Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And I can’t believe the BBC paid her for something so one sided - no balance there

Reactions: 6
Reader of - not previously a poster on - Sali's threads here. One of the lurkers she's ostensibly addressing in the FO4 programme (& possibly one of the last surviving R4 listeners in the wild... ).

And to Becky (if you're still around): the shame she's trying to heap all on you isn't yours to carry. Passing comment on the behaviours of those in the public eye is NOT a shameful thing to do.

I've never seen a clearer case of online bullying and (attempted) intimidation. But then I hang around the shallower (clearer) waters of the internet and haven't had my moral compass permanently skewed by living my life on Twitter 🤷
Love that people are joining and posting against Sali's directive.

I so agree with you (the bit in bold).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Becky,

if you’re lurking, please don’t think we hate you. We’re not baying for your blood, nor do we think you did anything wrong.

You’re welcome to come back and join us - under an alias of course, in case the deplorable Sali should try and doxx you (which is a criminal offence, by the way).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She really thought we'd all be searching for Becky? Because that's what she would do. Btw, I'm so sorry she gave you that name. It says a lot about her, though.

Reactions: 17
Never forget. Affluent-looking Becky :ROFLMAO:

As opposed to expensive-smelling Karen

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She just never seems to acknowledge the clear power imbalance - with us, or with Becky. She's the one able to utilise her massive platform and privilege in order demonise people, while no one is allowed (in her world) to so much as question her narrative.

Reactions: 23
People on Twitter are replying with their examples of trolling, for example a woman said she was told to kill herself because she was disabled, but what Sali has experienced is nothing like that at all.
It almost feels like she is exploiting people who have been genuinely trolled with vile comments by pretending she has suffered the same. At worst the comments here have been bitchy (something Sali is also guilty of and to a much bigger audience) but no one has ever threatened her or wished her harm.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
She said "reputations have been destroyed". I don't understand how? Her influencer career is going from strength to strength, she still has the column and is still getting sponsored posts/ collabs left, right and centre. She still has a devoted army who follow her recommendations. Sali honestly badly needs a bit of perspective here. I feel her friends have done her a massive disservice by egging her on
Maybe hers as if you google her Tattle threads are right up there. I think she’s scored an own goal with this documentary.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People on Twitter are replying with their examples of trolling, for example a woman said she was told to kill herself because she was disabled, but what Sali has experienced is nothing like that at all.
It almost feels like she is exploiting people who have been genuinely trolled with vile comments by pretending she has suffered the same. At worst the comments here have been bitchy (something Sali is also guilty of and to a much bigger audience) but no one has ever threatened her or wished her harm.
Right? Sali has listed some examples in the below tweet of conduct to which others have been exposed. That she didn’t include them in the doc is incredible. That she would conflate those experiences with her own? Unthinkable and smacks of profound arrogance and ignorance.

5E01846D-8739-4FFC-B82A-5B913866F978.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
She really thought we'd all be searching for Becky? Because that's what she would do. Btw, I'm so sorry she gave you that name. It says a lot about her, though.
That's the most astonishing claim, really. Why would people on here search for her? To do WHAT?! Makes no sense at all.

Reactions: 6
Right? Sali has listed some examples in the below tweet of conduct to which others have been exposed. That she didn’t include them in the doc is incredible. That she would conflate those experiences with her own? Unthinkable and smacks of profound arrogance and ignorance.
Yes, quite."I have all this better stuff, but time didn't permit" wut

Er, that's not how this works

Reactions: 16
That's the most astonishing claim, really. Why would people on here search for her? To do WHAT?! Makes no sense at all.
Maybe to offer to buy her a coffee as she didn't even get to drink hers during the horrible Sali meeting. Sorry, couldn't resist.

All jokes aside, it's a ludicrous suggestion from Sali. Especially as she doesn't seem to be too concerned with Becky at all "I'll play you the recording when I see you"

• Haha
She's absolutely tying herself in knots on twitter right now, it's nice to see. When your argument doesn't stand up it's much easier to just call everyone trolls and troll enablers rather than actually engaging in any sort of substantial manner I guess.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.