Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so new here I don’t even know how to quote someone but in reference to the post above about sharing the recording.

If she had just had that conversation about sharing the recording with her friend via text then yes it’s still morally questionable using your (quite vulnerable imo) source as entertainment but who would know? She could be a crappy human being in that aspect but no one would know.

She wants to have these private friendships and interactions in public because they signal status (look at me and my famous friends) and reinforce the narrative she paining for her life. Big important investigative reporter, so clever playing this woman along. So brave.
Then she doesn’t like it when people form their own opinions of the little show she is putting on.

Keep your private life private. If you are truly a good journalist you don’t need to be living your personal or many parts of your professional life online to have career.

I have a friend who is a TV journalist. She has a public instagram etc but she posts work related stuff and maybe her in a nice dress at an awards show or her dog. She never shows or mentions her husband, family etc.
Yes exactly this. It must also be quite intimidating for "Becky" who whatever she has or hasn't done in the past at least had the balls to meet with Sali and apologise. That really should have been the end of the matter. If "Becky" really did cross the line in what she has said regarding Sali Hughes then there are proper channels to go through (police, courts etc), sharing her interview with your creepy abusive mate (what's he on now his 99th Twitter account?) and making it known publicly that you're doing so is just spiteful.

Reactions: 13
Could I just say - with reference to @Rosie878's post above - that I don't think we know whether SH has a fondness for EJ. There's certainly information in the public domain showing that SH and EJ's partner IK have been fairly close friends over a number of years. I think SH has even written about going to stay at IK's home. There is also that infamous IK tweet suggesting that EJ was (in his own way) seeking to support SH. I don't remember seeing anything else (but maybe others have?).

I think it's not unreasonable to assume that SH would be friends with a friend's partner but I know from my own experience that that's not necessarily the case. And whatever past relationships may have been, they may now be different.

Reactions: 11
Sali does attract odd people. One of the blokes in her FB group would send similarly aged women members pics of himself getting a blowjob from his gf. Thankful I’m old AND gay!! 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I have spent far too much time thinking about Sali and her motivations this week, especially since I caught the end of the 5Live interview. I was astonished by the vitriol and pure fury in her voice when describing us as sewer rats, and I now think that lack of control over the discussions here is driving her, not anything to do with a wider crusade against 'trolling' (which this is not).

I think a major issue is that she loves to be part of the in-group - queen bee even - and if she is excluded from a group it drives her mad. Her Twitter feed is her demonstrating her belonging to that blue-ticker clique, hence sucking up to disgusting jokes about women and unacceptable slurs on 'Becky'. She really needs to develop a bit more self-reflection and think about why 'Becky' was Googling 'Sali Hughes and cosmetic procedure' in the first place, after all that is why a lot of us are here.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sali does attract odd people. One of the blokes in her FB group would send similarly aged women members pics of himself getting a blowjob from his gf. Thankful I’m old AND gay!! 🤢
That's just so disrespectful to his GF and to the women receiving them. He should have been blocked but gotta keep the token bloke member happy. Gross

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Ive just googled him and it’s in the public domain now so will share a link to the tweet here:

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Sali really curated a safe place for women to chat about lipstick, literature and liberalism

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't know how you could wear that jumper even with irony

It's the height of pretentiousness

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't think I can remember him. Thankfully I suppose in these circumstances! His poor girlfriend. What she must have gone through 😢

I'm glad to hear it wasn't the other man. I would have been quite shocked if it was.

Reactions: 1
I don't know how you could wear that jumper even with irony

It's the height of pretentiousness
Slogans on a jumper scream "I've got no personality"

I have spent far too much time thinking about Sali and her motivations this week, especially since I caught the end of the 5Live interview. I was astonished by the vitriol and pure fury in her voice when describing us as sewer rats, and I now think that lack of control over the discussions here is driving her, not anything to do with a wider crusade against 'trolling' (which this is not).

I think a major issue is that she loves to be part of the in-group - queen bee even - and if she is excluded from a group it drives her mad. Her Twitter feed is her demonstrating her belonging to that blue-ticker clique, hence sucking up to disgusting jokes about women and unacceptable slurs on 'Becky'. She really needs to develop a bit more self-reflection and think about why 'Becky' was Googling 'Sali Hughes and cosmetic procedure' in the first place, after all that is why a lot of us are here.
Nailed it

Reactions: 9
Is that the cue for me to bring out one of my favourite Fran Lebowitz quotes again?

'If people don't want to listen to you, what makes you think they want to hear from your sweater?'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Unless it's a Bella Freud jumper. Then they scream I belong to this social sphere, and I also have no personality

Is that the cue for me to bring out one of my favourite Fran Lebowitz quotes again?

'If people don't want to listen to you, what makes you think they want to hear from your sweater?'
I love Fran :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.