Sali Hughes #20 Private Sali, always on parade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope I’ve done this right! Summary of last thread.

SH’s is on holiday in Greece, she announced she’d had breast reduction surgery in February pre lock down and made an informative IGTV about it. She has made reference to a documentary on bullying she is making.
She’s also read her friend Caitlin Moran’s new book, nothing mentioned re Eric Joyce and India Knight - see IK thread for more info.

Thanks to @Raindropsonkittens for the title 👌🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I hope I’ve done this right! Summary of last thread.
Thanks - starting a new thread seems like a real faff.

I'm including here a link to the Wiki for the benefit of any newcomers. (I think that was the intention - to include a link at the start of a new thread?)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What procedures has Sali had done? In April on Fi Glover and Jane Garvey's radio 4 programme Fortunately..., they commented on her beautiful skin and asked if she had procedures or if it was just things she put on her face: she only mentioned Botox and her ear tuck. ? I thought she also had profilho?
Honestly, this is why people feel tit about themselves when drunk elephant and sunday riley and advanced night repair etc etc isn't the miraculous fix -all it's touted to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She also had something for melasma, can’t remember what though
Yes - IPL I think. I think she said she'd had it in New York (with Dr Dennis Gross? I may have misremembered that.)

I wonder whether (given the last line) she also had/has this. It's from her 2013 Guardian article about non-surgical anti-aging 'fixes':

'Accent Treatment by Dr Frances Prenna Jones, about £250
You know the amazing-looking forty- and fiftysomething actresses who don't look like they've been "done"? There's a good chance they're using this. A practitioner uses a thermal wand that gently heats skin cells, stimulating them into producing collagen to plump and firm the skin. The treatment (a course of four is recommended, each lasting about an hour) is extremely comfortable and, in my experience, very effective.'

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Thanks - starting a new thread seems like a real faff.

I'm including here a link to the Wiki for the benefit of any newcomers. (I think that was the intention - to include a link at the start of a new thread?)

Oops sorry I forgot the Wiki - I knew there was something! Makes a lot of sense to add to the start of the thread, especially when it’s so comprehensive. Thanks :)

I always feel a sense of relief when a new thread is created 👍👍
Me too - it gets really itchy at the end of a thread 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sorry, you're absolutely right- I foolishly used 'tuck' instead of earlobe reduction.
For anyone interested this is the programme:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08bdty5
The question is posed to her at 36:11 mins in. I found her reaction sort of interesting.
It is. And this was after she'd had her breast reduction (which at that time was private and her own business) and says twice "I haven't had any plastic surgery on my face"

She wasn't asked directly about her breasts and of course she didn't need to tell anyone but it's at odds with her IG video where she said if anyone had asked her outright she would be tell them about it.

She was being asked if she'd had plastic surgery and said "I haven't had plastic surgery on my face".

She'd make a cracking wee politician.

She was under no obligation to tell anyone about her surgery, and I'm definitely not saying she should have during that interview. Just another case of being at odds with herself. In the IG video she could have just said that she's decided now was the right time for her to tell people about it.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Surely the 'pretty honest' answer would be 'I haven't had plastic surgery on my face but I do have A, B and C twice yearly which have a semi permanent effect on my skin tone, wrinkles, plumpness of my skin'

Reactions: 9
Greece was doing well with the pandemic, until tourists arrived:

“There have been more than 1,200 new Covid-19 cases in Greece over the past week – the highest number since the start of the pandemic.”

Worth a read: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-coronavirus-fantasy-greece-government-policy

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.