Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Becky found Tattle after googling "Sali Hughes and a cosmetic procedure"? I find it hilarious that the word 'botox' is not allowed to be mentioned out loud, trying to keep that one on the lowdown Sali šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'd wonder what the point of Becky meeting Sali was. She had no insights to offer and just pathetically allowed Sali to flagellate her, even after she apologised. I think the meeting with Becky was pure fiction based on Sali's fantasy of confronting her trolls ("it was never anything to do with you"). I'm sorry Sali and I know you may sue me but I don't believe Becky exists

Reactions: 14
So Becky found Tattle after googling "Sali Hughes and a cosmetic procedure"? I find it hilarious that the word 'botox' is not allowed to be mentioned out loud, trying to keep that one on the lowdown Sali šŸ˜‚
I noticed that.

Reactions: 4
Becky must exist. Journalists, no matter you how view Saliā€™s interpretation of that role, just canā€˜t make up interviews without exposing themselves to huge risk. It would be an absolute death knell.

Reactions: 7
Amazing! Thank you. Some great amendments :)

If anybody does fancy re-reading :)
You're determined to stop me getting my work done!
  • Second para. 'Much Many of Sali Hugheā€™s Hughes's social media posts have been deleted but a small number appear to have been shared online, which while are impossible to verify they do seem to bring everything sheā€™s claimed into question. Much of what Sali Ssaid...'
  • '...have been on the receiving end of;. A tTwitter mob descended....' Not sure my amendment here is clear. It should be a full stop after 'of' and capital T for Twitter (and capital T for Twitter and Tattle throughout)
  • Under 'Do different rules apply...' It's not just relationships she's written about. She has written about each of the subjects she mentions and not just on The Pool. I'd suggest therefore: ' I totally get why someone wouldnā€™t want their marriage, sex life, parenting or friends or sex life or relationships spoken about. But when Sali Hughes has written about each of these (presumably for remuneration) on the now defunct and deleted The Pool it does seem hypocritical. She has written about her personal life in various places including on the now defunct and deleted The Pool.
  • In the part about to DOP, 'Sali appears to be have been part of...'
  • Under 'Deliberately misconstruing...' 'A user on the so-called ā€œdragging websiteā€ Tattle Life used the well-known and well-understood figure of speech that Sali would sell her own children, to demonstrate their opinion on the lack of morals the beauty influencer and writer has. Sali had used this quip comment many times...'
  • Under 'Changing opinions..' I don't think the sentence 'Sali Hughes has been writing about...' is necessary or adds anything. I just mentioned it before fyi.
  • 'After listening to the BBC rRadio 4 documentary mMe and my tTrolls:
  • Thank you for including a couple more really interesting recent posts on the subject. Could I suggest that you put the second one (the one that starts 'So I discovered Sali...') first? I suggest that because it gives the context for the post that you've currently included first.
Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I also think Becky was a real person. But, like someone else said I imagine she was overawed at meeting Sali and fed leading questions which she agreed with. I don't know, the dialogue just doesn't seem kosher, it's almost like it was amended to fit the narrative.

Reactions: 5

Yel

Yeah 38 minute show has some psychologist talking about the ā€œcriminality/legalā€ aspects of what goes on here, but decides not to include, even a sound bite, from the very top barrister in the field šŸ¤”
I imagine it never happened or she didn't get the answer she wanted. I think she was wanting a legal expert to say anyone posting here will get 10 years in jail, when of course people's opinions on public figures that are clearly below decency thresholds would only be repressed under a dictatorship.

Uploaded the 5 live interview to the first post as it's way more interesting than the documentary. I suspect the BBC stopped Sali from saying downright easily provable lies in the pre record, but she went for it on her own interview.

Sali says extraordinary things, like an online harassment expert says reading this site is some of the worst things she's ever read. Like really put of all of the internet?

She's desperate to paint this site as something very underhand and sinister when if you read it you soon see it's nothing of the sort.

Sali also said how she felt sorry for the reformed "troll" as they had to go to their family and admit what they did. As if. So someone had to go and admit to their family that they thought a social media influencer promoting beauty products lost their impartiality after accepting sponsorships and that they weren't upfront about their own cosmetic procedures.

Everything Sali claims people here are I can see her doing exactly that - exaggerating, gaslighting, defaming, lying and so on. The protectionism is really something to behold.

30 seems to be her go to number. Sali said she knows who 30 people are, their location and job then on 5 live said that about 30 people post here. So she has everyonesdetails? šŸ˜†

How dare women start saying anything negative about the underhand way people are stealthily selling in the largely unregulated sector of social media. They should be put back in their box but if they must then they're only allowed to discuss in private with friends. So Instagram celebs have the benefit of being public but anything other than praise should be suppressed? That doesn't seem fair. Lots like tattle because it confirm their doubts that there's something wrong with this selling and highlights the tricks of influencers.

A common line they say is "people on tattle say you put yourself online so anything is fair game". When that's not said at all, tattlers and mods have standards and wouldn't let extreme or vile content be posted. They so often make up downright lies that people on tattle spend their days saying people should die, telling them to commit suicide and posting their addresses. Of course that never happens but doesn't stop sali defaming and saying it's totally lawless here. Although as a mod I'm sure there are some posts that cross a line, but these really need to be reported as this is a user generated site as some will slip through. People like Sali will use a handful of posts out of millions to misrepresent what's posted here to suit their agenda.

What really really bugs them is this site isn't sinister or underhand. Instead it's normal people expressing opinions on social media influencers who themselves probably know deep down it's not quite right. When these people start lying it's virtually impossible to come out well against the wisdom of the crowd. So they have to lie about this site in the hope they influence people to never read it and convince them that it's filled with the skid marks of society. Saying something more accurate like tattle is googlebox for people on social media wouldn't discourage people.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I donā€™t get why she met Becky either. She clearly didnā€™t really want to understand why people are here. Becky fits the narrative of a stupid, silly woman projecting her own problems onto perfectly innocently and saintly influencers. The narrative being that everyone here is jealous, mean, suffering with mental problems, making up lies etc. Why didnā€™t Sali meet a few people to broaden the views of why people are here and discussing her? But sheā€™s not interested in that, itā€™s all around painting a certain narrative. The BBC shouldnā€™t have even commissioned it with an an independent journalist who could have interviewed Sali, social media user and people that have been on discussion forums such as this and come to a more balanced conclusion.

Reactions: 21
Becky must exist. Journalists, no matter you how view Saliā€™s interpretation of that role, just canā€˜t make up interviews without exposing themselves to huge risk. It would be an absolute death knell.
Even if you're not an actual journalist?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sali says extraordinary things, like an online harassment expert says reading this site is some of the worst things she's ever read. Like really put of all of the internet?
Wow. I hope that lawyer never hears about Reddit or 4Chan, jeez :rolleyes: .

Sali also said how she felt sorry for the reformed "troll" as they had to go to their family and admit what they did. As if. So someone had to go and admit to their family that they thought a social media influencer promoting beauty products lost their impartiality after accepting sponsorships and that they weren't upfront about their own cosmetic procedures.
The duck? Who does this?

Sali said she knows who 30 people are, their location and job
Ok, so we are back to GDPR issues, potentially.

How dare women start saying anything negative about the underhand way people are stealthily selling in the largely unregulated sector of social media.
Absolutely. I'm actually quite angry about the lies she's telling. I see she's carefully put out a BeautyBanks post today as well. An angel bravely walks among us despite her "trolling hell"

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I certainly don't see this as a "dragging site", internet forums have existed for decades so for Sali to say they're a new thing is laughable, especially for a "digital expert". There's advice threads and funny off topic threads too, among many others. She's talking rubbish.

I've been on forums for years and this is the most civilised and fun I've come across. I love Tattle. People go to online forums for a sense of community, not just to "drag" influencers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
You've reminded me, @SqualorVictoria , is "dragging site" common parlance? I'd never, ever heard the expression before. It sounds like the sort of thing somebody who doesn't use the internet might say.

Reactions: 21
You've reminded me, @SqualorVictoria , is "dragging site" common parlance? I'd never, ever heard the expression before. It sounds like the sort of thing somebody who doesn't use the internet might say.
I've never heard of it until Sali mentioned it and I'm relatively tech savvy. It also sounds like something someone who uses "internet people" would say

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sali's pieces in the Guardian and on the BBC website, as well as the radio programme, don't seem to have made any impact in the media a few days on, do they? I also note that a few high profile who supported her last year about Freaky Friday - Sam West, Nigella, Richard Osman - haven't bothered tweeting about Sali's apparent troll hell. I bet India Mitford's blood is boiling in frustration about not being able to tweet support for Sali (possibly because of the pile on she'd get what with her partner being someone who enjoys watching children get sexually abused).
I wonder if a lot of Saliā€™s ā€˜powerā€™ in the industry came from being mates with India. Would explain why sheā€™s gone down the influencer route in the past year as there have been less journalism opportunities for her.

Reactions: 5
Yes, she was also asked during a radio interview which current MP she would deselect if she had to, and she said something like "I'll go with the obvious answer and say Diane Abbott" and laughed about her. The obvious answer? Consider everything Diane Abbott has done for her constituents and the country over the last *33* years. She has more empathy in her little finger than this cartoon white feminist has in her whole body. And that's not to forget her crying with laughter on a chat show, along with Anna Soubry of all people, at that impression of her. I'm sure the long and short of it is she didn't like Corbyn and decided to antagonise the easiest target, a black woman close to him who was already receiving more abuse than she could even comprehend.

You can google it, and others have already recalled it in this thread.
And in support, here are pics from a short thread on Twitter.

019629F4-9434-45BB-91E9-58F71779E788.jpeg

78C47BE9-D8A9-46B6-BD67-21F7374D0FBF.jpeg

7D7E492A-B4EE-4E62-A930-EA3FC560625A.jpeg

54B43EAF-1963-4DF1-9955-4E43AF12950B.jpeg

4559E59D-A30F-48C4-A005-3BA101AEE379.jpeg

43B7C607-C832-4010-93E2-104D3BFB727D.jpeg

1FBD19D1-7902-4CD4-BFB8-F461E63CE724.jpeg

3575852D-B4A8-4102-B2C0-2F459DC5B542.jpeg

5370FE73-5D81-4C10-9027-14A414276BB9.jpeg

ETA: when white Labour MPs and their media chums (Iā€™m looking at you Sali & Caitlin, you pieces of tit) turn out en masse to support Diane Abbot as they did when FIFTY white MPs ā€œmarchedā€ to show support for the odious Ruth Smeeth during her deceitful campaign again known anti-racism campaigner Marc Wadsworth, then Iā€™ll believe theyā€™re not racist. Until then, my current position stands.

F8E73B9E-3345-4860-858C-6008DE271B6B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Also, never heard it before.
Me neither.

In my suggestions above on the @LimeGoss piece, I'd suggested adding 'so-called' before 'dragging site'. Maybe better to say 'A user on the discussion forum Tattle Life - which Sali Hughes refers to as a 'dragging site' - used the well-known...'

Reactions: 9
I find the bit about Becky going back and admitting to her loved ones that she had posted on Tattle very sinister and weird. Also, describing her as "affluent looking". What a strange and snobbish way to describe someone.

Yel

I certainly don't see this as a "dragging site", internet forums have existed for decades so for Sali to say they're a new thing is laughable, especially for a "digital expert". There's advice threads and funny off topic threads too, among many others. She's talking rubbish.

I've been on forums for years and this is the most civilised and fun I've come across. I love Tattle. People go to online forums for a sense of community, not just to "drag" influencers.
I think Sali or someone from the doc made up dragging to make it seem worse because they didn't want to say gossip.

I saw this on reddit and seems quite apt:

The use of gossip and snark as a safe space for ordinary people to have a pop at the famous and powerful is millennia old. Athenian comedy had this function, so did Roman satire, so did Punch and other satire mags a couple centuries ago. It functions as a pressure valve and is very important to the health of a democracy. Otherwise, the power is all centred on the famous person who controls the narrative and reality. This is very stressful for the ordinary mass of the demos as it produces cognitive dissonance (viz. what happened in the USSR) - thus the ability to gossip and snark is vital for the functioning of a healthy society.

The libel laws in the UK are now so draconian that this pressure valve can only function effectively on gossip sites. I donā€™t know anything about Sali Hughes but being bitched about is part of being famous and has been since the concept of fame became a thing for Homo sapiens. Using your huge platform to complain about it is also a time honoured tactic but not a very effective one. Iā€™ve never read any gossip forums about her but imho unless there is actual real world stalking she should just let people have their say and not read the threads herself. They are presumably not meant for her.

Although support seemed mixed a some there were calling the sali hughes threads here awful, gross and mad. But that's commonplace particularly with different tattle threads, the Jose London threads call the Lydia Millen threads awful, the scacone jolly threads call the ingahm family threads vile and everyone that doesn't post there calls the mrs hinch threads disgusting :LOL: .Maybe if you just take a glancing look at thread without knowing the background šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.