Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh it is. I went on there recently and there's a banner advertising her "new" book, Pretty Iconic (out 2016). It's embarrassing for her that it's been left up in that state - the golden rule with any online presence is to keep it updated regularly (even if it's only once a month), or not to have it at all. It's damaging for a brand.
I’ve thought this for years. The site is literally branded all over with her name. How can she allow it to rot, unloved for so long? Genuinely don’t understand. Although, as I posted above, I was told that she was using it as a tax write off. That was years ago, and I don’t know if that’s still possible.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I'd say she just doesn't have the same opportunities as before, there's no events and that sort of thing, and features writing seems to have dried up. We never did get to see the piece she wrote on crisps!
You need to knock one up @SqualorVictoria ! Something about how you've loved Beef Monster Munch for ages, nay YEARS, far better than the much lauded Walkers Cheese and Onion. And crowbar in a couple of mentions of skiddy trolls.

Incidentally, still loving the Icy thread title suggestion, though would love to see "Icy in her Rage, Boiling in her Piss"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Sali needs to get on top of her apostrophes "its lightweight" has she just rehashed Hush's own blurb? And I for one look totally washed-out in bright blue - this is the sartorial version of the red lipstick lie.
Oops 😳 Correcting myself 🥵 her convoluted sentence structure combined with viewing on my small phone screen meant I lost track of her it's and itses and she wasn't actually wrong.

But cobalt blue is definitely among my "need to be sent home from work sick" colours 👻

Exactly, I look like a ghost in pale blue.

Trinny has a great IGTV on the clothes in the blue colour scheme and what shades of blue suit which skin tones.
For me blues need to be nuanced and preferably a bit murky, purply or greeny or greyed. Nothing primary or pastel.

Exactly, I look like a ghost in pale blue.

Trinny has a great IGTV on the clothes in the blue colour scheme and what shades of blue suit which skin tones.
For me blues need to be nuanced and preferably a bit murky, purply or greeny or greyed. Nothing primary.
I thought the same about the the bright blue comment. It doesn't looks good on on sallow skin or some skins with yellow undertones; she's so clueless about this stuff.

She's got the lack of apostrophe right though as it's the possessive form, referring to the fabric: "its lightweight, supersoft but toasty fabric". It was "supersoft but toasty" that stood out to me as not making sense - why would you not expect something soft to be warm? Very PR blurb-y.
Yep being more awake at this end of the day I realised on rereading 😬 which is rather embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
You need to knock one up @SqualorVictoria ! Something about how you've loved Beef Monster Munch for ages, nay YEARS, far better than the much lauded Walkers Cheese and Onion. And crowbar in a couple of mentions of skiddy trolls.

Incidentally, still loving the Icy thread title suggestion, though would love to see "Icy in her Rage, Boiling in her Piss"
"I love a cheap crisp" because of course crisp would have to be the fashion singular

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

What was that recent one that was basically part of an Avon press day and even filmed by the Avon people? What about the Drew Barrymore one where she was promoting her new makeup line? Maybe Sali is getting around this on a technicality, but those interviews with those people would not exist without the products being promoted in them.
I think it was the Lisa Armstrong one where Sali folded her arms, looked down her nose and made snippy comments about the poor woman's bathroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Growing up as a working class girl in the Welsh valleys and being a teenage runaway, I have come to appreciate the finer things in life. There are certain things I will not compromise on- my peleton, my Hush coatigan, Grensons, vintage clothing.

However, I'm a working class girl at heart and I'll never not love a cheap crisp. A spendy crisp is too try hard, too Tory, too Abigail's Party. Walkers Prawn Cocktail is 70s middle class dinner party- I was the girl at the Bowie concert eating every last bite of beef monster munch with a licked finger while brushing the crumbs off my Levi's vintage cut offs. Cheese and onion just clashes too much with a red lip and Chanel no. 5. A monster munch girl is spicy, fun, uncompromising, she'll leave your eyes watering and you'll be hungry for more. One packet just won't do. And like all the best people, beef monster munch is vegetarian.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Hmm 🤔 heard back from the BBC, seems I’ll have to be more patient. Please please please complain if you feel SH program was bias.

Reply:
Thanks for contacting the BBC recently. Please do not reply to this automated email: it is from an outgoing address which cannot handle replies.

This is an update to apologise to you that although we normally aim to reply to most complaints within 2 weeks, we are currently dealing with a higher than normal volume of cases. This means it will take a little longer to reply to you at present. We hope you understand that this is why we are unable to respond within our normal service times.

We will of course respond as soon as we can, but in the meantime ask you not to contact us further and apologise if you do experience further delay. For full details of our complaints process please visit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/how-we-handle-your-complaint.

Reactions: 4
@Disillusioned I will look into Burt Bees Red Dahlia, nice rec!

I also have Medieval (crap), Jungle Queen (great) and Morning Sunshine (good but lipbalmish). Oh and the frog prince one (alright, also lipbalmish)

Reactions: 1
Hi me again…with another question…

The cyberstalking expert that featured in the R4 documentary claimed to have witnessed comments that she viewed as potentially criminal under current hate crime law….She initially mentions sex and age which are protected characteristics under equality of opportunity law (but not yet under hate crime legislation) but then goes on to reference race, sexual orientation and disability (which are protected under both). See At 10 minutes in… https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000n5z3

Anyone any thoughts on this or any idea about what she might be on about?

Got it. At 16 mins 25 secs she says how she needed a nanny when she was a single mum and now no longer does because her partner lives with her:

There's also this, from an SH article in The Pool in 2017:

'I earn more than my partner because his largely home-based job facilitates my travel, late-night work events and stupid deadlines. I couldn’t earn what I do without his ability to be home with the kids, doing laundry where needed, renewing the parking permit, standing at the football matches and booking plumbers when something goes wrong.'

And, to be clear, no-one here ever said or suggested that she married her husband 'merely to nab a free nanny'*. That's her invention.

*from the recent BBC article.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Growing up as a working class girl in the Welsh valleys and being a teenage runaway, I have come to appreciate the finer things in life. There are certain things I will not compromise on- my peleton, my Hush coatigan, Grensons, vintage clothing.

However, I'm a working class girl at heart and I'll never not love a cheap crisp. A spendy crisp is too try hard, too Tory, too Abigail's Party. Walkers Prawn Cocktail is 70s middle class dinner party- I was the girl at the Bowie concert eating every last bite of beef monster munch with a licked finger while brushing the crumbs off my Levi's vintage cut offs. Cheese and onion just clashes too much with a red lip and Chanel no. 5. A monster munch girl is spicy, fun, uncompromising, she'll leave your eyes watering and you'll be hungry for more. One packet just won't do. And like all the best people, beef monster munch is vegetarian.
Pulitzer prize winner right here

• Haha
Reactions: 5

The cyberstalking expert that featured in the R4 documentary claimed to have witnessed comments that she viewed as potentially criminal under current hate crime law….She initially mentions sex and age which are protected characteristics under equality of opportunity law (but not yet under hate crime legislation) but then goes on to reference race, sexual orientation and disability (which are protected under both). See At 10 minutes in… https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000n5z3

That sort of thing would get reported and deleted. I roam a fair few threads, not seen anything like that. I'm also sceptical that the psychologist would even know the legal threshold for a crime.

You may want to go directly to the source for this. She was, after all, the single most important interview for Sali, and she hung out in the sewer!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

My take on that was that the person was commenting on Tattle as a whole - not just the SH threads - even though it was (deliberately in my view) implied that that person's comments referred to the SH threads.

I don't look much beyond the SH threads here, but I have seen comments on other threads that are unpleasantly akin to the comments one sees btl on Daily Mail, and indeed, broadsheet articles about certain individuals.

Reactions: 11
That sort of thing would get reported and deleted. I roam a fair few threads, not seen anything like that. I'm also sceptical that the psychologist would even know the legal threshold for a crime. And if course they didn't include any examples or pesky evidence.
I think the phycologist was being theoretical and the piss poor BBC producer decided despite being the comment irrelevant it suited the agenda and sounded bad so was going in. Of course there's no hate crimes here.

The closest it gets here is on the jk Rowling thread with everything she's commented on. Some comments taken out of context could potentially look bad. But as you say people would report way before it ever got close to a legal threshold.

Ditto the deadness of pillowtalk original, but I love the medium and dark pillowtalk lipsticks (obviously pillowtalk isn't universal if extra shades were added for diversity). I'm NW15 paleish but love wearing the 'nude' lipsticks designed for darker skintoned women, think going for a few shades darker in the same tone is more likely to be flattering.

• Haha
(obviously pillowtalk isn't universal if extra shades were added for diversity)
Completely agree with this.

I love the medium shade for Pillowtalk - I have berry-toned lips despite being very pale (alabaster in Bobbi Brown) and find this incredibly flattering.

Reactions: 1
You may want to go directly to the source for this. She was, after all, the single most important interview for Sali, and she hung out in the sewer!
"You were the most important one because you told me exactly what I wanted to hear"

There's also this, from an SH article in The Pool in 2017:

'I earn more than my partner because his largely home-based job facilitates my travel, late-night work events and stupid deadlines. I couldn’t earn what I do without his ability to be home with the kids, doing laundry where needed, renewing the parking permit, standing at the football matches and booking plumbers when something goes wrong.'

And, to be clear, no-one here ever said or suggested that she married her husband 'merely to nab a free nanny'*. That's her invention.

*from the recent BBC article.
Christ. While it's great that women can earn more than men, I also think anyone who goes on about how much they earn is a prize tool

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.