Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did I just watch her QVC job application showreel?

It needs a bit of work, but she’s got potential.
i think that’s about her limit. At least it would be an honest sales job, instead of her shady, disingenuous touting. She is right at the bottom of the barrel now with this one.

Reactions: 5
Say what you will about her but Caroline Hirons' bags last week were much better value than this rubbish in my opinion. I don't understand how a £45 candle can be a beauty must have.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the press kits although i presume they will be sent out to the usual suspects (perhaps not Caroline given her history with Drunk Elephant).

Reactions: 6
i think that’s about her limit. At least it would be an honest sales job, instead of her shady, disingenuous touting. She is right at the bottom of the barrel now with this one.
Yep, someone mentioned QVC upthread. With the endless repetition in her vids lately, plus her “that’s a saving of £xx 🤩” shtick, I think she’s ideally suited.

Oh, that and her willingness to shill anything for anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her make up is rather harsh and that red lip is not doing her any favours , not that she gives ( or should give) two short shits what I think.

Reactions: 3
I got that candle about 5 years ago, I kept it to store makeup brushes. Feel a bit ill, had no idea he was such a twisted f*ck
If you got the candle 5 years ago it's hardly cutting-edge content in this box is it.
Say what you like about Hirons, at least her collections were pretty good quality and value. Between a candle and a product from The Ordinary, this is pretty rubbish, IMO.

Reactions: 11
Have Bella Freud or Sali ever responded to questions about how odd and immoral it is to deify a man who advocated for paedophilia?

I just attempted some deep research, but got nothing.

Reactions: 9
It’s a strange mix of products indeed. At least 3 of them have been on the market for several years. The box value claims to offer 40% saving, and with some of the products being significantly more expensive than the other ones, I’d really want to be sure I love the expensive ones to blindly invest in a box such as this one.
Having tried and not got on with a few of these boxes (always been a much better value than this one), I’d much rather spend the same amount of money on chosen fewer products than on a box of products I hope I’d like.

Reactions: 7
I’d much rather spend the same amount of money on chosen fewer products than on a box of products I hope I’d like.
I was under the impression that this was always been SH's take on beauty boxes too. Certainly the subscription ones, not sure if she's ever commented on one off "curated" ones.

Reactions: 2
It’s a strange mix of products indeed. At least 3 of them have been on the market for several years. The box value claims to offer 40% saving, and with some of the products being significantly more expensive than the other ones
It's a really incoherent mix of seemingly random choices. I honestly don't know what she was thinking with that candle, she should know better by now, and the rest of it just seems a bit... janky.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's a really incoherent mix of seemingly random choices. I honestly don't know what she was thinking with that candle, she should know better by now, and the rest of it just seems a bit... janky.
She said the box combined three of her greatest passions, makeup, skincare and fragrance

So the candle was to show how "nerdy" she is about fragrance, rather than something that will actually be of any use or value. All about herself

• Sick
Reactions: 6
you’ve got to give it to her- she does like a slogan.

The candle= I a cultured brainiac and not just a pretty face :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
you’ve got to give it to her- she does like a slogan.
Prompted by Sali's slogan jumper, I looked up one of my favourite essays by Fran Lebowitz. It's titled 'Clothes with Pictures and/or Writing on Them: Yes - Another Complaint'.

'Be realistic', she writes, 'If people don't want to listen to you, what makes you think they want to hear from your sweater'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Bella Freud seems like one of those people who wouldn't have got anywhere without their surname. Growing up she did beauty reviews in a sunday supplement and early-teen acne me just felt tit because her treatment reviews were always over the £100 mark. Her jumpers and candles just scream "I have money but no personal style" me.

Reactions: 12
I'm sure SH once wrote never to trust a man who hadn't graduated beyond reading Kerouac's On the Road. Her apparent worship of Ginsberg is odd given her sneering attitude towards the Beats. Oh and Ginsberg's documented support of NAMBLA. What's Sali's take on Polanski and Woody Allen? Can she name more than two Ginsberg poems?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Prompted by Sali's slogan jumper, I looked up one of my favourite essays by Fran Lebowitz. It's titled 'Clothes with Pictures and/or Writing on Them: Yes - Another Complaint'.

'Be realistic', she writes, 'If people don't want to listen to you, what makes you think they want to hear from your sweater'.
Sounds interesting, will give it a read!

Sounds interesting, will give it a read!
Thanks. It's in 'Metropolitan Life' - a collection of social commentary essays written in the 70s. Very Studio 54 New York. Some is pretty dated now but her style has been incredibly influential.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Imagine spending that money and then getting the IT tinted moisturiser that's completely the wrong shade. Way to include POC, but thats not her MO is it.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.