Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate Moss is the antithesis of Sali. She truly does not give a crap and is completely at ease in her own skin. She also doesn't force her opinions on people, have social media accounts and on and on.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just checked Cult Beauty and the box is still available (a few of the lighter shades are sold out though). I thought that it was by email only but it's available for general sale on the site

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't think she has the broad appeal she thinks she does. Caroline is a gobshite but she is across all socials and age groups. Sali's reach is quite small now, and this has just highlighted. She's nothing more than a glorified panel host now.

Reactions: 8
I don't think she has the broad appeal she thinks she does. Caroline is a gobshite but she is across all socials and age groups. Sali's reach is quite small now, and this has just highlighted. She's nothing more than a glorified panel host now.
Also if the shade you want in the CC cream is not available why would you buy the box? Not well thought through IMO.

i wonder if Tattle will somehow be blamed
And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids women against the romanticisation of paedophiles!

(PS was watching a davin lim video, niacinamide serum costs 50p to produce sells for £5, so you can imagine the drunk elephant markup. the ordinary founder Brandon Truaxe did so much to democratise good skincare and knowledge about it, the video mentioned that his next deciem projects were tackling medical skincare problems like acne scarring. Imagine the impact if his life hadn't been cut short)

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Kate Moss is the antithesis of Sali. She truly does not give a crap and is completely at ease in her own skin. She also doesn't force her opinions on people, have social media accounts and on and on.
Absolutely. duck Ginsberg. Kate Moss is God!

Reactions: 2
I think it was assumed by Cult Beauty that the SH name would be enough to make the box an instant sell out, just like the Caroline Hiron boxes.

Speaking objectively, the CH boxes/ spring kits have appealed but the SH one doesn't at all. The candle, the makeup (as someone pointed out earlier, if your shade is sold out, you won't bother with the box), the travel size Dennis Gross acid pads, the small Ordinary cleanser, it was all just very poorly thought out

Last edited:
I think it was assumed by Cult Beauty that the SH name would be enough to make the box an instant sell out, just like the Caroline Hiron boxes.

Speaking objectively, the CH boxes/ spring kits have appealed but the SH one doesn't at all. The candle, the makeup (as someone pointed out earlier, if your shade is sold out, you won't bother with the box), the travel size Dennis Gross acid pads, the small Ordinary cleanser, it was all just very poorly thought out
The shades running out was quite a big flaw really. As you say there wasn't enough in the rest of the box to make up for that. It boiled down to a couple of decent products - which obviously you would just purchase separately.
I am puzzled by that box. For all Sali saying it was curated for over a year I don't get that it was authentically her taste at all. I don't follow her on IG much but she surely has other favourites she uses more than some of the eccentric choices she made here? It just seems a collection of quite random stuff.
Maybe Cult Beauty only allow certain products to be used in these boxes? I've no idea.

It puzzles me too, @Jelly Bean . The DE moisturiser in the box isn’t even the one she said she liked best (Lala Retro). I only know this because her moisturiser recs tend to work for my skin, not because of Deep Research. It’s such an incoherent collection.

Reactions: 4
The shades running out was quite a big flaw really. As you say there wasn't enough in the rest of the box to make up for that. It boiled down to a couple of decent products - which obviously you would just purchase separately.
I am puzzled by that box. For all Sali saying it was curated for over a year I don't get that it was authentically her taste at all. I don't follow her on IG much but she surely has other favourites she uses more than some of the eccentric choices she made here? It just seems a collection of quite random stuff.
Maybe Cult Beauty only allow certain products to be used in these boxes? I've no idea.
I think she overthought it, if she was considering it for a year...

It sounds like CH herself buys, packs and ships the kits, so she's taking the risk on unsold products (this is why I don't actually trust anything CH says about demand/numbers/amounts of 'press samples'/whether they've run out).

SH's deal sounds more like an endorsement where she'll get X amount per box sold, but doesn't do anything more than a few posts, so CB take the risk - hence the faffy 'waitlist' step to judge how many were needed. If it's an endorsement deal, SH won't have free choice of products, she'll be given a list to pick from (ie what is unsold in CB's warehouse). That's why it's more a 'lucky dip' style selection rather than 'a kit'.

It would have made more sense to have a tiny candle and full size DG acid pads, for example, but I imagine the pweirdo candles had been l languishing for a while, ditto the cc cream, and the box was built around them.

As I said I don't see her IG much but it struck me that over the course of a year you would think she would have used the box products a bit more often - to create a bit of a buzz and hype around them. Then as you say, the whole thing would appear a lot more coherent. (Maybe she did and I missed it).
I had a quick look at Caroline Hirons FB group just now to see their thoughts. A few people have ordered it (as they couldn't get the CH one 😂 ) but lukewarm I would say. A lot of people put off by the candle and CC cream. Only interested in the oil - which you can just get separately.

Reactions: 4
As I said I don't see her IG much but it struck me that over the course of a year you would think she would have used the box products a bit more often - to create a bit of a buzz and hype around them. Then as you say, the whole thing would appear a lot more coherent. (Maybe she did and I missed it).
I had a quick look at Caroline Hirons FB group just now to see their thoughts. A few people have ordered it (as they couldn't get the CH one 😂 ) but lukewarm I would say. A lot of people put off by the candle and CC cream. Only interested in the oil - which you can just get separately.
She said she would be posting stories on the individual products but she never did. Maybe the low wait list numbers put her off?

Reactions: 1
If you’re arguing about the definition of a pack size, you’re missing the point.
I’m almost certain there’s no legal side to this either - so long as the packaging isn’t misleading about the contents and it has a barcode you can sell it and call it whatever the hell you like (whereas true ‘sample’ sizes frequently won’t have a barcode)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.