having a screaming fit. šŸ˜­ The only thing that did help was putting on my trainers, going for a half hour walk in the neighbourhood with Michael Bubleā€™s ā€œFeeling Goodā€ on repeat. I hadnā€™t washed my face in the morning (just ran a flannel over it) or even showered. I just stuck on a bobble hat and a mask with a long coat over my black pyjamas and left the house for a bit. It gave me such an emotional boost. Although my daughter was still enraged and screaming I felt I could handle it so much better.

I know well that often we feel we canā€™t even leave our beds, but please try this. Just stick on some sweatpants, a long coat, a mask and a hat and go for a walk with some mood lifting music. I promise you will feel so much better. And itā€™s free!

Iā€™m so sorry things have been hard for you. The one thing I havent been able to achieve recently is leaving the house. I think I went out a week ago with Mr Drag Name to pick up some essentials in town and that is it. This is not great. I keep telling myself Iā€™ll feel better if I just go for a walk, I even got my wireless headphones charged up so I could listen to some music or a podcast on a walk, but I havenā€™t made it out there yet. Iā€™ll keep trying because youā€™re right, it will help! But shoving a travel sized bottle of bubble bath into the tub (Peter Thomas Roth, I do wish I could afford full sizes but instead I just take them from hotel rooms! If I could remember what tr and scrubbing the life back into my skin definitely helped.

Iā€™ve managed to achieve on some of the days, but on some of the days I have been next to useless. Trying to focus on the days that I did, rather than the days I did not. Oh, burnout. Such fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes!!! Come here and talk to us - doing the small things is so helpful.

I also second a walk, thereā€™s something about the fresh air and walking that just helps calm things down xx

Itā€™s amazing how much music can sooth the soul isnā€™t it. Iā€™m glad you found a way to lift yourself up. Helps me too when Iā€™m at my lowest x

Reactions: 5
@ThisIsMyDragName

What is it about going out that you feel you canā€™t cope with? Thereā€™s no judgement at all, Iā€™m just trying to understand.

If itā€™s because you havenā€™t washed and you canā€™t bear to be seen, go out in the evening with a hat, mask and a long coat. The only people you will really bump into are those walking their dogs.

If itā€™s lack of energy, just stand outside in your garden (if you have one) or outside your building for a little while. You could even go and do it now. Just five/ten minutes. And you can chat to us on here while you do it. Breathing in the fresh air will make you feel so much better.

Xxx

Reactions: 13
@GTL Old-Timer and @ThisIsMyDragName itā€™s such a hard time at the moment, Iā€™m on my way out of a pretty low and anxious patch (I hope), but the old mantra of ā€˜this too will passā€™ is such a good one. I listened to a really good podcast the other day which just helped me put some of the anxious, intrusive thoughts into perspective. Itā€™s called ā€˜How to copeā€™ and the episode is about toxic stress. It just made me feel less alone with my own head. I hope you pick up soon, this situation is so hard and everything is heightened and weird x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Glad you got a lift from them. They are pure witchcraft! I admit I was sceptical, especially when I saw their size, but they make my butt and thighs feel like stolen Elgin marbles

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Glad you got a lift from them. They are pure witchcraft! I admit I was sceptical, especially when I saw their size, but they make my butt and thighs feel like stolen Elgin marbles
And how would you know?! Have you seen them in person and copped a feel ?!?! šŸ˜œ

• Haha
@GTL Old-Timer and @ThisIsMyDragName itā€™s such a hard time at the moment, Iā€™m on my way out of a pretty low and anxious patch (I hope), but the old mantra of ā€˜this too will passā€™ is such a good one. I listened to a really good podcast the other day which just helped me put some of the anxious, intrusive thoughts into perspective. Itā€™s called ā€˜How to copeā€™ and the episode is about toxic stress. It just made me feel less alone with my own head. I hope you pick up soon, this situation is so hard and everything is heightened and weird x
Itā€™s being stuck at home all day with three little children whom I love desperately but who are picking up on my stress and that of my wife, and acting out accordingly. All whilst holding down a full-time job. šŸ¤Æ Iā€™d give anything to be living in New Zealand right now.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

Has anyone found themselves laughing and crying hysterically at the same time? I thought that was something that only happened on tv. Iā€™ve been doing it loads!!!šŸ˜«

• Heart
I felt like crying with frustration this morning but ... I couldn't. The tears would not come. The AD I am taking just blunts everything to the point I can't even have a good cry

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Has anyone found themselves laughing and crying hysterically at the same time? I thought that was something that only happened on tv. Iā€™ve been doing it loads!!!šŸ˜«

I did that the other day! I watched one of those uplifting videos from The Dodo about an abandoned dog and started to cry hysterically and my husband laughed at me and that made me laugh too and then I was all over the place. I couldnā€™t get words out for about 5 minutes!

• Heart
The thing I canā€™t get in the habit of is flossing/interdental brushing - I manage it about once a week and I should be doing it twice a day. The stupid thing is I probably waste more time worrying about not doing it than I would just bloody sticking the bloody between my teeth.
I had a wake-up call recently with my dentist telling me I had some areas of gum disease. I'm now interdental brushing very diligently twice a day.

• Wow
I had a wake-up call recently with my dentist telling me I had some areas of gum disease. I'm now interdental brushing very diligently twice a day.
Do you use a manual one or an electric one?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.