Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm thinking about this far too much, so should probably give it a rest for a while. Anyway, here's the latest in my attempts at fact-checking/sense-checking the R5 programme…

In response to EB asking how she feels now hearing the video SH says that she put the video out the night before her son’s birthday and that she spent the whole of the following day ‘crying and fielding abuse because of the statement I had made [...] It was just the most painful time.’

Comment: Why would she be getting abuse the day after she posted the video? EB doesn’t ask.

I was only an onlooker then but what I saw that evening and the following day was an outpouring of support for her on Twitter and Instagram. I think her video post received thousands of ‘likes’ and I didn’t see a negative comment anywhere. I don’t know, of course, what DMs she received but I imagine they reflected the support she was getting publicly.

I came here that evening to see what she had been talking about and people here seemed a bit shell-shocked, at first not grasping that she was talking about here, and then questioning whether what they had being saying had been that bad. I can’t imagine that those 20 or so people responded that evening or the next day by sending her abusive DMs. And if it wasn’t them, whose abuse was she fielding? It doesn’t make sense to me.

What seems more likely is that she had been blindsided by being reported to Estee Laundry, by having to rush out a statement to justify her behaviour, and it was that that had been so distressing and so stressful that she was in tears the following day.

It must have been devastating to have her ‘stalking’ in the public domain. People have commented here on how well she has done to build up a successful career from, by her account, not a great start in life. Having worked so hard and done so well, to feel that it might all come crashing down – it’s not surprising that it was ‘just the most painful time’.

She talks later in the interview about how she suddenly became too fearful to go to Paris alone, suggesting that it was the ‘trolling’ that was the cause. But she is clear that this new fearfulness was in the wake of the video – in the wake of having to respond to being reported for ‘stalking’ – not in response to having discovered, several months earlier, that she was being talked about here.

Throughout the interview she doesn’t seem to distinguish between what was as a result of this discussion, what was as result of her ‘stalking’ people and that being reported, and what was as a result of her video.

For example, when she talks about her child’s teacher or strangers expressing sympathy she seems to suggest that somehow, humiliatingly, they had stumbled across the discussion here. Given her social media reach, it would seem far more likely they’d heard about it from her video.

She would doubtless argue that it all comes back to here – which of course is true – but her response to it very much shaped what happened. If she hadn’t tried to track people down to show them they had ‘been seen’, if when that was reported she hadn’t responded with a video that grossly misrepresented the content here, if she hadn’t continued to mention the ‘hate site' pretty well every time she had a public platform… Well I for one wouldn’t be here.

As before, do let me know if you think I’ve got things wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
If there was anything as bad as she makes out, you know everyone would hear about it. I totally agree, she’s just reaching.

Off topic but @Yel who is the person in your profile picture? I understand if you don’t want to answer, but I’ve been curious! Or like another poster said, I’m also just nosey!
Someone more au fait with celebrity than I, or maybe @Yel directly can confirm but I think (think!) it might be Pixie Lott?

Reactions: 1
Swipe up Sali!
Now there’s a thread title contender!

Six photos of her in a coat!! Which interestingly is “the ideal transitional piece” given that only days ago she said “I CBA with transitional clothes”. That was the non-sponsored version, I guess.

Of course noone has to be entirely consistent, but when you claim to be #prettyhonest...

0C6C3161-98DD-4BBE-AF0A-0B301D12485E.jpeg

243A1BEC-23CF-4DCB-A06E-E0551C7ED053.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
FFS, we know she likes to think of herself as Brighton’s answer to Greta Garbo, but that’s so minimising of real disability. And bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Six photos of her in a coat!! Which interestingly is “the ideal transitional piece” given that only days ago she said “I CBA with transitional clothes”. That was the non-sponsored version, I guess.

Of course noone has to be entirely consistent, but when you claim to be #prettyhonest...

View attachment 276220

View attachment 276219
This is seriously groundbreaking stuff!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

View attachment 276220

View attachment 276219
Sali needs to get on top of her apostrophes "its lightweight" has she just rehashed Hush's own blurb? And I for one look totally washed-out in bright blue - this is the sartorial version of the red lipstick lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Found the below article by Dolly Alderton fascinating and something she says in there applicable to SH in so many ways:

"But also, I just don't want to write about my personal life anymore, I have neither the inclination nor the strength to do that," she explains. "Not to say that I regret doing that. I'm really glad I did that for that period of my life. But any desire to do that has completely left me now...
"And I also just grew out of it, I think," she continues. "It takes its toll on you. Living in a way that means that you are constantly looking, in your day-to-day life and in your relationships and your friendships, to find material that will then be immediately put on the page, black and white, presented to the world as who you are and how you live, for that then to be digested, commented on and analysed. That is one hell of a life choice."

Reactions: 17
I was thinking about the nanny comment the other day and why it annoyed her so, and then I remembered she has had a nanny in the past (possibly two- this is based entirely on articles she's written), hasn't she? I think she was affronted that anybody might think she needed a free nanny.
She DID once say that she no longer needed a manny when her boyfriend (now husband) moved in. Can’t remember if it was a filmed interview or in print. Will have a look.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Got it. At 16 mins 25 secs she says how she needed a nanny when she was a single mum and now no longer does because her partner lives with her:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Sali needs to get on top of her apostrophes "its lightweight" has she just rehashed Hush's own blurb? And I for one look totally washed-out in bright blue - this is the sartorial version of the red lipstick lie.
I thought the same about the the bright blue comment. It doesn't looks good on on sallow skin or some skins with yellow undertones; she's so clueless about this stuff.

She's got the lack of apostrophe right though as it's the possessive form, referring to the fabric: "its lightweight, supersoft but toasty fabric". It was "supersoft but toasty" that stood out to me as not making sense - why would you not expect something soft to be warm? Very PR blurb-y.

Anyway it's a lovely coat and she looks great in it, but there's no denying she's gone full influencer when she's having an on-location full photoshoot for one outfit then posting multiple pics of it with a paragraph of rehashed promo material. I'm sure she spends more of her time influencing than she does being either a columnist (once a week), broadcaster (sporadic), event host (???) or author (new book out this year, allegedly), which are her listed professions in her twitter bio.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I noticed in her feed posting that she had confirmed the name of the producer of her programme. It’s Paul Grant, and he has a private Insta account.

Reactions: 2
Exactly, I look like a ghost in pale blue.

Trinny has a great IGTV on the clothes in the blue colour scheme and what shades of blue suit which skin tones.

Reactions: 4
Being a grey/green/olive person I find it so difficult to find colours that don't make me look washed out. Currently it looks as though the only thing that works is pale pinks and salmons.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.