Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bella Freud’s story on how the Ginsberg slogan came about appears to be utterly random and superficial. How it got all the way to sale is inexplicable.

Sali was quacking on about the candles years ago - she must have since become aware of why celebrating Ginsberg is offensive and wrong.

Btw, Bella Freud’s website is full of the most hideous self-indulgent twaddle... “a New York intellectual called Richard...” 😂🤮

C204540D-3F67-4396-B369-E1495810DC63.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Bella Freud’s story on how the Ginsberg slogan came about appears to be utterly random and superficial. How it got all the way to sale is inexplicable.

Sali was quacking on about the candles years ago - she must have since become aware of why celebrating Ginsberg is offensive and wrong.

Bella Freud’s website is full of the most hideous self-indulgent twaddle... “a New York intellectual called Richard...” 😂🤮

View attachment 125460
Blimey that is atrocious - like a dull adolescent stream of consciousness. And you would think she could spell tomorrow.
I had a look at her website yesterday - Emporer's new clothes sprang to mind, as in 'are these things meant to look a bit tit'?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Either I've got magic fingers or 'that' candle isn't on the Cult Beauty website any more?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
All those candles by BF look like tit GCSE projects. Look like they are done with tippex!
Not even GCSE. I remember painting jam jars like that and putting a tealight in them when I was in Brownies. I was about 8 at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The most tone deaf coopting of feminism I've seen in a while.

So Bella Freud's niece is bestselling feminist author* Scarlett Curtis. When is Auntie Bell gonna get a thought piece?

*got a newspaper column as a teenager from her family connections, then "curated" a book of feminist articles

Attachments

• Wow

Btw, Bella Freud’s website is full of the most hideous self-indulgent twaddle... “a New York intellectual called Richard...” 😂🤮

View attachment 125460
She's got the spelling of tomorrow wrong there, maybe the New York intellectual could have given her a dictionary.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wow.
Weinstein. Saville. Just surnames that trigger their victims and anyone who experienced similar abuse to those fuckers. Just surnames.

I still jolt whenever my laptop autocorrects a start-up term to the name of someone who assaulted me years ago. Just names.

"Just a surname" as it fits her current agenda..

I dunno if I'm being super picky but RBGs surname is spelt differently. So having to change the meaning of a candle as they are a weirdo to honour someone else whose name is spelt differently kinda shows the candle should not be a thing..
RGB deserves better than to be a get out excuse for a pweirdo absolver.

Have also heard pretty fucked up things about Lucian Freud's relationship to younger women.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
"Just a surname" as it fits her current agenda..

I dunno if I'm being super picky but RBGs surname is spelt differently. So having to change the meaning of a candle as they are a weirdo to honour someone else whose name is spelt differently kinda shows the candle should not be a thing..
That is beyond disingenuous. Really craven. Hiding behind ‘It’s a film quote’. Yes, and...? It’s still deifying a pweirdo.

Plus the film is the one Bella Freud was involved with - a conscious choice to take that line, commodify it and profit from it. Yuk.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Does anyone know what the film reference is she's on about?
This, I assume:

• Sick
Reactions: 1
She’s been working hard on the comments regarding the box , must be hard for her to not want to snip with her usual brusque tone at the few critical comments.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just a name. duck me.

Incredible when names, or her own name, is so important. It doesn't get brushed over when someone does something as trivial (in comparrison) as spelling her name incorrectly.

Reactions: 21
Does anyone know what the film reference is she's on about?
Hideous Man

After doing some deep research, I found a blog post here with quotes from Bella Freud.

This is where Sali's disingenous Salilogic comes in - it's a quote from a film, yes, but it's still about that Ginsberg.

Also - massive LOL at calling the beauty box cruelty-free when the CC cream contains snail secretion filtrate - it's the secretion released when the snail is stressed or injured and harvested by poking them with sticks or feeding them salted water. Do that to a human, ta da! It's not cruelty-free.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Don't forget putting them on a metal grille and running a current through it. Cruelty-free.

She's telling porkies here. This is the travel size.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3
One of the candle reviews is by Sali.

I have left a review. I doubt they will publish it and if they don't I will be emailing them as whats the point in having reviews if they only post the ones that suit them? I encourage you all to so the same if you have time!

Cult Beauty, Bella Freud and Sali Hughes should be ashamed. I can't believe it.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.