Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks great. I'd just amend that India Knight is EJ's partner and not wife
Can you also change 360 degree to 180 degree, because 360 would mean she’s come for full circle with her view but I understand from what you’re saying she’s done an about turn and now has an opposing view from her original one?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wonder quite exactly what ‘Becky’ said, how often and via what means.
So, have beef with Tattle people dissing her parental skills (never seen it) but it’s ok for her to do that to people on Twitter - just don’t get it.
Haven’t listened to the R4 yet - did she mention JK Rowling at all, as that was beyond horrendous, whatever your view point.
I imagine the Google search results are a massive beef for her.

This is interesting. What say Tattle’s lawyers re harassment, if anything, @Yel?

View attachment 268365
Hang on a second! Is she saying she had those two ‘most senior’ lawyers confirming she has legal ground to stand on but because of the show being only 37 min, a decision was made to cut off their interviews? Makes no sense from editorial/ documentary point of view.
She is waving the ‘I’m coming for you’ legal carrot 🥕 again, isn’t she? Halloween is around the corner, people, start getting scared 👻

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Has she ever named the lawyers, and have they made supporting statements in their own names?

• Haha
Hi, I've tried to put together peoples issues over her behavior in one article with receipts.

What do you think? Am I missing anything? :)
I do have a few suggestions (mainly where things aren't quite right) but I'm too busy at the moment to comment. Can I get back to you in a few hours?

Reactions: 6
I wonder quite exactly what ‘Becky’ said, how often and via what means.
So, have beef with Tattle people dissing her parental skills (never seen it) but it’s ok for her to do that to people on Twitter - just don’t get it.
Haven’t listened to the R4 yet - did she mention JK Rowling at all, as that was beyond horrendous, whatever your view point.
I imagine the Google search results are a massive beef for her.
I agree, JK Rowling has been subject to the most horrific abuse for simply stating that sex is real. That being said, I don't blame Sali for not touching it with a barge pole given the cult of the modern trans ideology.

Reactions: 19
Hang on a second! Is she saying she had those two ‘most senior’ lawyers confirming she has legal ground to stand on but because of the show being only 37 min, a decision was made to cut off their interviews? Makes no sense from editorial/ documentary point of view.
She is waving the ‘I’m coming for you’ legal carrot 🥕 again, isn’t she? Halloween is around the corner, people, start getting scared 👻
Yeah 38 minute show has some psychologist talking about the “criminality/legal” aspects of what goes on here, but decides not to include, even a sound bite, from the very top barrister in the field 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 23
EXACTLY. There was time for some (very, very badly acted) stilted dialogue, but nobody could squeeze in 30 seconds of a named lawyer saying anything meaningful? Bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Looks great. I'd just amend that India Knight is EJ's partner and not wife
Thanks, fixed this :)

Can you also change 360 degree to 180 degree, because 360 would mean she’s come for full circle with her view but I understand from what you’re saying she’s done an about turn and now has an opposing view from her original one?
Thanks, that's now been fixed :)

I do have a few suggestions (mainly where things aren't quite right) but I'm too busy at the moment to comment. Can I get back to you in a few hours?
Sure, please do as I wouldn't want anything that isn't quite right.

Thanks everyone, please do let me know any thing else that you think should be changed :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Christ on a bike - why though? Why would you say that to your husband? She is vile.
Must be a lot of fun to be sat at home together, talking to each other over Twitter, about some random comments people have made on the internet. I’m jealous.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I haven't caught up but wanted to post the following:

I just read Sali's Guardian article (I normally don't read first hand as I'm just not interested enough), and saw that she said 'I spent most of last year in depression'. I have sympathy for anyone dealing with mental health issues, and I know that many of us, me included, have dealt or still deal with a range of mental health issues.

Sali should definitely be in therapy (I say this as someone currently in therapy). It strikes me that a good therapist would be focussing on helping her deal with people making negative comments about her. I think that would include focussing on what makes her happy, which would not include monitoring or having other people monitor Tattle for her. It would also include considering Sali's feelings about things that are out of her control, and working towards her defining her sense of self separately to other people's opinions. It seems clear to me that one of the rational answers to this problem is not that Tattle, or any other site that hosts people's negative opinions, needs to be shut down.

As we have said again and again, people who live some of their life in the public sphere, whether they intend to or not, need to either adapt to deal with criticism or retire into the private sphere. To make a comparison, it would seem ludicrous for Ellen DeGeneres to attempt to shut down any criticism of her online, and indeed this would be censorship that is not something that we recognise as consistent with a modern democracy.

I've never personally really felt as though reading and posting here causes me any moral quandary. I know who I am, and I am happy for this site to be part of that. I only ever write and 'like' things that I feel comfortable with, and any plea for me to consider that I am damaging others with what I write here doesn't change my feelings about what I should or should not be doing on this website. Many people and circumstances can cause us pain in adult life, and it is difficult to learn that people don't always do what we want them to and don't always consider us or have us as a priority in their decision-making. This is something that as adults we must deal with and resolve for ourselves to achieve a sense of peace in our own circumstances, and it is often not easy.

This may seem callous, but it's not my responsibility to protect Sali Hughes's wellbeing. Likewise, I would not expect her to consider mine. She needs to look after herself; I need to look after myself, and we should both be able to express our opinions, unless they enter hate speech territory.

Secondly, 'Emily in Paris'. I was interested when I saw it advertised because Darren Star is at the helm, and I love(d) Sex and The City. I believe that Patricia Field, the costume designer, is also on board. When I watched the trailer on Netflix I was disappointed and thought 'this is trash'. Yesterday, I was looking for some filler, and watched it. It's not great, and there are lots of things about it I don't like, including the costumes, but it was ok. 5/10.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

I just read Sali's Guardian article (I normally don't read first hand as I'm just not interested enough), and saw that she said 'I spent most of last year in depression'. I have sympathy for anyone dealing with mental health issues, and I know that many of us, me included, have dealt or still deal with a range of mental health issues.

Sali should definitely be in therapy (I say this as someone currently in therapy). It strikes me that a good therapist would be focussing on helping her deal with people making negative comments about her. I think that would include focussing on what makes her happy, which would not include monitoring or having other people monitor Tattle for her. It would also include considering Sali's feelings about things that are out of her control, and working towards her defining her sense of self separately to other people's opinions. It seems clear to me that one of the rational answers to this problem is not that Tattle, or any other site that hosts people's negative opinions, needs to be shut down.

As we have said again and again, people who live some of their life in the public sphere, whether they intend to or not, need to either adapt to deal with criticism or retire into the private sphere. To make a comparison, it would seem ludicrous for Ellen DeGeneres to attempt to shut down any criticism of her online, and indeed this would be censorship that is not something that we recognise as consistent with a modern democracy.

I've never personally really felt as though reading and posting here causes me any moral quandary. I know who I am, and I am happy for this site to be part of that. I only ever write and 'like' things that I feel comfortable with, and any plea for me to consider that I am damaging others with what I write here doesn't change my feelings about what I should or should not be doing on this website. Many people and circumstances can cause us pain in adult life, and it is difficult to learn that people don't always do what we want them to and don't always consider us or have us as a priority in their decision-making. This is something that as adults we must deal with and resolve for ourselves to achieve a sense of peace in our own circumstances, and it is often not easy.

This may seem callous, but it's not my responsibility to protect Sali Hughes's wellbeing. Likewise, I would not expect her to consider mine. She needs to look after herself; I need to look after myself, and we should both be able to express our opinions, unless they enter hate speech territory.

Secondly, 'Emily in Paris'. I was interested when I saw it advertised because Darren Star is at the helm, and I love(d) Sex and The City. I believe that Patricia Field, the costume designer, is also on board. When I watched the trailer on Netflix I was disappointed and thought 'this is trash'. Yesterday, I was looking for some filler, and watched it. It's not great, and there are lots of things about it I don't like, including the costumes, but it was ok. 5/10.
Well said. All of it.

• Heart
I agree, JK Rowling has been subject to the most horrific abuse for simply stating that sex is real. That being said, I don't blame Sali for not touching it with a barge pole given the cult of the modern trans ideology.
I agree that she shouldn’t touch it as it’s an enormous debate but it is still totally related re trolls and abuse. And actual trolls and actual abuse - not people banging on about ‘secret’ Botox. 🙄

Reactions: 15

Patricia Field is no longer with us AFAIK

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Hi, I've tried to put together peoples issues over her behavior in one article with receipts.

What do you think? Am I missing anything? :)

Don't forget Jess Philips sorted out the passport for Sali's relative - Caitlin Moran tweeted to say something along the lines of 'can anyone help my friend who needs a passport renewed in a hurry?', Jess jumped to it. Great use of an MP's time.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.