Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever heard Sali say the words ‘I never knew that’ or ‘ I have learnt something new today’ No we haven’t because she never says them because she thinks she knows everything. Real experts and knowledgable people recognise that there is always something to learn from every situation and every person you meet. Sali’s chip on her shoulder is so large she can’t see beyond her own nose.
Thought I remembered her saying it to either Mary Greenwell or Val Garland. Just checked and about 21 mins into 2nd VG ITB she says she's never seen some false eyelashes before. That I remember it kind of shows how rare it is.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember the ITB with Caitlin Moran (1st one I think) where she and Sali were saying women who never go out without makeup must have MH problems. Charming. I think they both got a lot of flack for it. Anyway I always thought it strange how she then loved CT so much who says she wears makeup 24 hrs a day and night apart from half an hour when she takes it off to let her skin 'breathe' and then presumably to put it all on again. Her husband has never seen her without it. I know someone asked Sali about this but sadly my memory is so bad I can't remember her answers. I think it was along the lines of she wouldn't comment on someone's personal choices.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone remember the ITB with Caitlin Moran (1st one I think) where she and Sali were saying women who never go out without makeup must have MH problems. Charming. I think they both got a lot of flack for it. Anyway I always thought it strange how she then loved CT so much who says she wears makeup 24 hrs a day and night apart from half an hour when she takes it off to let her skin 'breathe' and then presumably to put it all on again. Her husband has never seen her without it. I know someone asked Sali about this but sadly my memory is so bad I can't remember her answers. I think it was along the lines of she wouldn't comment on someone's personal choices.
Didn’t CT justify it with the ‘fact’ that her make up contains skin loving ingredients that work overnight, Sali didn’t challenge it. It was one great big fat arse promo for her make up range .

Reactions: 3
Sali recently posted on insta saying she left her makeup bag at home and was without eyebrow product so would pop into superdrug to buy something. But she'd just had her brows mircobladed.

Yes! But she had a complete about-face in her fawning ITBW Marian Keyes, who said she never leaves the house without make-up and seemed a little embarrassed about this. Sali reassured her that she had absolutely no judgement of this and that it is completely reasonable.

Sali recently posted on insta saying she left her makeup bag at home and was without eyebrow product so would pop into superdrug to buy something. But she'd just had her brows mircobladed.
The microblading thing is something that strikes me as being off - she has said on Instagram that she desperately tried to pay Nez Hassan for her eyebrows but NH wouldn’t take her money. Who does work for free???

Sali invented 🍆 as the penis substitute.
Has been using it since before emojis were invented.
Since before twitter.
Since before the internet.
When everyone else were drawing cock and balls on their school books, Sali was drawing aubergines.
She’s been using the aubergine emoji since 2008? I can’t remember when emoji usage started being commonplace but it wasn’t bloody 2008.

So I Googled...

The aubergine (OK, “eggplant”) emoji was introduced in 2010 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She’s been using the aubergine emoji since 2008? I can’t remember when emoji usage started being commonplace but it wasn’t bloody 2008.

So I Googled...

Haha Haha I had wondered that too. She must have done what I did and googled when emojis were launched. It was 2008 on iPhone. So she ran with that.

I'm fully aware that she said it as a joke but my god, the woman is so humourless that her joke just made me mad.

So I Googled...

Please reply back to Sali on Twitter. She'll be furious at being proved wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She would inwardly but outwardly she'd just make out that you didn't get the joke!

Reactions: 2
I just watched the Charlotte Tilbury ITB ..... she's, er, a lot isn she? Comments are turned off I think, presumably because she talks quite a lot of twaddle.

I've started listening to her latest podcast. Her intros are so obviously read out. She should try and make them sound more natural or just do a shorter ad lib intro.

I've started listening to her latest podcast. Her intros are so obviously read out. She should try and make them sound more natural or just do a shorter ad lib intro.
I gave up when she mentioned her wedding when they went to a curry house and then a drag club :sleep:. And she wore a short green dress! Scream! I bet she only had the topic of weddings so she could mention that.

Reactions: 3
I liked the bit when Sali said nowadays we have Indian and Jewish weddings 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I liked the bit when Sali said nowadays we have Indian and Jewish weddings 🙄
She's so modern. Did you know that two women get married too? It's very common in Brighton of course but those who don't live there might never have heard of such a thing.

I like how she said that the two brides make up should complement each other so that you look at them both and aren't drawn to one. Who cares that they are two individual people.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She's so modern. Did you know that two women get married too? It's very common in Brighton of course but those who don't live there might never have heard of such a thing.

I like how she said that the two brides make up should complement each other so that you look at them both and aren't drawn to one. Who cares that they are two individual people.
No!!! So two women have to look the same on their wedding day? Erm why? I live in the sticks so obviously don't understand these new fangled notions. I stopped listening when she was laughing like a drain at women choosing to have their hair in an updo or curly for their wedding. Silly old fashioned numpties.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.