Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
A work colleague was giving away books today at work. They were all proofs. Oh, how I chuckled as I picked up a few. Me, beef-faced incel, once again in possession of some proofs.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think I’m missing something.

The point of mask wearing is to protect each other from the spread of the virus. It’s therefore important to wash reusable face coverings regularly so that any germs on the mask are removed, right?
I may be a beef faced incel who wears the Aldi dupe for Jo Malone perfume, but even I know you can’t throw silk in your washing machine and expect it to still be ok after.
So... what am I supposed to do with my silk mask when I’ve worn it? Go trotting down the dry cleaners?!
I’m sure my washing machine probably has a silk and delicates setting, but I would still rather a liberal application of heat, agitation and spin in order to, you know, hopefully not die of covid.

I’m sure ‘maskne’ is dreadful, genuinely, but surely being on a ventilator in ICU is much worse?!

• Heart

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Via Hepatica
The case is briefly mentioned. Shes 16.
"O’Hagan has no wish to comment on that case in print, though he mentions that his and Knight’s daughter, Nell, 16, is living here with him and Milligan.)"
GOOD! Under no circumstances should a minor be expected to live under the same roof as an individual convicted of a sex offence involving children.

Wtf was Knight thinking?! I would choose my children over any relationship. Clearly she’d rather keep the perv and send the kid packing. Fucking hell. And this is one of Sali’s besties!! JFC.

• Angry
  • Sick

melfish

VIP Member
Well, she’s more attractive than me, so could have the potential to be aspirational for me. The appeal is surely also that she is not a model and so is relatable as a working mum blah blah.

I do agree that her makeup is unappealing in recent photos. I think she’s been trying to hit a holiday vibe, but it just looks badly applied and unflattering to me.
Natural light vs ring light

Curio

Chatty Member
My name is mispronounced / misspelled all the time. I don’t care because no harm is intended. I wouldn’t want to purposely make somebody feel bad because they accidentally made a mistake. To do it again after they apologised is beyond that entirely.

I think the poor woman’s deleted it now but Sali’s still going on about it and referring to here. And then this:

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I really hope she rethinks that documentary on bullying. It's ludicrous that influencers think Tattle is bullying. Oh and also, how come if men talk about say, footballers and slag them off (as they do), no one calls it gossip or bullying?

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
I can barely believe it, but EVERYTHING exists on the internet. Behold, goldie lookin' Kryten!

20200904_083815.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I see nothing wrong with sarcasm. I love it. However she is NOT sarcastic. Sarcasm involves actually being funny. She's just mean. The sort that can dish stuff but cannot take it.

• Heart

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
Does anyone follow any accounts on twitter who openly critique this gang? I’ve seen broken bottle boy. I need an antidote to give my clicks to.

Btw @Aude you have done an amazing job with the Wiki. Whoever you work with or for must get a lot of bang for their buck from you. Attention to detail I can only dream of 😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Hadley Freeman wrote the most awful article about homelessness a couple of years ago and I’ve not been able to stomach her ever since. She wanted us to see that there was more than one type of homelessness, that part was good. The bad part was effectively calling some rough sleepers ‘winos’ and suggesting they are ‘bad’ whilst suggesting those who rough sleep but hold down a job are ‘good’. So very, very damaging to a middle class readership already invaded with a stereotype. Alcohol dependent rough sleepers didn’t exactly write that down as a career choice in school, Hadders. Go learn about trauma.

• Wow
  • Angry

Curio

Chatty Member
Yes to all this! ‘WOMEN - become more resilient so that we can continue to be abusive!’

• Heart

whitershadeofpale

Has anyone else noticed that her column is getting buried in the guardian online?

I used to find it on the lifestyle page but now you have to clink in see more to find her column and it’s not updated to the newest one. I’ve noticed it for a few weeks.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Haha that reads like a Viz tip "why bother with expensive visas and citizenship? Simply change your nationality by spelling your name incorrectly"

• Haha

Whiskers

Nicked this from Caitlin’s thread but in CM’s article about Botox he guesses SH is her friend in the beauty industry who says everyone has Botox and it’s the only way. A shame she can’t be as upfront with her followers.

• Sick
  • Angry

melfish

VIP Member
They've spent the past two decades packaging their products like they were transporting plutonium. This is just a cynical marketing ploy

• Haha