Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Ah, this explains it.

OF COURSE “I can only dimly recall lying in my Harley Street hospital bed afterwards”

She couldn’t just say hospital bed, could she?
Yes Sali, I’m sure it just felt that now was the right time to talk about it you brave thing - now that you’ve been paid to write an an article in a national magazine. You’re so very private, unless there’s a pay cheque involved. Hypocrite.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
India Knight is a really fucking rubbish Mother if she has put that paedophile child abusing Cunt before living with her daughter .

I wonder how bitter and angry her daughter must feel?

• Sad
  • Angry

Warrend

I find her obnoxiously passive-aggressive with the #boughtmyself nonsense. Influencers have to declare when something is an advert, not when it isn't!

Badabing101

VIP Member
This book looks great!

Besides Self-Care, another thing that particularly gets my goat is Mindfulness and Resilience training in the workplace. Eff that. How about you stop hiring overpaid shitty bullying bosses, and treat your workers fairly? It's pushing responsibility for worsening mental health due to shit working practices on to the low(er) paid.

And then selling you "calming" branded crap to add insult to injury in the name of self care. "You're depressed and anxious because your boss is a vindictive arsehole? Have you tried eating your dinner really slowly?" FUCK OFF

If you want self care, try not voting for a bunch of money-grubbing shitheels and disaster capitalists!

Edit: Deep breath :LOL: Thanks for reading latest in my series of capitalist rants! Time for a brew, perhaps :coffee:
Oh my god . Yes to this!!!

I am fully entrenched in the capitalist system at work and I can 100% attest to the fact they cover the absolute bullshit of selling more stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff... sell, sell, sell.

Them: “Oh are you stressed? Here’s some free mindfulness training and a shitty wellness newsletter with some crap recipes in to help ease your stress”.

Me: “No, I’m a human and can’t / won’t put up with the passive aggressive shit gently and politely pushed at me/us everyday. It’s the covert sexism, racism and favouritism of not being in the ‘club’ that means average people who have had advantages and privileges are
the people running this shit show and only want to do things that benefit them”.

Them “oh dear it’s not like that, I’m sorry you feel this way. Maybe we should put you on course that will drain your personality and character out of you. Help you to learn to manage your emotions and conflict management skills”

True story 🤣

The system is self-perpetuating. The people who end up being upper-tier managers and CEOs are likely to be personality types on the sociopathic/narcissistic spectrum. Ugh
Yep, they hire people like them, who then hire more people like them and so on and so on and so on.

ETA - it’s a true story but the most recent version is the ‘hey - you really care about this shit, why don’t you join a task force we are setting up?’

Instead of courses on how to be a corporate robot, it’s taskforces to shine a light on the issues, make recommendations and suggestions, actions and try to hold the powers that be accountable, which ultimately ends in disappointment and disillusionment and stress. The cycle starts again :) xx

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Lreb88

VIP Member
The absolute state of this.
I hate the ‘oh it only took half an hour’ attitude as if that makes it a better piece of writing than something you’ve taken time and effort over.
She’s such a naturally talented writer guys, she doesn’t even have to try.

• Sick

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Heirloom lipsticks again :rolleyes: in a "Piece" for Sefridges
La Bouche Rouge are not only lipsticks, but veritable heirlooms (...) Their meticulous coupling of sustainability and high luxury makes for the most guiltlessly opulent self gift.
The language used is irritating (in the whole article, not just this example), your typical capitalism with a conscience crap meticulously coupled with her recycling the same phrases, even columns.
A £90 lipstick, fuck me, what if it gets lost on the train?!

• Haha
  • Sick

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I see nothing wrong with sarcasm. I love it. However she is NOT sarcastic. Sarcasm involves actually being funny. She's just mean. The sort that can dish stuff but cannot take it.
I thought this was an odd quality for her to include as one of her strongest three traits, too...

I'd have gone with thin-skinned, hypocritical and verbose, personally.

• Haha
  • Heart

Badabing101

VIP Member
I hope I’ve done this right! Summary of last thread.

SH’s is on holiday in Greece, she announced she’d had breast reduction surgery in February pre lock down and made an informative IGTV about it. She has made reference to a documentary on bullying she is making.
She’s also read her friend Caitlin Moran’s new book, nothing mentioned re Eric Joyce and India Knight - see IK thread for more info.

Thanks to @Raindropsonkittens for the title 👌🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's the inherent sexism, isn't it

When men do it= "banter"
Women= jealous, bitter, beefy faced gossiping trolls

Either way, she will look really stupid if she goes ahead with this. Unless of course there have been people contacting her directly and making her life hell. But if it's about just Tattle, it will look daft and will make a mockery of people who have actually been bullied

Disillusioned

VIP Member
My comment mentioned upthread. My real name is often misspelled. Doesn’t phase me and I would feel so rude to correct someone else.
Btw I’m also in the public eye (but NOT an A List sleb) and nothing on here about me :giggle:
You’re Cate??!! 🎉🎉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
Yes, it's classic Sali. A blue ticker asks for say, a face moisturiser recommendation, she practically offers to deliver one personally. A regular pleb asks, "check the column" "open up google" and so on
Wouldn't it be fun, in the style of an after school TV special if some "pleb" got the short shrift snippy treatment from her, and it turned out to be a big sleb? "Yeah, it's Britney, bitch!"

tumblr_m0ji8rY9hC1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Also mixing my catchphrases

unnamed.jpg

*gasp* TV special titled "Pleb to Sleb"

Last edited:
  • Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I used to get such a buzz out of buying multiple lipsticks and so on but then something changed and it just felt icky to own so much. Now it's much more satisfying to use what I have and replace when I run out

• Heart