Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When did it change from waiting list?
I checked yesterday and it was on general sale. Numbers on the wait list and initial uptake must have been dismal

A marketing tactic to drum up FOMO. If your name's not down, you're not coming in*

*you can't sit with us
Yep and also to gauge numbers. I'd also say there was an element of SH and cult beauty thinking the box would sell out as quick as the CH ones did. Her comments to someone on Twitter the day before launch about how she had no idea how the box would go due to the times we're in were a dead giveaway that wait list numbers were abysmal

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Something to suggest scarcity to drive up demand. Didn't work though, did it
Sadly not. Even if the box sells out eventually, it still tanked. I can't imagine Cult Beauty would take a risk again for something that didn't sell out straightaway. Given the "wait list" and the free shipping to everywhere in the world, they were expecting this to be a runaway hit

Just checked Cult Beauty and 4 out of 12 CC shades are still available

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Its not even on the landing page of the cult beauty website. I'm curious what the reviews of the product in the Cult Beauty review section will be...

In one video Sali said because she's been self-employed for so long (#at least five jobs) she could never work for anyone else / a manager. Its the truest thing she's ever said, can you imagine her taking instructions from anyone she didn't consider to be a #industrylegend?

If youre asking people to sign up for a waitlist you could just ask them at the same time what their shade would be...
If I was organising a beauty box, you could select your skin type (dry/combi/oily) and your shade (very pale, pale, medium, rich, dark).
It could give you a semi-tailored skincare set, and a lipstick/highlighter suited to your colouring, and then you select which candle description from the same brand you like the sound of. (Would have got her out of the pweirdo issue as she could claim customers could chose which bella freud candle to go for.) Minimal effort, maximum no of customers served.

Reactions: 2
When did it change from waiting list?
When they came to the conclusion that waitlist is cooler than waiting list. Waiting list is more like waiting for a scan, a kidney, something unpleasant and stoic, not this Yippy, what did I get for Christmas? feeling you get when you remove the -ing and order a box with a legal puzzle and a sacred ginger candle.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Catching up. That Vogue piece is hilarious! Total bs. Susie Cave was NOT a friend she asked tvw to make her a dress and Susie does not make the dresses herself, but has the ideas, which others sketch and design, if she knew her she would know that!
Also Brighton doesn’t have a “drag club” but drag nights. She is a lying name dropping, erm curator! Such a try hard its unreal.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Now that's interesting that BBB's response is just 'thanks for flagging but I'll leave it up'. Very interesting. Why would you not just take it down - after all, not only does it show you as unable to read joined up handwriting but you're endorsing a paedophile?

Perhaps unless you yourself have been paid to make the post...? Then you'd probably just think, ah well, I've banked the cheque, I won't take the post down for now as it hasn't caused a kerfuffle, and I'll quietly delete it in time...

Influencers don't breathe online unless someone is paying them to do so. There's nothing special about a box of products that have already been out for donkey's years. They've probably tried all the products already. Any press on the socials SH is getting is because someone paid them to say it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
How is she a class act for sending a link to a product that she is making money from? She isn't doing it out of the goodness of her heart. Honestly some people are so delusional when it comes to influencers.
Especially when it's for sale on the website

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I suppose the pulling power of this box might have repercussions sponsorship wise? The new uncertain future for brands means they must be having a half eye on who can reliably shift stock.

Reactions: 4
Yes silly - stop focussing on the paedophilia part and let's be girly and think about GIN.

After all it is just a name 🤷‍♀️
I don’t know the BBB person or what she is like. I do know if I was her I would quietly remove the box promotional post. Regardless. If CB or SH commented to me about it I would tell them exactly why. Perhaps she had been paid to post, I would still return those funds. My conscience would win that one easily.

I suppose the pulling power of this box might have repercussions sponsorship wise? The new uncertain future for brands means they must be having a half eye on who can reliably shift stock.
good point. In other words Sali’s Box No 2 will be full of the old jaded stock again, a couple of travel sizes and a Rolf Harris annual.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Catching up. That Vogue piece is hilarious! Total bs. Susie Cave was NOT a friend she asked tvw to make her a dress and Susie does not make the dresses herself, but has the ideas, which others sketch and design, if she knew her she would know that!
Also Brighton doesn’t have a “drag club” but drag nights. She is a lying name dropping, erm curator! Such a try hard its unreal.
In the Vogue article she mentions she has her "wedding breakfast" in the Chili pickle. Just another attempt to be cool by calling it a breakfast

And she says that the dresses were "custom-made"- the hem being adjusted does not make them custom-made, especially as that same dress has since shown up on a high number of blue tickers

• Haha
Down the line guys, I can see Sali's beauty box thrown amongst a heap of other discontinued goods in TK Maxx.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Did Caroline's sell out instantly? Have CB decided to do a box with SH because CH started doing it herself? (I think it was mentioned somewhere that Caroline arranges them herself and doesn't involve CB any more though I may be wrong!)

I think it’s good that Jane (BBB) left it up because if she’d taken the post down, the comments would have gone too. She could have deleted them but she didn’t. She’s usually pretty ethical by the look of it.

Reactions: 6
It’s traditional to call your wedding meal ‘breakfast‘ - even if it’s a buffet in the parish centre, doesn’t matter what time it is either.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.