Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh dear, looks like SH is a little out of practice on the writing front. "And" would have been better than "which" unless she means the novel ticks promises to tick all her boxes?
20200510_145332.jpg

Think you want "meaning" there, Sal, not "means".

20200510_145315.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lose "these", it sounds like you're on about two writers created by Addison and Blackwell instead of the show they created.
Also, knowing "how people tick" is not a thing, it's knowing what makes people do so.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Long time lurker, first time poster, Ex SH fan - I do not believe a single endorsement these days.

Isn’t Sali’s article just an ad for Now TV? But sure, she’s a *journalist*.

‘Hey, Sali. Will you pretend to have an opinion on something for money?’ 🤑

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Sali word bingo:
Disapprove
Conflate
Dozens
Broadly
Literally/literal
Extensive
State
Bin
Reductive
Context
Brutal
Lush

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Lose "these", it sounds like you're on about two writers created by Addison and Blackwell instead of the show they created.
Also, knowing "how people tick" is not a thing, it's knowing what makes people do so.
Chris Addison is another of her good friends I think.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Long time lurker, first time poster, Ex SH fan - I do not believe a single endorsement these days.

Isn’t Sali’s article just an ad for Now TV? But sure, she’s a *journalist*.

‘Hey, Sali. Will you pretend to have an opinion on something for money?’ 🤑
I had a look at Red in the supermarket earlier, the column is a Red/Now TV promotion (can't remember the exact wording). The column was on crime shows, SH recommended a little known series called The Jinx, available to watch on Now TV.
There was her pick of crime films, all available on Now TV (I've completely forgotten what the three were).

Chris Addison is another of her good friends I think.
And Blackwell is a twitter friend at least.

Reactions: 5
She is the Advertorial Queen now. Up there with sardine-shillers.

CF9BAEC2-8C97-470B-B157-2AB4CD982482.jpeg

Which would be fine, if she had been #prettyhonest all along.

#PaidPartnership #AdvertisingFeature #SponsoredContent

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Sali's got a new writing gig. Columnist at Red.

Cripes! Sali's not shying away from being controversial! Red Magazine may come to regret this hire.
I'm actually cringing for her. What was the point of that at all?
I've only ever seen her talking about and asking for recommendations on Netflix anyway.

The Jeffree Starr/Estée Lauder thing was interesting - these oh so casual favourable mentions of brands are it seems a lot more regulated than it might appear - Esther Walker said as much didn't she?

Reactions: 8
I'm actually cringing for her. What was the point of that at all?
must admit I did too. If that is being classed as a column, journalism is dead in the water. Her writing has never been skilled in any way but that is atrocious.

Hmm would EL ask all their influencers to do this too?
pretty sure that will be standard practice. What was that Sali was saying about her integrity?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.