Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Welcome to the new thread about the beauty influencer and writer Sali Hughes!

Tile suggested by a few.

Sali's long awaited documentary was on radio 4, it conveniently didn't mention any of her awful behaviour apart from a slight mention of her tracking down people and leaving passive-aggressive likes on photos.

She was on 5 live the next day calling tattlers rats and was happy that she made the apparent troll cry because she knew she was right and they were wrong.

Can someone do a roundup? I feel Sali has left me drained

• Heart
Reactions: 26
In response to remembering awful and racist people being kicked out of the group, I don’t (and I do remember stuff like that because it stresses me out). I remember a few differences of opinion and a couple of occasions when people were being arguably a bit contrary but nothing else.

Reactions: 5
I've just listened to the Radio 4 programme in full and couldn't find the bit about rats in the sewer. 🐀

Reactions: 1
Let me get this straight. It’s ok to go on radio and refer to people here as sewer rats. That’s not trolling, it’s not directly landing in our inboxes, it’s a general announcement.

So, by the same token, why is it not ok to be on here, questioning what someone else does,(whilst having never, to the best of my knowledge, stooped so low as to hurl insults like sewer rat)? Which are not landing in her inbox or directed to her on social media. I’m genuinely baffled.

Yesterday someone responded to her on twitter stating that Tattle ‘deletes evidence’. Which I thought was pretty ironic given the deleting sprees that have occurred on twitter...

• Heart
Reactions: 52
And surely it’s not ‘deleting evidence’ it’s removing offensive content which is a responsible thing to do?

Reactions: 16
Let me get this straight. It’s ok to go on radio and refer to people here as sewer rats. That’s not trolling, it’s not directly landing in our inboxes, it’s a general announcement.

So, by the same token, why is it not ok to be on here, questioning what someone else does,(whilst having never, to the best of my knowledge, stooped so low as to hurl insults like sewer rat)? Which are not landing in her inbox or directed to her on social media. I’m genuinely baffled.

Yesterday someone responded to her on twitter stating that Tattle ‘deletes evidence’. Which I thought was pretty ironic given the deleting sprees that have occurred on twitter...
Exactly! How dare she delete her horrible history as one of Twitters head mean girls and then come barging into a conversation in a corner of the internet (which she does not need to visit and does so through choice) and try to silence us. While simultaneously making little threats on twitter. I've never spoken to her, interacted with her yet she is apparently coming for me (all of us). Who is the bully here?

Reactions: 32
And surely it’s not ‘deleting evidence’ it’s removing offensive content which is a responsible thing to do?
Indeed! Yel showed us some deleted comments, none of which were a removal of evidence.

I suppose the actual issue is Tattle keeps receipts. And that’s probably quite problematic for the Twitterati in general.

Reactions: 15
Indeed! Yel showed us some deleted comments, none of which were a removal of evidence.
It's the classic, "I have a girlfriend, lives in Canada, you wouldn't know her" move. Don't need to provide evidence, just need to take my word for it.

• Haha
Her BBC article was hysterical. Apparently the troll who was happy to meet with her (yeah ok hun) was so apologetic and contrite because she was just projecting her own happiness onto saintly Sal.

Ironically, Sali has directed a lot of traffic this way (myself included) than anyone else. Welcome to all the new rats!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Ironically, Sali has directed a lot of traffic this way (myself included) than anyone else. Welcome to all the new rats!
Indeed.

Has anyone seen poor Dawn Butler's Facebook posts today? She's had racially-motivated death threats through the post, telling her that her next move will see her in the mortician's parlour. I know it's not quite as traumatic as people speculating on your botox but I still feel terribly for Dawn.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Her BBC article was hysterical. Apparently the troll who was happy to meet with her (yeah ok hun) was so apologetic and contrite because she was just projecting her own happiness onto saintly Sal.

Welcome. Did you know it was Tattle when you read the article?

Also remarkable how the "troll" said exactly what Sali wanted to hear. Definitely a real person and not a work of fiction. Definitely.

If the "troll" had said something insightful like "actually, we were all just disillusioned fans who were sick of you selling expensive skincare items while being disingenuous about botox" or similar, it might have been believable. Also, apparently the troll posted up until Sali's Freaky Friday video and then stopped. What could the troll have said that was that terrible, so terrible that she broke down in tears? The threads were pretty quiet back then and I don't remember anything really bad

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@SqualorVictoria exactly. Back then I remember them being of the theme “ooh I wish she wouldn’t say pillow talk suits everyone, it really washed me out”

I mean... intolerable cruelty

ETA we might have also said things like “she’s not that pale,” and laughed at how expensive that stupid turban was.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Another thought occured to me- Sali claims that many people have told her nice comments were deleted and they were blocked. But why would Tattle care if the comments were nice? If she's banging the drum of "Tattle just wants traffic" well surely nice comments are also traffic? And many people have been complimentary of her here. In reality, the people who were blocked and deleted were probably trolls themselves

The pumpkin/ghost emoji Sali uberfan person has given us the middle finger on Twitter, I notice. And claims that the mods come and stoke the flames when the thread gets quiet. Weird. The only time I've seen a mod is Yel coming to give some (really interesting) background information. And that other time when a load of posts were deleted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Another thought occured to me- Sali claims that many people have told her nice comments were deleted and they were blocked. But why would Tattle care if the comments were nice? If she's banging the drum of "Tattle just wants traffic" well surely nice comments are also traffic? And many people have been complimentary of her here. In reality, the people who were blocked and deleted were probably trolls themselves
Absolutely! People come on and abuse users, and are deleted, or start arguing with users, which derails the thread, and are deleted. There is a rave about section if people chose to use it, but they prefer to come and start arguments.. 🤦🏻‍♀️ No one posting ‘nice comments’ in the right section would be deleted. The more she says, the more obvious it is that fabrications have been made..

Reactions: 7
Absolutely! People come on and abuse users, and are deleted, or start arguing with users, which derails the thread, and are deleted. There is a rave about section if people chose to use it, but they prefer to come and start arguments.. 🤦🏻‍♀️ No one posting ‘nice comments’ in the right section would be deleted. The more she says, the more obvious it is that fabrications have been made..
This is not really a "trash" thread though is it? People say complimentary things about Sali all the time, some people agree with the comments, others don't. Such is life. The conversation moves on.

Reactions: 14
The pumpkin/ghost emoji Sali uberfan person has given us the middle finger on Twitter, I notice. And claims that the mods come and stoke the flames when the thread gets quiet. Weird. The only time I've seen a mod is Yel coming to give some (really interesting) background information. And that other time when a load of posts were deleted.
is Sali one of the mods then? Had no idea.

This is not really a "trash" thread though is it? People say complimentary things about Sali all the time, some people agree with the comments, others don't. Such is life. The conversation moves on.
It's primarily a trash thread and I am ok with it.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.