Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 'Salinistas' are just as snippy as she is. I didn't think the lady that asked the question was being rude.
Those tweets made me chuckle...answering only to be able to chide another adult for not saying please ffs :ROFLMAO: If it's rude, just don't answer.. Thank you for giving me a laugh

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Did I just watch her QVC job application showreel?

It needs a bit of work, but she’s got potential.
I thought she sounded genuinely excited, she’s definitely got potential

Also, the Ordinary cleanser looks tiny. Looks more like a travel size
It is - I bought it and it’s a great travel size. It’s a nice cleanser for sure but a really tiny tube. I’d stick with the Superdrug own range for the same price

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I feel like an idiot! All this time I thought the "Ginsberg is God" slogan was in reference to Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Thankfully I don't own any of the overpriced tat 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I feel like an idiot! All this time I thought the "Ginsberg is God" slogan was in reference to Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Thankfully I don't own any of the overpriced tat 😂😂
i think I could have been tempted if it was in support of Ruth :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with this one so Googled the phrase to see where it would take me. Why is nobody talking about Ginsberg and the hideous inappropriateness of the candle/sweater/whatever other tit Bella Freud has put it on.

Also, I didn't realize how unlikeable BF was until now.

Reactions: 15
I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with this one so Googled the phrase to see where it would take me. Why is nobody talking about Ginsberg and the hideous inappropriateness of the candle/sweater/whatever other tit Bella Freud has put it on.

Also, I didn't realize how unlikeable BF was until now.
Shouting on a sweater as a substitute for actual talent

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That flipping candle is beyond pretentious. I just find £45 bonkers when it looks like you could buy it anywhere. There are three reviews of it on the cultbeauty site, can anybody spot Sali’s?
E4CD8634-FE6D-4740-9AC7-6A9B69AB8864.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I don't get the lack of research at all - the most cursory two minute Google search reveals Allen Ginsberg was a paedophile, and a defiantly proud one too by the sound of it. He might be the best tousle haired poet out there, but I'm afraid being a child molester sort of eclipses that. It is as appropriate as a 'Weinstein is a Winner' decorative vase. Because he was such a good film producer.

(Reminds me horribly of the Coco Chanel being so marvellous statement - 'dodgy politics aside' 🤦‍♀️)

And seriously re the FB group - why should anyone say please when asking a simple question? How rude to be admonished like that. The OP response was far more polite than mine would have been. And I wish the term 'curated' to dignify choosing a few items would be dropped. Makes me cringe. Last night at Asda I curated my shopping in the frozen veg aisle.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I don't get the lack of research at all - the most cursory two minute Google search reveals Allen Ginsberg was a paedophile, and a defiantly proud one too by the sound of it. He might be the best tousle haired poet out there, but I'm afraid being a child molester sort of eclipses that. It is as appropriate as a 'Weinstein is a Winner' decorative vase. Because he was such a good film producer.

(Reminds me horribly of the Coco Chanel being so marvellous statement - 'dodgy politics aside' 🤦‍♀️)

And seriously re the FB group - why should anyone say please when asking a simple question? How rude to be admonished like that. The OP response was far more polite than mine would have been. And I wish the term 'curated' to dignify choosing a few items would be dropped. Makes me cringe. Last night at Asda I curated my shopping in the frozen veg aisle.
Think we're onto something here. A whole range of candles celebrating disgraced men because they had some talent. Saville is a Superhero, because he raised loads of money for charity. We'll just ignore the sex offending.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I had a quick look at Caroline Hirons FB to see the response. Lacklustre I would say - with a very unscientific count looking like at least three quarters of commenters would not bother. Biggest sticking points seem to be the candle (same reasons given here), and the CC cream. A lot of people find it just too greasy, plus it has snail mucin in. Though Sali did not say the collection was vegan, she did say it was cruelty free, and opinion is divided how the mucin is harvested - some say the snail has to be put in a 'stressed' state to produce it.
Also Caroline's own kit (just released I think) has the Dennis Gross pads.

Reactions: 12

If that's in relation to me, I'm talking specifically about nobody seeming to have any issue with the wording on the Bella Freud stuff. Not Ginsberg himself. There's plenty out there about him.

Reactions: 1
Yes, definitely at Sali/the sheeple/whoever is not making a fuss about this in the media

Reactions: 2
Do you think anybody might DM Sali about the candles, or will she just block/ignore?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Probably block on sight.

Where are the Daily Fail lurkers when you need ‘em?

Reactions: 3
All those candles by BF look like tit GCSE projects. Look like they are done with tippex!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If that's in relation to me, I'm talking specifically about nobody seeming to have any issue with the wording on the Bella Freud stuff. Not Ginsberg himself. There's plenty out there about him.
Oh no I didn't mean you at all - I totally agreed with your comment - I really meant Bella Freud and Sali. Actually Bella Freud mostly. To make such a bold statement (and make money) on clothes, products etc lionising someone you would have to be so sure of your facts, not just lazily use an alliterative slogan as it sounded 'cool'. And it really wasn't hard to find the sex abuse claims.
I didn't know these things about him until this thread - but once seen you can't unsee them. I presume Sali didn't know either tbf to her. I presume she trusted Bella Freud wouldn't be celebrating a child molester - it really is not the first thing you would think of.

Edit: I just wondered there if that is why Cult Beauty had such a backlog of the candles? As they are hardly a new product. People just won't buy them? So they were foisted onto an unsuspecting Sali as a 'huge favour'?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You'd think Freud would want to steer clear...particularly after the revelations about her uncle Clemens Freud also being a pweirdo.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Oh no I didn't mean you at all - I totally agreed with your comment - I really meant Bella Freud and Sali. Actually Bella Freud mostly. To make such a bold statement (and make money) on clothes, products etc lionising someone you would have to be so sure of your facts, not just lazily use an alliterative slogan as it sounded 'cool'. And it really wasn't hard to find the sex abuse claims.
I didn't know these things about him until this thread - but once seen you can't unsee them. I presume Sali didn't know either tbf to her. I presume she trusted Bella Freud wouldn't be celebrating a child molester - it really is not the first thing you would think of.

Edit: I just wondered there if that is why Cult Beauty had such a backlog of the candles? As they are hardly a new product. People just won't buy them? So they were foisted onto an unsuspecting Sali as a 'huge favour'?
I've just submitted a 'review' of the candle onto the Cult Beauty website but doubt that it will be published.

You'd think Freud would want to steer clear...particularly after the revelations about her uncle Clemens Freud also being a pweirdo.
It was awful :-( https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36535263

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.