Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know SH isn't seeking out and reading the threads here (I do believe that actually because of what she's said about comments here, eg we continue to criticise her former assistant "on a daily basis") but she's kind of doing it by proxy, whether having seen screenprints previously or being told some of, the worst of or the most ridiculous comments here. In this video from around 23 minutes Natalie Wynn talks about seeking out negative stuff on the internet and likens it to a form of self harm (the term's usually used about people "trolling" or bullying themselves). I'm not saying it's the same as what's happening with SH but re recognising toxic behaviour and stopping engaging in paractices that are injurious to your mental health, and the attraction/addiction to that negativity it's really interesting (if a bit of a tangent). The rest of the videi is ace too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Hi Folks, I’ve been in a cave for a few days but back now. I’m going to catch up with all 20 pages of this thread but I just want to add something here. Have I got news for you? Spitting Image. I don’t watch the latter but these are social and political commentary and based on perceptions of public figures and ideas. Isn’t that what this forum is? Sorry to go so off piste (I don’t actually know if I have because I’ve not been on tattle or socials for a few days). Hope everyone is ok
Yeah - it's like the Kardashians asking for all gossip magazine, Internet forums, social media sites etc. to remove any commentary?!?!!??

Reactions: 3
In respect of the Botox, I’ve seen Sali post numerous times that she gets injections in a few areas twice a year and has done so since she turned 40 or just before she did.
I know you didn’t posted this yourself, but I would love to see the evidence for this.

Reactions: 2
I know SH isn't seeking out and reading the threads here (I do believe that actually because of what she's said about comments here, eg we continue to criticise her former assistant "on a daily basis") but she's kind of doing it by proxy, whether having seen screenprints previously or being told some of, the worst of or the most ridiculous comments here. In this video from around 23 minutes Natalie Wynn talks about seeking out negative stuff on the internet and likens it to a form of self harm (the term's usually used about people "trolling" or bullying themselves). I'm not saying it's the same as what's happening with SH but re recognising toxic behaviour and stopping engaging in paractices that are injurious to your mental health, and the attraction/addiction to that negativity it's really interesting (if a bit of a tangent). The rest of the videi is ace too.
But how can she justify basing a documentary, articles and a radio show on stuff she hasn't read herself?

Reactions: 14
But how can she justify basing a documentary, articles and a radio show on stuff she hasn't read herself?
Well exactly. It should go against every journalistic bone in her body. I can hardly send a tweet without checking sources even for stuff I know. And no one reads my tweets 🤣
But I would have thought a journalist wouldn't be allowed to refer to material (in writing or on the radio) she admits not to have read. She should have been challenged on this by Emma Barnett I think.

Reactions: 12
I've had a lunchtime couple of glasses of wine with a friend who also follows these threads and we chatted about it. And she said "it's a bit much being called sewer rats by one who keeps company with a convicted paedophile."

Bang on the money, I'd say.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I've had a lunchtime couple of glasses of wine with a friend who also follows these threads and we chatted about it. And she said "it's a bit much being called sewer rats by one who keeps company with a convicted paedophile."

Bang on the money, I'd say.
Sali is a terrible judge of character (she has actually admitted this herself on a podcast I listened to a few years ago - think it was Emma Gannon). I think her fondness for John Niven and Eric Joyce are an example of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out. It’s that simple. If Sali can’t bear criticism, why be such a cow to others? We have receipts. We know other women have paid a VERY high price for her ‘trolling’ (using her definition). Also, if you don’t want to be scrutinised & your private life picked over by strangers, don’t use personal stuff as material. Don’t write articles & posts about your sex life, your kid’s teachers, your dead friend’s funeral, your holidays, your wedding - it’s not compulsory to put everything out there (for profit or for any other motivation). She really has made her own bed - it’s not our fault she doesn’t want to lie in it.

Reactions: 24
Sali is a terrible judge of character (she has actually admitted this herself on a podcast I listened to a few years ago - think it was Emma Gannon). I think her fondness for John Niven and Eric Joyce are an example of this.
I don't know much about John Niven except that I've seen him on Twitter and he makes me do this face a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And isn't it convenient how she left out the "mind blowing" stuff. If Becky is real, should she really be playing back the full conversation to her mates for shits and giggles? No journalistic integrity.
Yes, this is all very intriguing. Is it normal for a member of the public who agrees to be interviewed on condition of anonymity to have the recording shared with the journalists friends? Had it been for a TV programme would it be ok to share the footage with friends without putting the person in silhouette or blurring their face?

It comes across as very vindictive and unprofessional and should make anyone think twice about providing confidential interviews to journalists if this is how it's treated.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
Yes, this is all very intriguing. Is it normal for a member of the public who agrees to be interviewed on condition of anonymity to have the recording shared with the journalists friends? Had it been for a TV programme would it be ok to share the footage with friends without putting the person in silhouette or blurring their face?

It comes across as very vindictive and unprofessional and should make anyone think twice about providing confidential interviews to journalists if this is how it's treated.
This is because she's not a trained journalist. She just calls herself one. She's never worked in a newsroom. She writes fluff pieces from home

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m so new here I don’t even know how to quote someone but in reference to the post above about sharing the recording.

If she had just had that conversation about sharing the recording with her friend via text then yes it’s still morally questionable using your (quite vulnerable imo) source as entertainment but who would know? She could be a crappy human being in that aspect but no one would know.

She wants to have these private friendships and interactions in public because they signal status (look at me and my famous friends) and reinforce the narrative she paining for her life. Big important investigative reporter, so clever playing this woman along. So brave.
Then she doesn’t like it when people form their own opinions of the little show she is putting on.

Keep your private life private. If you are truly a good journalist you don’t need to be living your personal or many parts of your professional life online to have career.

I have a friend who is a TV journalist. She has a public instagram etc but she posts work related stuff and maybe her in a nice dress at an awards show or her dog. She never shows or mentions her husband, family etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
@Million Copy your post is spot on. Ironically, Sali says "can they not conduct these conversations on what's app" but she conducts conversations with close friends (and we're all strangers to each other) publicly on Twitter all the time

Reactions: 33
@Million Copy your post is spot on. Ironically, Sali says "can they not conduct these conversations on what's app" but she conducts conversations with close friends (and we're all strangers to each other) publicly on Twitter all the time
And it's always status-signalling desperation

Her choice of "friends" has more to do with blueticks than any sense of decency. John Niven is a disgrace of a human, so is that Hogan character. Creepy middle-aged men who think they're clever and hot when they're not. Then there's the whole Joyce thing. I can see why Hemmo bailed on it

Reactions: 19
Totally this. It's bizarre

And I get that I don't know them. Maybe they're lovely allies in private. But then why present like that? Why present as a misogynistic, arrogant turd?
nobody with any respect for women would publicly brag about “pumping” them. I feel sick just thinking about it. (ETA: and extremely thankful that I’m gay!!)

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.