Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh thankyou all so much for your dry and sensitive skin recommendations, I was looking at cicaplast and the B5 Baume so will check them out xx

Agree with the vaseline suggestion. Are you moisturising before a run as well as after? Rich moisturiser and/or an occlusive (ideally both) before you go out to protect your skin is probably more important than anything else. Then a thorough but gentle cleanse after (no HCC/scrubbing), followed by a nourishing moisturiser. I use CeraVe (the cream not the lotion, it's thicker) as the ceramides are meant to be good for barrier repair. I'm a runner with facial eczema and sensitive skin so I feel your pain!
Brilliant advice, thank you!! I’ve been moisturising before but not been using a barrier / occlusive so will definitely do that tomorrow. It’s bloody freezing here at the moment

Reactions: 3
View attachment 373280

Are we now putting random piles of clothes thrown over our Pelotons on IG? As always, I appreciate the "nonchalant" bare shoulder. Yes, it's all Hush, but she paid for all of it.
Her heating is turned up too high if she can sit around in this weather with a shoulder exposed like that! (That's if you believe it wasn't just artfully arranged for the camera 😏)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Brilliant advice, thank you!! I’ve been moisturising before but not been using a barrier / occlusive so will definitely do that tomorrow. It’s bloody freezing here at the moment
I'm not used to running in the cold - until this year I did all my running in the depths of winter on a treadmill - so this is a shock to the system for me! I have been enjoying wrapping up and getting out there though. It's cold and bright here so I've been wearing a head wrap/band (to cover my ears) with a baseball cap over the top, a snood, gloves...

ETA just to stay on topic: "I have worked with Hush commercially in the last year, but not here" doesn't hold much weight when she's not worn anything but Hush on the grid in the last 6 months.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I love the wiki tab at the top too
Me too. I just re-read it and do still think it's a fair account of why these SH threads exist and the sort of things we discuss. And I do still think it's pretty appalling that the research involved in that Radio 4 programme and the related Radio 5 interview didn't even - so it seems - extend to reading a simple summary like this.

Reactions: 9
it wasn't just artfully arranged for the camera 😏)
Of course it's not. Never mind you can almost hear the material tearing.
I was looking at cicaplast and the B5 Baume so will check them out xx
Also worth a look is Uriage's Repairing Cica Cream with Cu and Zn and A-Derma's Dermalibour Repairing Cream. The first one is lighter than the A-Derma one. I think A-Derma is the from the same company as Avene, but is a bit cheaper. Basically, any French pharmacy with cica in the name will help :D

Reactions: 5
I would love to know what Sali genuinely thinks counts as an ad?
My understanding is that if you have an ongoing paid partnership with a brand, and keep mentioning that brand it is an ad. Sali has said before she has to be paid *specifically* for a particular IG post (or whatever) for it to be one. She also keeps saying she has to be paid - but I read in the ASA rules that it can be 'in kind' - eg a holiday the influencer is obliged to gush over, or a heavy discount on clothing hem hem.

Sali's other defence in the past has been that everybody does it, she follows the rules more than most IGers and she is only picked on because she actually is so honest.
She probably is not the worst tbf - but it all does seem a bit slippery.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Agree with you about the ongoing partnership @Jelly Bean. And I've just realised, when I quoted her saying "I have worked with Hush commercially in the last year, but not here", that was actually on the IG post immediately before the one being discussed, not the one with the shoulder out. On that one, she doesn't even acknowledge the commercial relationship, despite all of the clothing being Hush; she only says "I paid for it all, though I do get a discount ... Not paid, not an ad, not sponsored by anyone". So, so disingenuous.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Of course Sali posted a smug selfie to talk about the lockdown. I used to dismiss influencers posting posed selfies for serious topics as them just been vapid and oblivious. Now I understand better the covert selling and undisclosed ads I‘m just plain disgusted. Why not post an image of something about the government COVID safety slogans, a thank you to NHS rainbow, or the number of a uk support line for mental health? She has the platform, why not use it to be helpful rather than try and sell pajamas on the down low.

Any brand now mentioned by Sali is a hard pass. If she’s dropped their name you know they’ve paid her either in merch or money. Notice the glasses were name dropped but not the chain round her neck. Given she’s used the excuse in the past ‘taggged because someone always asks’ about that chain but not mentioned it now shows that company isn’t the one paying for that particular post. Hell she’s name dropped stair runners and picture frames in the past unsolicited, so why not name the bedspread behind her? By her own rules she has to name everything or else be harassed for the details of the very carpet her feet touch 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 18
I think Sali is a bit washed up. We need a fresh new beauty editor who hasn’t “seen it all before” I think it’s time for Sali to hand over the Batton. Also all these threads are just alluding to some sort of celebrity. She really is quite a nobody and I want to see her replaced. Also I only learned about this thread when she drew my attention to it, which in turn is a great publicity own goal.

Reactions: 13
I think Sali is a bit washed up. We need a fresh new beauty editor who hasn’t “seen it all before” I think it’s time for Sali to hand over the Batton. Also all these threads are just alluding to some sort of celebrity. She really is quite a nobody and I want to see her replaced. Also I only learned about this thread when she drew my attention to it, which in turn is a great publicity own goal.
Right. I want my guardian subs to be value for money, something Sali is just not providing. Time to move on from the Welsh one.

Reactions: 12
The one word I always think of when I see Sali is the one coined here - brittle
She has really failed to diversify into other writing, the Pool was a fail and there’s not much future in writing about beauty (for her)

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.