Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the whole story of Kate just popping into the shop and buying the jumper hilarious. She has a Lucien Freud tattoo on her back. They were pals. He painted her nude. As if she just went into a shop to buy his daughters jumper. ***cough*** set up for the paps ***cough***
No one would of worn that tit of it wasn’t for Kate.

Reactions: 16
I assume Dennis Gross must know where the bodies are buried or something, because every influencer hypes those (wasteful) exfoliating pads, and they give me awful cystic spots. My skin isn’t sensitive or anything. Same with the Zelens pads.

I’m so negative, sorry 😂.
Anyone remember when SH used to go on about how wasteful using cotton wool was, like some holier than thou eco warrior? Look at her now, digging herself out of a pile of Drunk Elephant plastic pots and bleeping spatulas! 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The horrible candle, the cruelty free 🐌 stuff, the £5 Ordinary cleanser and the incredibly stingey Dennis Gross pads. Over half the products are problematic.
Don't forget the Biossance squalane oil + vitc thingy rrp £61 for 30ml... totally overpriced when she could have included the Ordinary squalane oil rrp £5.50 for 30ml.

Reactions: 6
Given her passion and knowledge for fragrance, it would have made more sense to create her own limited edition candle for the box, rather than a candle that's been knocking around for years with a problematic name.

Reactions: 15
Don't forget the Biossance squalane oil + vitc thingy rrp £61 for 30ml... totally overpriced when she could have included the Ordinary squalane oil rrp £5.50 for 30ml.
Or if anyone's interested in a squalane oil + vit C, I really like the one by Garden of Wisdom (from Victoria Health) called C-Deep Vitamin C Serum. £18 for 30ml.

Reactions: 8
If candle scandal gets on your wick, it’s just a name, like a blue tick.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I was going to say on her tweet about eyesight something I heard, but will put it here as someone she knows might read it and pass it on, who knows 🤷‍♀️ .
I read an interesting article about how it is the first time ever that young people's eyesight is worse than the previous generation's. The reason is not as simple as just increased screen time, which is what was at first thought, but a sort of by product. It is the fact that they don't vary their focal length enough ie look into the distance regularly. You can imagine a child in school studying, then at home doing homework and then on their phone for hours is different to when more children played outside.
So I presume it is possible during this lockdown for vision to deteriorate as for days on end your vision extends to your nearest wall with occasional glances outside.
The advice is to regularly focus on distant and middle distant objects for a couple of minutes instead of close objects all the time - every half hour or so if possible.
Not sure if this can mend deteriorating vision - but it can help prevent it.

Free advice courtesy of Dr Tattle 👩‍⚕️

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was going to say on her tweet about eyesight something I heard, but will put it here as someone she knows might read it and pass it on, who knows 🤷‍♀️ .
I read an interesting article about how it is the first time ever that young people's eyesight is worse than the previous generation's. The reason is not as simple as just increased screen time, which is what was at first thought, but a sort of by product. It is the fact that they don't vary their focal length enough ie look into the distance regularly. You can imagine a child in school studying, then at home doing homework and then on their phone for hours is different to when more children played outside.
So I presume it is possible during this lockdown for vision to deteriorate as for days on end your vision extends to your nearest wall with occasional glances outside.
The advice is to regularly focus on distant and middle distant objects for a couple of minutes instead of close objects all the time - every half hour or so if possible.
Not sure if this can mend deteriorating vision - but it can help prevent it.

Free advice courtesy of Dr Tattle 👩‍⚕️
This is really interesting! I wear glasses for focus when looking at screens and my optometrist is very keen on my practicing those exercises where you look away from the screen off in the distance and back again etc. Like the ones here: https://www.healthline.com/health/eye-health/eye-exercises

Also can confirm Sali isn't blocking people who question the Freud candle.

Reactions: 3
Friends recently returned from a posting in Saudi report the same thing re eye health in their kids — they spent so much time indoors, out of sun/heat looking at screens that they’re both now wearing glasses, for exactly the focal distancing reasons described above. Optometrist said it was a growing problem, and something like a 25% increase in myopia worldwide in this generation is expected for this reason 🤓

I fear the Jack Monroe thread speed reads are having the same effect on me...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Friends recently returned from a posting in Saudi report the same thing re eye health in their kids — they spent so much time indoors, out of sun/heat looking at screens that they’re both now wearing glasses, for exactly the focal distancing reasons described above. Optometrist said it was a growing problem, and something like a 25% increase in myopia worldwide in this generation is expected for this reason 🤓

I fear the Jack Monroe thread speed reads are having the same effect on me...
My optician told me similar. My eyes started decline in my late 20’s. He asked me about my childhood and how I spent my 12-16 years. I told him, mainly in my room reading. He was like bingo. I now force my child outside for air and natural light all the time. ‘Think of your eyes darling, your eyes’

Reactions: 5
Morning all, is everyone dressing for Leonard this morning?
If Leonard likes sourdough starter splattered t shirts and yesterday’s slightly grim shorts for a morning house blitzing session, then ... sure ! 😘

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
My optician told me similar. My eyes started decline in my late 20’s. He asked me about my childhood and how I spent my 12-16 years. I told him, mainly in my room reading. He was like bingo. I now force my child outside for air and natural light all the time. ‘Think of your eyes darling, your eyes’
Yes I was that young person too - reading all the time and not going outside. I presume some is genetic - but it does seem quite a lot can be prevented or lessened or slowed down by, as you say, natural light and staring into the distance on a regular basis 🤓.

Reactions: 2
The candle situation reeks of pseudo intellectual, fake sophistication. Knowing enough to think it sounds cool, French & edgy (plus St Kate’s blessing), without actually knowing what the f*ck she’s promoting or doing her homework. Lazy, careless & pretentious.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Another column on the idea of "saving brands", (this week nails) even though she says sales are up by a quarter, so are unlikely to need saving.🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Another column on the idea of "saving brands". This week nails *yawn*
Supporting the Nail Inc “empire” may not be first thing on many people’s minds right now.

She’s still going with the ‘everyone’s got sooo much time on their hands’ line (amazed she missed that tit pun!)

D81CF1CC-68CA-4ED8-9FE2-7F5031960C06.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Okay enough with this guilt trip BS. I do feel terribly bad for every business that has suffered as a result but we've all got enough on our plate and enough worries of our own to contend with, now we're being expected to save the restaurant, hair and nails industries. What industry will be mentioned next week?

I get that it's going to be difficult to write a beauty column in such unprecedented times but here's a novel idea- why not write a journalistic beauty column that doesn't involve shilling/ telling people to buy more stuff/ guilt tripping

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
She’s totally bypassing the fact that the people who may have more time on their hands (big may) have been sacked or furloughed. So they don’t have the money to spend. She’s so out of touch and up her own arse it’s ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.