Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I know is that, last time I looked (after this box was launched), the 5 pack of the pads was listed in the ‘Mini’s’ section on the Cult Beauty website 😂
Then I suggest they get their legal team’s finest minds onto that pronto. Or Sali’s if they’re reining things in.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wonder why she even started mentioning legal terms? Sucks all the joy out of what should be a fun light-hearted venture.
And when I worked in retail (Saturday job in the local deli donkey's years ago but it still counts) it was drummed into us the customer is king. You might think a customer is an absolute twit but you don't argue with them and tell them they are wrong. There are ways and means of handling people politely.

Reactions: 12
I wonder why she even started mentioning legal terms? Sucks all the joy out of what should be a fun light-hearted venture.
And when I worked in retail (Saturday job in the local deli donkey's years ago but it still counts) it was drummed into us the customer is king. You might think a customer is an absolute twit but you don't argue with them and tell them they are wrong. There are ways and means of handling people politely.
Same here. I worked in a supermarket while I was at uni and time and time again we were told that "The customer is always right".

Reactions: 4
Erm, she’s the one that made a big deal about every single product being a full size, so no need to get snippy and all ‘legal’ when people start questioning it.

All I know is that, last time I looked (after this box was launched), the 5 pack of the pads was listed in the ‘Mini’s’ section on the Cult Beauty website 😂
It's like Python's argument clinic...

Reactions: 6
I'm disgusted by her ignoring the obvious message that the pads are not what buyers expected based on the description. Legal or not. So you tricked people legally. Well done.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I just can’t get my head round her saying ‘ I don’t want to argue with you’ to someone who is corresponding with her over something she’s selling. She thinks she doing people a favour by ‘curating’ (cult beauty dead stock) a box.
It’s so unprofessional and snippy.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Hemmo! I've always liked her writing, she's funny and vulnerable and real. Would love to know what happened there but I can imagine🤤

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The pads are a full travel size. They are not a full regular size box of those pads. Many brands have started selling travel size products it does not mean it is the full regular size...

• Heart
Her answer "small size is the full size" is something a man would try to convince you of. 🍆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh dear. So the candle is contentious, the 🐌 cream is, and now the mini legally full size pads are. That is 50% of the box.
Brilliant.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I read some comments earlier, and somebody actually suggested to just choose any shade of the CC cream because even if it isn't used the box is still great value 🤷🏻‍♀️ Who are these people!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
If you ever suffer from imposter syndrome, just read this and remember that it was written by a working journalist:

View attachment 129785
SH did a magazine article on imposter syndrome. You can find it on her old website salihughes.com via the wayback machine.
What she’s admitting is that she used clever legal/marketing wording to trick people into thinking they were getting what they believed to be (to us regular punters) a full sized product... Nice way to treat folks
Same as with the snail slime cc cream and definition of cruelty free.
The pads are a full travel size. They are not a full regular size box of those pads. Many brands have started selling travel size products it does not mean it is the full regular size...
She said on her video "reveal" no minis, no travel size, no samples or something similar.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I'm disgusted by her ignoring the obvious message that the pads are not what buyers expected based on the description. Legal or not. So you tricked people legally. Well done.
Exactly. She appears to have mislead people as to the size of the product with her choice of words, to which she has now more or less admitted. She must feel really good about herself getting one over on her loyal followers.

Thread title contender!
Or, when is a full size not a full size? When it’s a Sali full size!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.