Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So agree re The Pool. By the end felt like it was dominated by a clique of middle of the road, entitled, lukewarm bores trying to be edgy and kicking down at the peasants. Saw Sam Baker on Insta the other day projecting Jo Swinson as a progressive messiah and thought my God, this is actually childlike, it’s fantasy - no wonder The Pool crashed and burned in the real world.

Reactions: 4
London born and bred (v non glamorous bit) - their content had bob all to do with me.

It was so back-slapping and pleased with itself. “Here’s another media bore telling you what’s what from tedious Hove. PREACH. Awards must be given.” Oh piss off back to your Cath Kidston curry house.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It was so back-slapping and pleased with itself. “Here’s another media bore telling you what’s what from tedious Hove. PREACH. Awards must be given.” Oh piss off back to your Cath Kidston curry house.

"Cath Kidston curry house" LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Love it😁

Reactions: 1
SH's podcast this week is with Hannah Martin who I really like. She's a brilliant make up artist (I've learnt a bit from her) and the sunniest person. I remember Mother's Day this year when Sali decided everyone needed to pipe-the-duck-down acknowledging those for whom MD might be a bit difficult (the bereaved, those having fertility issues, those with difficult relationships) and just let her bloodywell enjoy her day, Hannah responded saying she would never feel bad for being kind (I think she lost her Mum and had fertility issues). SH still wouldn't have it and insisted it was about balance. Incredible.

Yet SH may knock (and does annually) others enjoyment of Valentine's Day, national sporting events etc. More sneering inconsistency.

Hannah Martin is lovely and a much much friendlier person than the pious, humourless Chilli Pickle Sali .

She gorgeous in every way isn't she.

Edit: really not loving SH's attitude on this podcast

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing about Sali is that she's introduced me to Katie Jane Hughes and now Hannah. Thanks Sali! (y)

Haven't listened. Bridal beauty seems an awfully niche topic for her second podcast. Odd choice.

It is very niche. I assume she knows Hannah has a huge and loyal following. (She genuinely does seem so very nice.)

Just can’t bring myself to listen to the podcast, though I do like Hannah. Thing is with people like her and Katie Jane Hughes, they are ‘proper’ makeup artists, earning a good living from it. No doubt SH will just talk as though she is part of that world, she isn’t.

Talking of the podcast, the #tag doesn’t seem to have caught on much does it? I tried to look to get an idea on if any good questions were being asked, that would be none. Do they do questions on it? Or is it just SH loving every product, having every product yadda yadda?

Naturally SH says she's done tonnes and tonnes of weddings, been doing it for years. And gets overexcited about Red Lip as usual.

There were 3 questions in today's podcast.

Reactions: 3
Oh yes, no doubt her professional kit, etc. I bet if you tried to hire her (Sali) to do makeup job she’d hit the bleeping roof.

• Haha
Naturally SH says she's done tonnes and tonnes of weddings, been doing it for years. And gets overexcited about Red Lip as usual.

There were 3 questions in today's podcast.
I think she did it to earn extra cash, much like her fashion and beauty/skincare consultations at £300 a pop. Now she doesn’t need to.

When did it come out that she has been shilling for Bobbi Brown? I am still really gobsmacked by that.

(And yes, Hannah Martin is lovely. And really great when it comes to diversity - she had a woc on her YouTube Channel super early on and has featured women of all ages and ethnicities. Unlike Sali who took FIVE bleeping YEARS to have a non white woman on her ITBW series. I really enjoyed the pasting she got on social media for that!! 😂)

I am probably starting to repeat myself but I recall, not so long ago, someone asking her about being a MUA and she snapped the persons head off - she's a journalist gaddamitjanet.

I think she seems to be strongly veering back to the make up side of things - what with all the InstaTV empties, recommends and lipstick of the day. Maybe the journalism's drying up. After The Pool sunk she did an article for The Telegraph, which must've galled her, but it must've been a one off - she's not linked to another I don't think.

A few years ago she commented that she wouldn’t let anyone do her make up , she hinted that no one could ever do it the way she liked, in the way only Sali could say it.

That’s changed because Cher Webb, Hannah Martin , Mary Greenwell and Morag Ross have all made up her face beautifully.

I think she really did rate herself as a make up artist but clearly couldn’t cut the mustard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.